Homecoming (Rumour) Iron Man in this movie. You're opinion.

Well not all LR is crap some of the reports have more track record over others. Or in case of El himself he is better with some things vs others.

Maybe they mistaked "Iron Man" for "Iron Man Armor". #DarkReignConfirmed

Considering crossovers/connective tissue is one of if not the main aspects of the MCU, and the fact that Spidey is being brought over in the first place after Sony tired everyone out, I think something like this... Iron Man or not, is intended. There'll likely be major focus on Spider-Man being in this universe. It's them making use of the MCU in telling a new story. Having other characters appear is likely part of that (considering we're even hearing about it). You know what? I don't blame them.

I know I'll be argued that they simply need to tell a good story, and of course that's part of the plan, but utilising... or however you want to put it, this greater universe is only a plus to that. Like I said, they would no doubt take advantage of it with things like including characters from other films. In this case, Iron Man.

Last edited:
I still think they should choose someone different. I would rather have almost anyone else... If this is after Civil War, assuming Spidey will be in Civil War, that means that in the end of the movie he would have to be on Tonys side... unless...
This could be the first time showing the Secret Avengers vs Illuminati. (If that would be the road they take.) They would show spider-man acting for the SA and Iron Man acting for Illuminati, they would cross paths, disagree on how to accomplish their common goal, then when all hope is lost spider-man decides to compromise, he gives up his plan and helps execute Iron Mans plan, even though he doesn't thing it is the right way to do it, he realizes he needs Iron Man.
Then I might be okay with Iron Man being in it. As long as he isn't a sidekick to spider-man, because we all know no matter how it's done he wouldn't look like the side-kick.

I could see IM working, dependant on execution. Maybe in the final scenes or something

oh ya i am not saying they shouldnt have cameos and crossover stuff. Just the way the LR story was sounded silly. I wouldnt mind if any one has a cameo/small role as long as it works in favor to spidey and spidey's story they are telling.

It should focus on his own universe and mythology to be honest just like films like Iron Man 1, TIH and Guardians Of The Galaxy. There doesn't need to be a wider element that changes the universe like Cap 2.

We know from history that a Spider-Man series with a focus on other heros doesn't work aswell (Ultimate and Amazing Friends) for the fact that he's really just a lone wolf by DNA.

That said crossover elements can be there when mythologies naturally overlap, like Kingpin & Ben Urich.

sure we need to get spidey set up right. But nods or refrences be it in pictures/videos/or spoken stuff of greater mcu characters and events isnt bad. heck look for example how new york residents talk about the battle of ny in DD. We got nods and refrences to avengers and other mcu events. But dd was still grounded to his little area of nyc. Same could be for spidey and if they handle a small role/cameo well i dont a issue with any big player of the mcu heroes or support characters poping in spidey.

I'd love to see that one scene where Peter tries to escape from Tony and smacks face first into the window.

i dunno about Iron Man, but it would be cool to have a Daredevil cameo. maybe even Kingpin can make an appearance

i dunno about Iron Man, but it would be cool to have a Daredevil cameo. maybe even Kingpin can make an appearance
I think this sounds like the most likely. I heard that DD season 2 isn't confirmed, and they don't plan on bringing other heroes into it if they did continue it. I'm not sure if they would have DD in other films. But if they have him, they can easily bring King Pin in and have spidey team with him to take him down once and for all.

Of course they won't talk about more seasons yet for the netflix shows its still very early and don't know how folks take them yet. If we see any other seasons out of the shows dd likely to get a second season before we get the defenders mini. Then if the others are success they likely get more seasons in time like other netflix shows have.

As for the netflix guys showing up in films. Jo reason they can't or wont. It's all apart of the mcu. But we likely won't see the netflix guys interact with avengers or even spidey to at least infinity wars.

I think if anyone interacts with Spidey in the next film its likely other established cinematic MCU characters. Why not have the biggest draw in Tony Stark make an appearance to help launch this new MCU Spidey off the ground. I would love to see the new Norman Osborn be this new business rival for Tony. Now that Tony is out of the weapons business Oscorp has taken over defense contracts and trying to get into clean energy as well. This could be Norman's big intro as well without being the main villain.

@webhead2006 were on the same page then.

I just don't count easter eggs as crossovers lol.

Ya lol. Ideally it be wise to let spidey be spidey. And make the wi k and nods to the greater mcu. But at least for first solo be subtle with bringing in big mcu guys.

Iron Man fighting Spider-Man has some sort of audition for The Avengers sounds like bad fan fiction.

If Tony's in the film it could make sense. He may already know Peter from Civil War. If not, have Tony and Peter run into each other early in the movie, make it obvious Tony has some interest in Peter's intelligence, and then leave it be...

Until the end of the movie, when Tony gives Peter the classic Spider-Man outfit.

Iron Man fighting Spider-Man has some sort of audition for The Avengers sounds like bad fan fiction.

If Tony's in the film it could make sense. He may already know Peter from Civil War. If not, have Tony and Peter run into each other early in the movie, make it obvious Tony has some interest in Peter's intelligence, and then leave it be...

Until the end of the movie, when Tony gives Peter the classic Spider-Man outfit.
Woah... they could have the Science Trio! :0

Drod again like I have brought up. Since we don't have solo film script written or locked in yet. Any ideas thrown out now. Are 9 times out of 10 not what the finished film script will have.

Last edited:
Interviewer: Do you want Spider-Man to join the Avengers?

RDJ: I Do

Interviewer: Peter Parker or Miles Morales?

RDJ: Parker I'm old-school

Interviewer: Do you want Spider-Man to join the Avengers?

RDJ: I Do

Interviewer: Peter Parker or Miles Morales?

RDJ: Parker I'm old-school

Is this from an actual interview?

RDJ isn't old school. He's simply not out of his mind.

Maybe Iron Man could show up at the end as a mentor or coach to Peter Parker.

It could be as a humour coach, which would explain in-universe how Spidey gets his trademark quips, and then he would be able to show it off in the sequel, because in the first movie they might be absent as he's still developing. :o

Wait until the sequel. That's the motto around here on the Hype. :o

Maybe Iron Man could show up at the end as a mentor or coach to Peter Parker.

It could be as a humour coach, which would explain in-universe how Spidey gets his trademark quips, and then he would be able to show it off in the sequel, because in the first movie they might be absent as he's still developing. :o

Wait until the sequel. That's the motto around here on the Hype. :o

Thats perfect. Asa is the perfect humorless blank slate to make that happen. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"