Days of Future Past X-Men: Days of Future Past Speculation

marvelrobbins

Avenger
Reaction score
I want to speculate what the biggest X-Men film ever(Fox's description) and using cats of both first Class and original Cast could bring

20-25 Minute sequeze set In Future-Open with Sentinles walking around torn down New York.Cut to Internment camp were several of the remaining utants have collors on and you see Magneto(Ian Mckellan) just Imagne the drama of seeing her In Camp just as he was as a boy.You see Xavier(Patrick Stewert) you can have discussion how all of his efforts at wanting to prevent mutants to suffer fate his family did caused another holocaust.You can see Storm(Halle Berry) and also see graves of characters.Suddenly you see Kitty Pryde(ellen Page or recasted actress) phase Into camp with Wolverine and Colossus(recasted actor) Kitty gets to work unlocking the collors.Sentinles before long are on to Jailbreak.Colossus and Wolverine do throwball special to buy time to complete the unlocking.Once free both Magneto and Storm use powers against Sentinles.Magneto sacrifices himelf so the rest can escape.They go to ruins of mansion where Wolverine Introduces them to member of mutant Underground Forge.They have devolped plan to try to prevent this world by preventing the assassination.They need Xavier's mental powers to power It.The Sentinles soon are at the mansion.Storm,Colossus,and Kitty buy time for Forge to use Xavier's mental power to power machine to send wolverine back In time.

Rest of film

Wolverine arrives In 1963

At the mansion In crude early version of danger Beast,Banshee,and Havok are training at using their powers and working as a team.Xavier knows It Is only a matter of time before Magneto strikes

In nightclub frequented by wealthy and political elite JFK Is among them watching Emma Frost as sexy dance.Riptide Is working as bartender.Mystique In form of beautiful young waitress(You know they are likely to find a way for Jennifer Lawrence not to be In Mystique blue form her entire screen time) who gets JFK's attention.After performing Emma goes backstage and meets Azarel who teleports her to Magneto who tells him phase one of plan Is completed.

some time Is spent showing how Xavier and beast are coping

Disguised Mystique becomes JFK's Mistress

wolverine shows up at mansion.He ends up Into fight with Havok till Xavier appears.Wolverine Is surprised to see Xavier with hair.He tries to convince him he Is from future.Xavier reads his minds seeing Magneto will launch public attack which results In JFK's death,alert the general public to mutants and set In motion chain of events which will lead to holocaust and unleashing of sentinles who enslave humans as well as wiping out mutants

Xavier has Wolverine train with Beast,Havok,and Banshee as they prepare.

Wolverine dons a First Class era X-Men uniform

with Mystique's inside information.The brotherhood Is waiting when JFK arrives In Texas.Magneto makes speech.The X-Men arrive.Huge battle
between X-Men VS Brootherhood.Riptide and Angel are killed during the battle.Magneto pulls metal from wolverine.Unknown to Magneto the plan was
for Wolverine to distract him.with help from Banshee Beast Is able to get the helmet off.Xavier goes Into his mind showing him what Wolverine showed him.
Emma goes to diamond form to stop Xavier.Beast subdues Emma.Mystique morphs to true form to show JFk wo she really Is and as she she Is about to kill him Beast prevents her.Azarel teleports Mystique away.

Wolverine returns to future.They are left wondering If they made a difference.

In twist ending of film while In car shoots ring out at JFK.We see Magneto In cword controlling the bullets flow so JFK Is killed.Despite It all JFK Is still killed by Magneto just the circumstences changed.

Interesting. Some of that I'd like to see.

Some solid ideas marvelrobbins. For me, ever since Vaughn mentioned the JFK thing I havnt been fond of the idea. There are zero circumstances where I would believe the audience would buy into his assassination being stopped after being killed by a fictional character. We all know an assassination by someone would happen regardless. In order to get an alt future using JFK I think it would have to be a future where he was never shot , not a future where he is shot. We live in that world. Or they would really have to show the difference of why his death would result in an alt future if by the hands of a Mutant instead of a human.

Not too fond on using a real Presidents death as the driving point of the movie either. I would rather they use a fictional figure while JFK still plays a part of the background if they choose the movie to happen that soon to FC. If they use his assassination I think thats only about a year from FC and the Cuban missile crisis. Im expecting it to take place a few years later after FC.

