Age of Ultron Ruffahulk Ruffasmash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm now wondering how they should go about with the execution of another Hulk movie.

Thor 2 went to some crazy places (and I'm not just talking about the realm jumping), and I'm wondering just what a Hulk movie has to do to reach that level of WOW.

I'm now wondering how they should go about with the execution of another Hulk movie.

Thor 2 went to some crazy places (and I'm not just talking about the realm jumping), and I'm wondering just what a Hulk movie has to do to reach that level of WOW.

I don't know about level of wow, but it would have to be something like turning General Ross into Red Hulk.

Or just moving away from the military threats all together.

I don't know about level of wow, but it would have to be something like turning General Ross into Red Hulk.

michael-scott-no.gif

Gotta agree with you. Let's have an onscreen Leader before we start scraping the bottom of the barrel of Hulk characters.

If Hulk is given a solo film again, I would like some elements from Peter David's epic run to be included. Stuff like The Leader's Gamma town, Betty getting pregnant and having a miscarriage oh and can we finally get a little character named RICK JONES!!!

Unfortunately, we won't. Marvel wants to make fun movies, not deep epics like Peter David's run (not that it's a bad thing), because the last time we had a serious Hulk movie, it was misunderstood and didn't make any money at the Box Office.

Oh, and I actually really hate Rulk or Red Hulk or General Hulk or whateverihateredhulk

Do you know what a big difference between Ang's Hulk and TIH was? The same difference between Superman Returns and Man of Steel. Hulk had an equal to smash and get smashed back by. He wasn't just swatting flies having an existential crises, he was a hero, going up against a superior force and winning with an old fashioned beatdown.

Any successful Hulk movie will also have this. Now Leader can be there in the background, but Hulk has to fight another gamma monster whom the audience cares about and respects and thinks is menacing. Gamma Dogs won't do.

So unless you can come up with a better answer (Avengers had Thor and an alien invasion), Red Hulk is your ticket to success. Sorry.

Red_Hulk_Movie_by_bobafettrocks.jpg

Unfortunately, we won't. Marvel wants to make fun movies, not deep epics like Peter David's run (not that it's a bad thing), because the last time we had a serious Hulk movie, it was misunderstood and didn't make any money at the Box Office.

Oh, and I actually really hate Rulk or Red Hulk or General Hulk or whateverihateredhulk

I think that David had epic, continuity mining stories, true. But they were also filled with cracker jack humor and a meta-knowingness. To me, adapting elements from his run would fit within the MCU. Or maybe I just want to see Hulk distract someone by saying "Look over there... Is that Lou Ferigno?" :woot:

Do you know what a big difference between Ang's Hulk and TIH was? The same difference between Superman Returns and Man of Steel. Hulk had an equal to smash and get smashed back by. He wasn't just swatting flies having an existential crises, he was a hero, going up against a superior force and winning with an old fashioned beatdown.

Any successful Hulk movie will also have this. Now Leader can be there in the background, but Hulk has to fight another gamma monster whom the audience cares about and respects and thinks is menacing. Gamma Dogs won't do.

So unless you can come up with a better answer (Avengers had Thor and an alien invasion), Red Hulk is your ticket to success. Sorry.

There are loads of opponents in the Hulk mythos that can be used for a showdown with ole Jade Jaws before we HAVE to get to Rulk. The Cube episodes of EMH showcase a ton of Hulk baddies that in a team up or in solo outings could be used to thrash the Hulk.

Perhaps a revamped Abomination, or introduce Leader's brother Madman?
U-FOES?
An army of Humanoids?

Or my own admittedly crazy as hell idea, Annihilus (in a story that brings Bruce to a cosmic forefront, whether or not he and the Other Guy are prepared for that sort of thing).

Basically anything but a Hulk repaint please.

U-Foes!

Also, you sure Fox doesn't have dibs on Annihilus?

If not Red Hulk, at least bring back General Ross.

I'm liking the idea of Ross being forced to work with Bruce, so yeah, definitely bring back the General to some extent. Just not to a red and overbearing extent.

