• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming Rumor: Tony Stark invents Spider-man's mech webshooters

T'Challa built Wakanda with Stark Tech. Tony also owns the Baxter Building and Reed Richards works for him. Hank Pym will join the action in the MCU as Tonys personal Alfred. And finally Amadeus Cho is renamed Amadeus Stark and is Tony's son. If Charles Xavier comes into the MCU Tony will be so smart psychic attacks will have no effect on him.

The only actual genius that will exist in the MCU is Stark. Until he gains the power to feed off the intelligence of others and becomes Ego the Living Center of the MCU. Not even the genius villains will be safe. Norman Osborn is Tony's step brother and Oscorp was a small business that broke away from Stark Industries. Doctor Octavius's arms are powered by arc reactor technology. Doctor Doom himself is now Victor Von Stark, Tony's evil twin brother. Whom builds his from the scraps of Tony's self destructed suits from IM3. Then when Stark can't get any bigger they will retitle the MCU the Marvel Starkamatic Universe and every actor that is hired will have to take 75% of their check into RDJ's pay. Eventually he will not only own Marvel but Disney and soon...the world.

Just be clear I'm joking. I was laughing so hard while writing this I had to keep going.

Wow, you guys are really defensive.

Parker is still smart if Stark accepts him as a protege.

Think of Stark as Carl Sagan and Peter Parker as a young Neil Degrasse Tyson.

This could work.

Stark creating Ultron made so much sense though... Pym making him wouldn't have fit into the MCU we know. Stark's guilt literally drives the entire movie and will definitely play a role in Civil+Infinity Wars.

I think the best way for this would for Peter to invent the idea of the webshooters, create a primitive version, get advice from Tony when they meet and in the end probably use Tony's resources to improve it. Tony/Banner serving in a advisory capacity because at the end of the day PP is a high school dude in the MCU, only makes sense that while he is a genius in his own right, Stark and Co. are able to give him advice.

I still don't see why folks think stark will really be that invovled for peter and his suit and tech. I seriously don't think they would do that. And so undermine what makes peter unique and all that. I have no issue if tony says you need some better tech and look. And then peter using tony lab and resources upgrades his tech and suit. From his own ideas. But just uses stsrt resources. That I don't have issur. Again if stark flat out makes anything for peter it should be the iron spider suit. Down the road and we see it in a later film. That is it.

Again really he wasn't so invovled with the other heroes. Banner was to himself. And they only see science bros. Widow and Clint are spies and first got suits and tech from shield. Then upgraded by stark larer. Thor is a alien god. Their is no reason for him to flat out make and give peter things right off the bat.

More so we already know spidey is in the mcu already in action for a few months in a homemade suit and tech. So he been at it for a bit before civil war starts. So first how would stark already know spidey. And second with all going on in civil war and intro bp and peter. Their isn't time for that. Personally I feel it will end up just tony saying you need better stuff if you want to do this. And then peter borrows some stark stuff and upgrades or with tony blessing uses his lab and upgrades. Hell the other factor is we don't even know what the govt law thing will be on heroes fully. And second we don't know what the heroes will be thinking of tony by the end of the film.

This is literally the most out of control rumor since...ever.

Ya I know and again its from latino review and their marvel scoops haven't had the best correctness. Now if it was say frosty from collider or devin from birth movies. I would believe it more. But come on no where in anything kevin has spoken about spidey. Or even watts and the solo film writers have lead to any dam stark stuff.

Hey, we know Tony Stark used to have one night stands with female scientist types. Maybe about 14 years ago, one of those one night stands was with a certain Dr Helen Cho. *eg*

latest

Ultimate Spider-Man anyone?

doesn't this rumor come from Latino-Review

aren't they the ones that were 95% sure that the new Spider-man won't be white

oh wait

aren't they the ones that claimed Asa Butterfield had already been cast as Spider-man

oh wait

No, Pete's ingenuity in making we shooters is part of the character.
This.
Pete did a lot of work with his webs and the web shooters over the years, changing that will be disappointing.
Even USM cartoon kept it that Peter made his web shooters, and then S.H.I.E.L.D gave him an upgrade for it.

