Far From Home Do you think Sony will take Spider-Man out of the MCU after this movie?

I find it hilarious that once Sony makes a decent venom movie the last 11 yrs of ruining the brand mean nothing now. And Sony should just carry on and do what they are doing despite what happened last time. Before marvel Spider-Man was being out shined by the likes of rocket and groot that’s on Sony. Why trust them after making a decent venom movie that wasn’t anything spectacular? I’m still wary of them.

Yeah, I mean I love Venom and wish it all the success going forward, but I'm skeptical of all these projects (aside from the animations) going forward. If they turn out great I'll happily admit I'm wrong and embrace them, but Sony's track record in live action CBM's (not just Spidey) is checkered at best.

Plus I don’t like Avi arad. I don’t like how he thinks he needs to control Spider-Man of all characters. His ideas are awful and I would t be surprised if they told him to sit back and shut up while making venom so his stupid ideas don’t go crazy. But hey maybe he’s seen the error of his ways and said maybe we should keep things contained and simple moving forward

I beginning to think Sony never really wanted to renew the deal. Now there are different reports and folks can believe what they want to. I think the latest report of 25% being offered by Disney months ago in which Sony either declined or acted upon is closer to the truth. Sony thus, waiting til these past few days, are first to leak out their 50% claim in trying to not look like the 'bad guy' in all of it and maintain fan continuity as best they can.

Either way, it's their license and if their future Spidey films are of the quality of Venom, then I want no part of it.

Suppose Sony can rightfully call it Spider-verse now instead of Venom-verse, Sony-verse, Columbia pictures-verse or whatever the hell they called it before. Lol. .. Not a good sign tho when u haven't decided on the name of your thingamajig yet.

Suppose Sony can rightfully call it Spider-verse now instead of Venom-verse, Sony-verse, Columbia pictures-verse or whatever the hell they called it before. Lol. .. Not a good sign tho when u haven't decided on the name of your thingamajig yet.

So very, very Sony, though.

Reactions: m2k
There's still a lot of conversations to be had on this even if they don't extend. For example what can they use in the 3rd? Can they still mention Stark tech? If not, what about the suit? Does it have to go? What about E.D.I.T.H. or any other A.I. for that matter? How does he repair his image if they can't mention Mysterio's backstory at Stark Industries? Can they use the jointly developed characters like Michelle and Ned?

It's going to be tough to resolve given where the filmmakers left Pete at the end of FFH.

Option #2 is always start over with a soft reboot of a new Spider-man in Venom's world.

Peter aka *Piotr* wakes up from his dream of being with a bunch of other superheroes and traveling to space and becoming dusted. He also strangely dreamt that his Ladylove was named Michelle and that his secret identity became exposed. He finds all of these threads peculiar, but then goes about his usual day until the great Morbius appears in full Leto-ham fashion with a hand over his mouth carrying a smiley with vampire teeth and then our Sony driven expert Spider-Man 3 film begins!!

Peter aka *Piotr* wakes up from his dream of being with a bunch of other superheroes and traveling to space and becoming dusted. He also strangely dreamt that his Ladylove was named Michelle and that his secret identity became exposed. He finds all of these threads peculiar, but then goes about his usual day until the great Morbius appears in full Leto-ham fashion with a hand over his mouth carrying a smiley with vampire teeth and then our Sony driven expert Spider-Man 3 film begins!!

PETER: "It was so strange, Harry, my best friend was called 'Ned', even though he looked and acted just like Miles' friend Ganke, and MJ was named Michelle, and I got a new suit from Tony Stark.....although that part was sort of cool...."

HARRY: "What's a Tony Stark?"

PETER: "It was so strange, Harry, my best friend was called 'Ned', even though he looked and acted just like Miles' friend Ganke, and MJ was named Michelle, and I got a new suit from Tony Stark.....although that part was sort of cool...."

HARRY: "What's a Tony Stark?"

LMAO. This. The last dialog is so something Harry would say!

They will probably be so bold as to use the multiverse idea to make it a clean break as ridiculous as it sounds. He’ll be transported from the MCU into the Spider-verse where amazing adaptations of Venom, Woody Harrelson as Carnage and the great Morbius. This takes away all the need to dissect the character from the MCU.

What is somewhat comforting is that the writers from FFH are on board. If they can get Lord and Miller then there will be at least some respect to this project

What a mayhem
If Holland continues to play Spidey, hes still in MCU even if we dont see others MCU characters, like characters from Netflix, Hulu

I just want sequel of Far From Home and reactions to Peter's secret, hes now considered as criminal (no need Avengers characters)

I cant wait to see This man meeting Spidey in a future Sony backed prime prized quality-laden Spider-Man motion picture. It’s going to be ravishingly sexy!! Look at the quality of the Leto production and tell me you wouldn’t want to see the Morbius Spidey team up everyone has been waiting for.

upload_2019-8-27_21-12-25.jpeg

Morbius...the character so pivotal that I have to explain to the layman VERY SLOWLY who and what he is...and WHY he originated in a Spidey comic...and was then barely used for 20 years. So needed.