U-Foes!

Also, you sure Fox doesn't have dibs on Annihilus?

I was afraid of getting my head bit off for mentioning them in particular. But the U-Foes are perfect for a Hulk film. Evil FF? What's not to love. Some of my favorite Hulk stories include Vector, X-ray, Vapor and Iron Clad.

I'd especially love to see how Bruce and friends handle the likes of Vapor and X-Ray, whom may require a little more finesse and cleverness to dispatch of than the Hulk can provide. But Vector and Iron Clad would make for great smashing targets to satisfy the need for Hulk action.

I don't think anyone really knows if Annihilus is actually included with the FF deal. Apparently they don't have the Kree, and maybe that means they don't even have the Skrull. Maybe they only bothered securing rights to Doom, the Surfer and Galactus?

I'd especially love to see how Bruce and friends handle the likes of Vapor and X-Ray, whom may require a little more finesse and cleverness to dispatch of than the Hulk can provide. But Vector and Iron Clad would make for great smashing targets to satisfy the need for Hulk action.

I don't think anyone really knows if Annihilus is actually included with the FF deal. Apparently they don't have the Kree, and maybe that means they don't even have the Skrull. Maybe they only bothered securing rights to Doom, the Surfer and Galactus?

The inclusion of what is going on in Banner/Hulk's mind would allow the audience to understand how Hulk could come up with tactics to deal with foes. Plus, it would give Mark R. a chance to do some more character stuff while having Hulk on screen.

More I think about it, the more perfect they'd be.

Would they recast the rest of the characters?

I doubt it.

I mean, what's Liv Tyler even up to?

More I think about it, the more perfect they'd be.

They've got VFX ready powers coming out the wazoo! Iron Clad brings the muscle, but we've seen that before. It's stuff like X-Ray or Vapor that would be truly interesting and if they could do a live action version of Vector ripping the flesh right off of Hulks body I could die happy.

Now that I think about it, getting inside Bruce's head while he's Hulked out would be brilliant. It would ease us into at least some Peter David territory and allow for banter between Bruce and the Hulk that would harken back to JARVIS and Tony.

No idea what Liv is up to but I'd enjoy her return as Betty.

And yes, the U FOES could make for some very interesting encounters and visual spectacles. I'm almost wondering if we should just delay the Leader's debut and make Vector the ring leader villain for Ruffalo's first solo outing.

Now that I think about it, getting inside Bruce's head while he's Hulked out would be brilliant. It would ease us into at least some Peter David territory and allow for banter between Bruce and the Hulk that would harken back to JARVIS and Tony.

No idea what Liv is up to but I'd enjoy her return as Betty.

And yes, the U FOES could make for some very interesting encounters and visual spectacles. I'm almost wondering if we should just delay the Leader's debut and make Vector the ring leader villain for Ruffalo's first solo outing.

The interplay between Banner and Hulk is what a film series would need. And nobody did it better than David. Hulk needs to have some way of allowing the audience to see how he feels towards Banner, and it should not just be one note. Believe it or not it can be complex. How would Hulk feel about Betty potentially being pregnant? If Banner is still planning on taking the risk of finding a cure, no matter how Zen he seems about it currently, I'm guessing Hulk would have some kind of reaction.

U-Foes are pretty damn amazing.

Really, what Marvel should be doing is moving away from the classic Gamma Mutant/Military part of the Hulk mythology and start exploring the cosmic/Magic stuff, It'd mesh really well with what they're doing with Thor and GotG.

Exactly and it would make Hulk into an underdog figure to go up against foes who would scoff at the idea of being challenged by by any being that hails from Earth, at least up until the point that he succeeds their expectations and collapses their face with his fist.

Which is sort of why I even entertained the idea of Annihilus. It'd be uncharted and unexpected territory for both Hulk and audiences. That being said, I think a mildly cerebral experience of getting into Bruce's head while pitting him against an "evil FF" would also be a brilliant, brilliant direction to take if the studio doesn't want him away from Earth yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"