Hope they dive into the politics of the general publics awareness of mutants. That should be a big moment and a driving force for Mags. Really curious on how this will all work and what they are doing.

Last edited:
A large part of this was to show how wolverine as time traveler could work.And they could use Magneto taking the metal out from fatal attraction storyline.

With the JFK assassination If used In film I think It will be used as event they are trying to stop.Now they may go with a fictonal politican to fill that role.But,It's very possable to go and say the timeline the future X-Men are trying to change were set In motion by mutants being revealed to public through attack of brotherhood that resulted In JFK's death.It started hysteria about mutants.Because of thee vents of this film the attack Is thrawerted.Mutants become exposed to public but not blamed for JFK'S assination although an ending which matches what Vaughn earlier said happens.

One obvious way to give Jennifer Lawrence screentime outside of blue makeup Is to get attention and get close to target of assassination which could be JFK or fictional politican.I think we can agree she could turn guy's head.And that as well as January Jones as sexy dancer which help the bond elements which I am sure as long as they are In 60's will still be around.

Do you think they're going to have Magneto in a wheelchair in the movie? The irony of that would be great. Well it's not technically irony...but you know what I mean. Prof X being in one...then Magneto...would be cool to see. Except they cast Ian McKellan who's already old to begin with in X 1,2, and 3. How could he possibly be alive in the future sequences of the DofP movie?

It will most likely set set 10 years after whenever X-Men/X2 or first trilogy took place.

I don't think Magneto will be In wheelchair.

Do you think they're going to have Magneto in a wheelchair in the movie? The irony of that would be great. Well it's not technically irony...but you know what I mean. Prof X being in one...then Magneto...would be cool to see. Except they cast Ian McKellan who's already old to begin with in X 1,2, and 3. How could he possibly be alive in the future sequences of the DofP movie?
its been over 10 years since the first movie an he's still alive an kickin

unless you expect a future sequence to be like 20-30 years into the future

but, people live a lot longer these days... an if its set in the future people well probably be able to live even longer

I wonder how "alternate" the potential future sequences will be. I guess it's logical to go with characters who survived the original trilogy to avoid added confusion, but the prospect of seeing Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Storm etc all fighting Sentinels in the future would be too exciting to pass up if I had any say.

A large part of this was to show how wolverine as time traveler could work.And they could use Magneto taking the metal out from fatal attraction storyline.
That Fatal Attractions moment would be awesome!
With the JFK assassination If used In film I think It will be used as event they are trying to stop.Now they may go with a fictonal politican to fill that role.But,It's very possable to go and say the timeline the future X-Men are trying to change were set In motion by mutants being revealed to public through attack of brotherhood that resulted In JFK's death.It started hysteria about mutants.Because of thee vents of this film the attack Is thrawerted.Mutants become exposed to public but not blamed for JFK'S assination although an ending which matches what Vaughn earlier said happens.
Yeah, Im just not sold on the JFK thing. I dont see how that would change the future since its an event that happens in normal history. There would have to be something else added.

That Fatal Attractions moment would be awesome!

Yeah, Im just not sold on the JFK thing. I dont see how that would change the future since its an event that happens in normal history. There would have to be something else added.

Agreed.

We also, should they show the X1 -X3 continuity, need an explanation of the alternate past displayed in XM:FC

In terms of the JFK murder, I'd rather see it in a way where perhaps the alternate future is cause by him not dying and mutant intervention saves him but also leads to further anti-mutant sentiment.

In terms of the JFK murder, I'd rather see it in a way where perhaps the alternate future is cause by him not dying and mutant intervention saves him but also leads to further anti-mutant sentiment.

Yeah, thats the only way I can really see it working. There would have to be a significant change in his fate in order to have the Alt future.

Last edited:
Interesting. Can't wait to find out which route to take. I almost want two movies because there's so many possibilities. If done right this could be an amazing film.

I really hope they don't use JFK's assassination in the movie. Its a touchy subject and I don't want this movie to get some controversy if they reenact that situation.

Interesting. Can't wait to find out which route to take. I almost want two movies because there's so many possibilities. If done right this could be an amazing film.

