Rule Britannia...The Braddock for MCU Thread

Mandon Knight

We did it......
Reaction score
The one character who I think should have a place alongside future MCU films and in team up's, is Captain Britain.

One of my fave Marvel characters and back story's too, do others want to see him appear.

As far as casting goes, I'd say give it to Dan Stevens.

I love it! I was hoping we would see him turn up in a captain America movie played by Rupert Penry Jones.

But it might be even more fun if he's like a modern Manchester lad who loves football and kicks ass. Although that might be more of a Union Jack thing. Like jack is northerner and Brian is more London. In fact, get all of MI:13 in there!

YES! YES! YES !

Captain Britain absolutely deserves his own film - either that or an Excalibur film.

I was a huge fan of the Davis/Moore and Davis/Delano runs ( the Davis/Moore collected edition is one of my favorite re-read comics).

Casting anyone ?

latest

I'll try.

Captain Britain - Rupert penry Jones
Meggan- Billie Piper
Union Jack - Elliott titensor
Spitfire - Sheridan Smith
Pete wisdom - Jonas Armstrong
Faiza Hussein - Parminder Nagra
Blade - John Boyega

YES! YES! YES !

Captain Britain absolutely deserves his own film - either that or an Excalibur film.

I was a huge fan of the Davis/Moore and Davis/Delano runs ( the Davis/Moore collected edition is one of my favorite re-read comics).

Casting anyone ?

latest

As per my opening post, personally, I'd have Dan Stevens all the way.

Rupert penry Jones would be my pick but he might be too old for the role by the time it ever comes to be cast.

Jeremy Irvine might make a good Captain Britain if they go the younger casting route.

Robert Pattinson has said he would like to do some Blockbusters and he could make a good Brian Braddock as well.

Feige has said British actors have talked about wanting to play the role.

Jack O’Connell would make a good Joey Chapman Union Jack

Not interested. Though a Psylocke cameo would get my attention. That's for sure!

Damien Lewis for Brian. I don't think it'll ever happen though.

The London Sanctum being re-built could provide a decent place to tie it all in though.

Prologue: Establish Merlin and whatever threat they pick. (maybe even talk with the Ancient one as she was Celtic.)

As the sanctum is being re-built. The new protector of the sanctum receives help from Roma. She finds some of her fathers artifacts. One starts to react and leads her to Brian. Captain Britain gets established and protects Roma as she evolves into Lady of the Northern Skies.

Damien Lewis for Brian. I don't think it'll ever happen though.

He's got the height but would need to hit the gym pretty hard.
The perfect actor for Cap would have been Henry Cavill, but he's in demand elsewhere.

I would love to see him appear, especially with Strange opening up the magical aspect of the mcu. It would be cool to see him alongside his sister Betsy/Psylocke also and maybe even explore the Kwannon/Psylocke story too.

No thanks to guy Ritchie. I didn't like his geezer take on king Arthur.

A captain Britain and black knight buddy movie could be cool though. Hopefully meggan would feature as well.

I cannot imagine anyone else but James Norton as Brian Braddock.

Dan stevens?

Captain would be a very differnt way to go for marvel which could be very interesting if done right.

Happy to hear possible news, but completely wrong creative director for this.....

Guy Ritchie to Direct "Captain Britain and the Black Knight" Film!?!?!?!

Oh my gosh that’s really exciting news! I really like guy. If he brings that rocknrolla magic to it it would be heaps of fun. Hopefully more rocknrolla than King Arthur.

Who would be the villain for a captain Britain movie? Mordred?

I wonder if they’ll set it in the present day. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if the set it in Boudicca days or even ww1 or something. I mean they clearly want to keep building out the MCU

I’ll be happy to see this guy in due course.

I cannot imagine anyone else but James Norton as Brian Braddock.

Norton would be good.

In terms of villains I suppose it depends on what type of story they want to tell.

If they are going for the mystical magical Arthurian mythology then Modred, Bloodwraith and Morgan Le Fay could be good picks.

If they are going the trippy alternate universe hero route then Mad Jim Jaspers, The Fury, Crazy Gang and Sat-Yr-9, Albion or Jamie Braddock would be good foes.

Slaymaster, Lord Hawk or Nigel Orpington Smythe or Doctor Crocodile for more conventional supervillains

Betsy and Courtney Ross for supporting roles. It would be cool if they got Lance Hunter from SHIELD in the movie as well in a supporting role. Perhaps Hunter and Betsy could be MI3 or RCX agents.

I like Hunnam for Braddock

And Kit Harrington for Union Jack

The problem with that Guy Richie rumor is that he's finishing up Aladdin for Disney right now, and then he's doing another British gangster movie immediately after that...but the rumor says he's meeting with actors for Captain Britain? It doesn't quite fit the timeline right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"