So I think even if the execution can be good, the idea is bad.

Wow, you guys are really defensive.

Parker is still smart if Stark accepts him as a protege.

Think of Stark as Carl Sagan and Peter Parker as a young Neil Degrasse Tyson.

This could work.

My issue is that Peter shouldn't be a protege to begin with. The whole appeal of the character when Lee and Ditko created him was that he was a teen superhero that had no other superhero mentor whatsoever. Part of why guys like Cap and Tony were so impressed with him wasn't just because of his smarts but because he was doing everything they were doing while still being a minor.

I agree with Spider-Aziz that even if the execution is good, the idea is bad.

Stark creating Ultron made so much sense though... Pym making him wouldn't have fit into the MCU we know. Stark's guilt literally drives the entire movie and will definitely play a role in Civil+Infinity Wars.
Yeah, exactly. I think people just don't look at the bigger picture. The mcu is its own thing and sometimes it has limitations and compromises have to be made. If Edgar Wright had been a team player I guarantee we would've had Ultron built by Pym.

If Peter does get some sort of upgrade, I'd take it as the writers trying to update Civil War and basically be a play on Stark giving Peter the Iron Spider as a gift.

My issue is that Peter shouldn't be a protege to begin with. The whole appeal of the character when Lee and Ditko created him was that he was a teen superhero that had no other superhero mentor whatsoever. Part of why guys like Cap and Tony were so impressed with him wasn't just because of his smarts but because he was doing everything they were doing while still being a minor.

And how is it gonna be different in CW? Peter's already had his origin, he's already been fighting crime

And how is it gonna be different in CW? Peter's already had his origin, he's already been fighting crime

He literally just started his career (according to Feige). He probably hasn't fought any villains yet (and if he did, then none of the major ones for sure). He hasn't even graduated high school yet.

If you really think none of those things a big deal and would take away from the point of the character, I don't know what to say.

He literally just started his career (according to Feige). He probably hasn't fought any villains yet (and if he did, then none of the major ones for sure). He hasn't even graduated high school yet.

If you really think none of those things a big deal and would take away from the point of the character, I don't know what to say.
Well no, I don't because I don't see why he would even be Tony's protege in Civil War

We won't see iron spider here. It's already been said only red and blues. There is still no reason for stark to make peter a suit or any tech. This early into his her career.

Again peter likely be on his own is bright. Idolize both tony and steve. And all that. But I don't we see him be full on mentor and mentee deal. Also I am sure by end of civil war. Tony will likely be on the outs with the rest of the hero community. And peter likely will have a scene st the end saying he doesn't think how tony and steve handled things during the film was right. And he wants to do things his own way. But if they ie the heroes ever need his help to call on him.

I still haven't gotten over Tony Stark being credited for creating Ultron

Personally I'm getting a little tired of Tony Stark

I never get tired of Stark. I'm just tired of this rumor.

Ya it seems ever since the marvel deal happen3d. Every month we had 1 or 2 silly far off bs crap that rails us all up. From the asa drama, to a racial peter, the silly rumored suits, etc.......

Ya it seems ever since the marvel deal happen3d. Every month we had 1 or 2 silly far off bs crap that rails us all up. From the asa drama, to a racial peter, the silly rumored suits, etc.......

Yeah I wish for some official reveals to stop these annoying rumors.

2761711-1657.jpg

Yeah I wish for some official reveals to stop these annoying rumors.
The sooner the rumors get dispelled the better things will be, but right now I'm in no hurry to see that happened, cause I strongly believe it will, we will watch the movies, and forget the rumors were mentioned.

Just have Peter make them. I feel like if Tony makes them, it just glorifies his character excessively. Like a "Tony Stark saves the day again" type of thing.

And just WHY would Stark give them to Parker?

It's not like the big bad billionaire industrialist has any connection to a junior in a Queens high school.

The biggest thing we don't even know how in the film peter is going to meet tony, steve and the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"