I like Venom as a "Guilty Pleasure" film that was "better than I thought it would be"...that doesn't make it "good"...nor do I want Tom's Spidey right there in it. Had Venom's origin been tied to Spidey, like it has been every other time in every other medium, then yeah...but there's no reason for Spidey and Venom to meet. Peter just decides to fly over to San Francisco to fight a superpowered killer while his identity has been outted? Or Carnage gets loose and just decides he can kill more people in a city where Spider-Man happens to be, as opposed to San Francisco, which is right out his window?

Nope.

Morbius could be a strong villain and/or antagonist, I think it's pretty encouraging for films to have villains and characters you probably wouldn't expect to see.

There's still a lot of conversations to be had on this even if they don't extend. For example what can they use in the 3rd? Can they still mention Stark tech? If not, what about the suit? Does it have to go? What about E.D.I.T.H. or any other A.I. for that matter? How does he repair his image if they can't mention Mysterio's backstory at Stark Industries? Can they use the jointly developed characters like Michelle and Ned?

It's going to be tough to resolve given where the filmmakers left Pete at the end of FFH.

Option #2 is always start over with a soft reboot of a new Spider-man in Venom's world.

It's actually not as challenging as alot of comic fans seem to think it is. If anything, Feige constructed the ending of SMFFH in such a way that they could have a less MCU heavy connected Spiderman film for three:

1) Stark is dead , so unless they were gonna have yet another film of Peter in the shadow of Ironman, there's really no need to mention him.

2) There was no means a promise that May would end up dating Happy long term, and if anything ,she seemed less into the idea of a serious relationship so there isn't a need to have him around either or mention him.

3) As far as all the stark tech goes, it would make sense that Peter would now have to cut ties with Stark industries , and have to now make his own suit, and stand on his own two feet, just at the point when the world is against him. That's very much in keeping with Peter Parker's bad luck.

4) They can still mention Mysterio without going into his backstory. I doubt his backstory would have been as important to a third film even with Marvel anyway given that the focus is will be on the villain ,or villains,of part 3, not the backstory of Mysterio from SMFFH.

5) Ned is a given, and they could probably use MJ/Michelle as well. If anything they could finally just declare that MJ is indeed Mary Jane, which the average filmgoer assumes anyway. Zendaya is not going anywhere. She's too popular outside of Spiderman for Sony to give up for the sake of Disney.

6) A soft reboot really isn't needed because its basically just comic fans who are hung up on the continuity between Holland's Spiderman and Hardy's Venom. Venom, fair or not, was popular among the GA , and the GA really won't question the two of them being together and the continuity with Homecoming and Far From Home.

7) You also have to factor into all of this when the next film takes place, i.e. how far in the future. Will its be TLJ style and begin a minute after the end of SMFFH , or will it be months later , will the film begin with the i.d. reveal then jump several months into the future.

The issue really is whether Sony can execute it right and whether fans can really except that Spiderman is no longer part of the MCU . The GA will go along with it assuming its good.

Thing that if Spidey Holland goes to Sony-darkverse and has his fugitive statut following events from FFH, Venom/Morbius and cie are part of MCU!

-Spider-Holland Sony would be like DD and Netflix characters , they are part of MCU but no mentions of Avengers or names of characters from movies
-Venom/Morbius exist in MCU because Spider-Holland lives in their world!

So pretty much an 'adjunct' universe to the MCU like they planned all along? And here we thought Pascal was out of her mind. Lol.

This going to blow up in Sony face, all we have to do is sit back and watch.

Well, If it blows up in Sony's faces, it'll blow up in fandom's faces as well, cause rest assured, if the next film tanks , Spiderman is gonna get another Sony reboot with a new Peter Parker and no MCU connection.

I've already seen several fans suggest it should be rebooted now anyway, but if Sony does blow it, that will be a certain outcome.

It was said Holland will play Spidey again.

-If Sony includes Spider-holland in Sony darkspin-off, so Venom/Morbius universe is connected to MCU, like Netflix/Hulu/Freeform series
=Spiderman 3, Venom/Morbius --> live in MCU

-Or Sony produces Spiderman 3 sequel of FFH not in Venom universe but still connected to MCU but no Avengers named like Netflix/Hulu series
=only Spiderman 3 --> lives in MCU

-Or Spiderman is rebooted with Holland reprising his role, same case of J.Jameson in FFH

Last edited:
Well, If it blows up in Sony's faces, it'll blow up in fandom's faces as well, cause rest assured, if the next film tanks , Spiderman is gonna get another Sony reboot with a new Peter Parker and no MCU connection.

I've already seen several fans suggest it should be rebooted now anyway, but if Sony does blow it, that will be a certain outcome.

Fandom will somehow find a way to survive, just like Amazing Spider-Man films, Batman v Superman, Justice League, etc.

Or Sony will shelve the property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"