Rumor - Banshee

narrows101

Reaction score
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/scoops/news/?a=5296

Banshee Cameo In Wolverine Movie

Aussie actor/scooper "fairdinkum45" sent us word that super-screamer Banshee will make a cameo appearance in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I'm an actor in Australia and found out through a friend that Banshee will have a featured cameo in the Wolverine movie. This part will be non-speaking and played by a young actor (25 max). Logan and Victor will also be young guys in the film.

Not sure if you knew about Banshee (a little mifted that he wont be older)

Didn't we already know that there is a Cassidy's bar in the movie?

Or, as noted in the Empire article, perhaps he's the muzzled mutant mentioned as being imprisoned by Stryker.

Hmm if he's muzzled and it's a non-speaking role, how do we know it's Banshee? Screaming count?

I guessed a Banshee cameo would happen a while ago. Hopefully it happens, Sean is one of the most underrated characters in the X-Men stable.

He could come back in a sequel, perhaps.

Let's hope so. :woot:

Possibly the Deadpool spinoff? Syrin (his daughter) and Wade have a thing for a while in the comics...

Hmm if he's muzzled and it's a non-speaking role, how do we know it's Banshee? Screaming count?

Perhaps someone will call him by name or he'll simply be credited as Banshee in the same way Mei Melancon was credited as Psylocke.

We saw his daughter in X2, so it'd be nice to see him in Wolverine as well :D :up:

Possibly the Deadpool spinoff? Syrin (his daughter) and Wade have a thing for a while in the comics...
Deadpool also screwed up Sean's last mission with Interpol. It's good thinking to make the connection but if he's not going to have any lines at all then it can't be considered a set up for any future appearances.

Well...We did see Syrin in one of the films...

Banshee in a non-speaking role...What's the point then?

It's a nod to the fans. That's it... just like when Colossus is seen drawing during the school montage in X-Men.

Yeah - apparently, there's a fight scene between Wolverine and Sabretooth there. The set was filmed in Dunedin, New Zealand. So maybe Banshee appears in this scene, or as a "the muzzled mutant".

Banshee? Sweet! Speaking or non-speaking, I welcome his appearance.

Cassidy's bar seems like the most logical but the prison is also a good bet. Wherever he ends up showing up i think it's a nice nod to include him.

Well, hopefully he's there to be involved in another X-film at some point.

I know how the fans on here hate cameos, it seems to cause upset about 'screentime' rather than being viewed with excitement as an Easter egg.

Whenever well-known comic characters get small parts, it seems to cause an uproar on here.... so get ready for the Banshee backlash. ('Dudez, dat sux, he only like ten seconds on screen, oh nozzz!!11')....

I'd love to see him appear in Wolverine and then end up in "First Class" as an instructor (like with the 'Generation X' series).

Awesome. And I love that idea of Generation X-esque roll in First Class.

Just because the name Cassidy is there, doesn't necessarily mean that it's Banshee. Has anyone thought that it could be "Black Tom" Cassidy? He did have a major role in the original Deadpool comics...

It's possible that there could be some tie-in/set-up with him here. ;)

I don't know, maybe I'm completely off on this... it's just a thought I had.

Awesome. And I love that idea of Generation X-esque roll in First Class.

me 2! btw, anyone see that wonderful little made for tv movie? last i checked its still on youtube.

I hope it's Sean Cassidy, and not Black Tom Cassidy. I'm almost sure people would prefer Sean more. Besides, Banshee is one of the most underrated characters in the X-Men universe.

me 2! btw, anyone see that wonderful little made for tv movie? last i checked its still on youtube.
I watched that ages ago. I thought it was pretty crappy but I remember Jeremy Ratchford and Fiona Hughes being good as Sean and the White Queen.

I hope it's Sean Cassidy, and not Black Tom Cassidy. I'm almost sure people would prefer Sean more. Besides, Banshee is one of the most underrated characters in the X-Men universe.
If they're going to use any Cassidy, it will be Sean. The only notable thing Black Tom ever did was kill Sammy Fishboy.

I watched that ages ago. I thought it was pretty crappy but I remember Jeremy Ratchford and Fiona Hughes being good as Sean and the White Queen.

If they're going to use any Cassidy, it will be Sean. The only notable thing Black Tom ever did was kill Sammy Fishboy.

Yeah the movie was pretty crappy but I did like Jeremey as Cassidy and Fiona as the White Queen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"