I think it may very well be two movies at least. Singer was quoted saying he wants to go big like the Avengers.
I really would like them to emphasize the forbidden breeding in the future. The type of human that carries the mutant gene are forbidden to breed, the ones without the gene are good to go. And of course, mutants are to be terminated and/or encamped. It's hyper realistic and scary.

They really need to show societies impact on discovering Mutants for the first time. That along with the Future incarceration of Mutants should make for a strong dark film.

I really hope they don't use JFK's assassination in the movie. Its a touchy subject and I don't want this movie to get some controversy if they reenact that situation.

How is the JFK assassination touchy? Not judging. Just curious...:huh:

There are all the conspiracy theories as to what what really happened, and those could resurface, taking attention away from the movie. I could also see some members of the tin foil hat club saying that mutants really were behind the assassination, as well as some political extremist nut jobs saying the movie is propaganda. I'm not saying that this could happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Don't show the car and the secret service agent and Jackie. Just show Magneto from a far at the scene exactly like Watchmen handled it. We have seen that scene one too many times.

Ridiculous statement. There's been countless JFK movies since that event and no controversy would arise.

Ridiculous statement. There's been countless JFK movies since that event and no controversy would arise.

Some of those films did actually cause a problem, others not so much. Def depends how they would do it.

I just dont see the point in doing it. With this story line it doesnt seem right to use real moments in history to create an Alt Future. I guess I can see them using his death in some manner, but not as the Alt future changing moment. The moment should be a big change in history not similar.

Last edited:
I think it would be cool if they used JFK's assassination as part of the plot, it just has to be done right... Watchmen did it quite cool...

The only way this could work, would be for something else to occur as well, so that after the events of the film, they left at a point in time where there future will take them in a whole new direction, and not necessarily become the same future of the original trilogy... So kind of making it like the Star Trek film, so that moving forward Singer/Vaughn can tell new stories without worrying about the continuity of the series...

What if JFK was a mutant and was assassinated by the CIA who used the Dallas mob and Dallas PD? It sets off a chain reaction that leads to the camps in the future.

Moira MacTaggert works for the CIA, she could discover the reason behind it.

---

Or one Senator is assassinated by a mutant and this begins the hate that eventually leads to the camps.

A friend of that deceased senator is Senator Robert Kelly's son, Robert Edward Kelly Jr. He hates mutants because they killed and impersonated his father.

In his first term he allowed Larry Trask* (Bolivar's brother) to setup factories in his home district that eventually lead to the creation of Sentinels. Kelly brings jobs to his district, and while he wasn't vocal about his anti-mutant views its not until his friend is killed does he capitalize on the situation. Trask lobbies Congress and Kelly gets approval from the US Government to create the Mutant Registration Act. Eventually Sentinels are created which at first are only used to "police" mutants not kill them.

Trask and Kelly get rich when other countries order Sentinels due to so some incidents involving mutants.

It just snowballs from there, Kelly becomes President and lets the Sentinels hunt mutants, create camps in cities across America and encourages other countries to follow suit.

In the end it turns out Kelly was behind the assassination of his friend and the other incidents around the globe that made mutants look bad.

Wolverine travels in the past to prevent this but is sent too far back, he ends up in the 60s. So he takes the 1960s X-Men and Brotherhood to the future with him to expose and overthrow President Kelly. They team up with Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Colossus and Rogue who helps them even being depowered. Storm would've been killed off and would've been a high priority for the Sentinels due to her powers.
The two teams succeed and Charles wipes their memories, or they volunteer to have them wiped, so they don't have to remember the horrors they saw. They travel back to 1960s.

* Bolivar Trask was in X3 as head of Homeland Security and had no hatred for mutants. In the comics Larry is his son. The Trask family could be well off.

It could be a two movie story as well with a nod to Back to the Future where Part 1 is set mainly in the 1960s and they complete their mission and Wolverine leaves. And then they turn around to see Wolverine return and bring them to the future to help because the future did not change.

Last edited:
all I know is

- a BETTER designed Beast (no furry Elvis kitten)

- I want RACHEL SUMMERS.

- i want CORRECTLY designed sentinels.

and this to happen:

a78_871035ec56.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"