Rumoured New X Men Cartoon

Discussion in 'X-World' started by Hawkingbird, Jun 14, 2012.

1. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Meh. Storys not too good and it can be pretty boring. Too much focus on Armor for me. I liked the version on Emma Frost alot though. Rest of the team doing what they always do. Has some good moments but nothing new.

2. Artistsean

Artistsean Monkey Boy

I would like to see the show like this (some ideas are flexible) have the show take place about 5-10 years after the X-Men First Class movie. The Cartoon show would take place in the 60s or 70s. Be bright and colorful and a period piece cartoon. The characters in the movie would return for the show but also added would be the original members who were left out, Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, and Warren. To show that its based off the movie but not exactly the same there could be some small changes to let the viewers know its clearly not. Things like Xavier being Bald and Moira being a Scottish Scientist, or Beast looking more human than he did in the movie. Also I think Storm should be added as well.
    But other things would still be the same as the movie, like Mystique being a former friend and having mixed feelings about being in the Brotherhood, or Magneto's costume.
    The show would be very 60s and 70s. They would face Sentinels (who at first would just be 10 foot tall robots.), Magneto and his brotherhood, the Hellfire Club (who would be altered somewhat to make the kid friendly, Mesmero, etc.
    It would have the same tone as the movie, a more mysterious and sci fi vibe to the whole mutant thing.

3. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

do you think we could get an updated on Comic con?

4. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I hope its the cartoon adaptation of Ultimate X-Men or the X-Men movies.

5. Jordacar

Jordacar The Endless One

Please no.

6. Cherry

Cherry Well-Known Member

I really, really hope so. We're due for a new X-Men cartoon.

7. Jordacar

Jordacar The Endless One

I'm really excited about this even though I have no idea what to expect. We've gotten 3 X-toons, each quite different but all of them good to great.

8. joshtylen

joshtylen phoenix rising

With the announcement of the original x-men coming to the present I could see this happening. DC has Young Justice and Marvel could have young x-men with the original lineup.

9. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

so no news on this yet?

:(

10. Lord

Lord All Mighty

I would actually like to see something new, i loved X-Men: Evolution for being original and taking the best from each incarnation of the characters. I never grew too atached to Wolverine and the X-Men, this time i would like something new, each X-Men show until now brought something new so for me one of these 3 options would be the best:
    1-Make it based on Ultimate X-Men, could be very interesting to see an actually evil Magneto.
    2-Make it set in the same universe as the movies, Artistsean's idea was quite good in my opinion.
    3-Use the original 5 characters, none of the show until now started with the original first class: Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel and Iceman.

If Marvel is indeed trying to make their own shared universe with their shows then the 1st and 3rd options would be the best way to go, i do hope they create a shared universe.

11. Gale

Gale F&G already run this town

Wasn't a fan of Wolverine & The X-Men, but hopefully this time it'll be different.

12. psylockolussus

I hope they include Psylocke, Colossus and Angel in the regular cast!

13. RomyFan

RomyFan Well-Known Member

They better freaking include Rogue and Gambit!!!!

It'd be awesome to have another cartoon. After all, what first got me into X-Men when I was about 12 years old, was The Animated Series. Gosh, I'd watch it every day and even write little reviews of each episode in my diary/journal/notebook thing. Good times.

14. NJCaliboi

NJCaliboi Well-Known Member

Still no word or updates on a new cartoon although I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I echo the sentiments of others in this forum that the 90's cartoon will be the one that all future x-men animated projects will be judged by.

I saw this online and thought it was pretty bad ass and it brought back tons of good memories. (It's the 90's intro with stop motion):

[YT]GYPEgZ-nD6U[/YT]

15. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Still has a better theme then any of the movies.

16. Lord

Lord All Mighty

I remember the first film having a theme similar to the 90s cartoon, either way i hope they follow the example of 1992 X-Men and X-Men Evolution, by taking a healthy dose of comic material but being original too.

17. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Ive thought all the ongoing animated shows have been pretty solid actually. WATX was awesome. As long as its not the X Men equivalent of The Animated Ultimate Spider-Man, Ill be happy.

18. psylockolussus

They should do a X-Men videogame too!

Its been a long time since X-Men Legends II.

19. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I want to see more games! Looking forward to see who shows up in Deadpool. Was even more sold when Betsy showed up in the trailer.:up:

20. usagicassidy

usagicassidy Well-Known Member

It's interesting how highly regarded the 90's TAS was. And I mean I grew up on it. I loved it. It has nostalgic value to me.

But what I find much more rewarding are stories that grow and evolve and develop and have lingering threads and things that payoff. Besides a couple major multiple-episode events (I'm looking at you (Dark/)Phoenix Saga), every episode of X-Men can act as a standalone.

Wolverine and the X-Men, as well as the last 2 seasons of Evolution, we incredible shows and fun to watch, because there was something at stake, there was something happening, there was an almost-constant building to big events. Besides the Wolverine solo episodes, WatXM is in my opinion one of the best animated series ever.

My hope would be to have an animated series that's almost a fusion of all 3 - but I'd rather have it stay closest to WatXM (and Avengers EMH) than someone nonlinear and nonepisodic like X-Men TAS (or Ultimate Spiderman)

21. psylockolussus

Domino is also in the Deadpool movie.

I hope they make a tie-in videogame for X-Men: Days of Future Past.

22. Phoenix_Flare

Phoenix_Flare Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a X-men cartoon similar to EMH, where you have them or some of the team team up with X-factor, or the young mutants and have feature characters like Psylock, Angel, etc guest star for several episodes...basically the roster of the team is changing depening on the epi. that way every one's fav character will get their own epi and focus...

23. Lord

Lord All Mighty

Never was a big fan of Wolverine and the X-Men, i allways prefered 90s X-Men and X-Men: Evolution

24. The_Shadow

The_Shadow Well-Known Member

Any updates on this?

I wouldn't mind a line up along the lines of:

-Prof X
    -Cyclops
    -Jean
    -Rogue
    -Kitty
    -Gambit
    -Colussus
    -Psylocke
    -Beast

Then in the smaller roles:
    -Wolverine(in small parts, but he's the money maker so he'll be in)
    -Iceman
    -Forge
    -1 or 2 of the new X-men
    -Plus cameos from many others.

For the bad guys
    -Sinister is a must, he hasn't been featured much in the cartoons.
    -Magneto, either has a small role, or straight up evil bad mofo.
    -Sentinels

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  25. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

which network or company is developing this?