Far From Home Do you think Sony will take Spider-Man out of the MCU after this movie?

SONY gets a bit of confidence and then this happens.

If Sony will resume Spiderman's situation post FFH in Spiderman 3 project, so it will be a Spiderman 3 from MCU, still lives in MCU (just Sony's creatives instead of Feige's tools) not a spidey out of MCU

If Sony will resume Spiderman's situation post FFH in Spiderman 3 project, so it will be a Spiderman 3 from MCU, still lives in MCU (just Sony's creatives instead of Feige's tools) not a spidey out of MCU
If they're not allowed to reference the MCU, he's out of the MCU. Also, no other MCU characters will ever be in a Spider-Man movie. How can you call that still being a part of the MCU?

THIS. Sounds like Sony has been planning this for years. They couldn’t get Marvel to let their Spider universe coexist with the MCU (for lower than 25% at least) so they were planning on breaking off the Spider-Man deal.

When it became public knowledge that the deal was for 5 movies yet Tom Holland had a 6 movie deal, even I speculated that this was Sony's ultimate endgame. Surely Disney figured this was possible as well. I like to think I'm a smart guy, but I think the people at Disney probably are more than capable having that same thought.

Well, the idea that Sony was always planning to bounce at some point isn't super surprising to me. The character was always on loan and there was never a given it would last forever. I hoped it would last longer than it did but, it was always a possibility one or both sides would walk.

The problem, is fandom convinced themselves that Spiderman belonged to Marvel/Disney and that Sony had no choice but to stick with the deal. From Sony's POV, After 5 MCU films, and an Oscar winning film and a hit Venom film, they think "we got this".

Yes, I know that makes fanboys mad when Spiderverse and Venom are brought up , but that's how Sony see's it. In their minds, they think a MCU-less Spiderman 3 and a Spiderman vs Venom film is money in the bank.

I think they've gotten a big head, and I think the road ahead is potentially more perilous then they realize, but alas , that's what they think.

But , as I've said before, studios, like people, learn from failure. Until the GA rejects their next offering in a big way , its full steam ahead, even if its toward an iceberg.

Whatever john campea said, if venom had tanked i think sony would have kept spidey in the mcu.

Whatever john campea said, if venom had tanked i think sony would have kept spidey in the mcu.

Oh yeah, I think so too. Venom and Spiderverse basically sped up the exit of Spiderman from the MCU . The deal was never gonna last forever.

At the same time though, I highly doubt Sony would have left had Disney been content with business as usual. Sony wanted to have its cake and eat it too.

They wanted Spiderman in the MCU without Disney having a finacing say ,while at the same time, having Holland's Spiderman play in the Venomverse. Best of both world's from their POV.

Once Disney wanted more of the pie ,Sony moved ahead with what they would eventually do anyway.

I was probably wrong in my answer to this question, so this situation deserves this

If they did intend to do it long before the announcement then cool for them I guess, even though they will lose money. I still want to know how this will affect Happy and May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"