World Rumoured New X Men Cartoon

Putting them in public school was dumb. What was the point of the private academy they went to and lived at then? No one thinks it's strange that a bunch of kids live in a private academy yet attend public school?

The lack of mutant knowledge never bothered me. I liked that. It was a slow rolling out process of hysteria and mistrust. I also really liked the whole "This group is the X-Men" and "This group is the New Mutants" thing. It was nice seeing them introduce newer students to the academy.

Robert Kelly being their principal though was just... UGH. Same with Mystique being their principal.

The first season and a half is painful. It's very kiddie. Once the show got darker and more complex, it really grew into something much stronger. The last season, however brief, is just across the board some great work. That last season is a show where everything is finally working, and working at the top of its game.

The problem with X-Men: Evolution is that for a long period of time it completely missed the point of what attracted so many to the comics in the first place. Replacing the social commentary with brainless episodes in which one member of the X-Men and one member of the Brotherhood would be introduced simultaneously and fight it out.

Yeah, have a hard time seeing what was bad about it. It was beautifully animated, fantastically voice cast, had adult themes, a great season-long storyline, and was incredibly well balanced.

What's not to like?

It was very "cartoony". Hated the character designs. Example, tall Wolverine with a tiny head, broad shoulders, popeye arms, and pencil legs.

Wolverine isn't the leader of the X-Men. People complain about too much focus on the character in the films and then they eat up garbage like this.

For me, Wolverine and the X-Men is still the best X-cartoon we've had, and I'm so frustrated Disney/Marvel just canned Season 2, which was already starting production. We would have seen Psylocke and Colossus play major roles, and had an entire Age of Apocalypse saga (more Blink!).

WatXM's portrayal of Nightcrawler, Emma, Quicksilver, Angel, and Wanda are possibly the best we will likely ever get in an x-cartoon. And even though Wolverine was the focus, there were only TWO throwaway episodes (Hulk and Ninjas), the rest all built up to an incredible saga, involving Genosha, Days of Future Past, Sentinal Programs, Human vs Mutant vs Mutant, and Phoenix.

I did also love seasons 3 and 4 of Evolution. Season 1 was terrible. But season 2 did really start to kick it up a notch. The inclusion of the new recruits was wonderful, and episodes like On Angels Wings hinted at the more complex and darker sides of Evolution to be explored. Season 4, however short it was, made up for it in incredible content. And STILL no official DVD/bluray release.

X-Men TAS will always have a special place in my heart, but as I'm rewatching the show, I'm finding myself skipping over more and more episodes. Obviously Seasons 3 and 4 were epic, featuring long spanning sagas like (Dark) Phoenix and Beyond Good And Evil, but it just still feels a little stale in this day and age.

I dont see how anyone can say anything negative about the 90's, the voices were amazing yes! Storm,Rogue,Cyclops,Wolverine,Xavier,Beast,Jean were spot on. Of course it dosent look the best compared to now but that was the Original kinda and it was awesome, nothing can top IMO and I also liked Evoultion after the first couple seasons it picked up. I saw one Episode of Wolverine and the Xmen and I just didnt like it,maybe the title was just misleading to me.

XTAS had great characterization. It was mature for a Saturday morning cartoon. It adapted stories straight from the comic and in some ways improved on the original stories. It had great original stories.

I loved the character designs and animation. The designs w

ere based on the current look in the comics at the time. It also had dirty/gritty look. The show is over 20 years old now. I'd like to see if anyone even remembers Wolverine and the X-Men in 20 years, let alone how the animation and designs stand up.

I dont see how anyone can say anything negative about the 90's, the voices were amazing yes! Storm,Rogue,Cyclops,Wolverine,Xavier,Beast,Jean were spot on. Of course it dosent look the best compared to now but that was the Original kinda and it was awesome, nothing can top IMO and I also liked Evoultion after the first couple seasons it picked up. I saw one Episode of Wolverine and the Xmen and I just didnt like it,maybe the title was just misleading to me.

The animation isn't just terrible now. It was terrible for the 90's. Just cheap and lazy.

The voice acting wasn't that great either. It's what we grew up on and what most of us are used to, so we hold them to a higher standard, but they were all caricatures of their comic book selves, and the voice acting was well beyond over dramatic.

What is so bad about the animation and voice acting of X-Men the animated series? X-Men the animated series raised the bar for Saturday morning cartoons. Did you actually grow up and watch cartoons in the 90s? The only show that I could think of that might beat X-Men is Batman: The Animated Series.

As for being caricatures, have you read the old comics? There is some really cheesy dialogue in those older X-books. The dialogue and story telling was way better in the animated series.

What is so bad about the animation and voice acting of X-Men the animated series? X-Men the animated series raised the bar for Saturday morning cartoons. Did you actually grow up and watch cartoons in the 90s? The only show that I could think of that might beat X-Men is Batman: The Animated Series.

As for being caricatures, have you read the old comics? There is some really cheesy dialogue in those older X-books. The dialogue and story telling was way better in the animated series.

You just answered your question. Batman. Everything about that show makes XTAS look like a joke. The animation was gorgeous and current for its time. The voice acting fits right in with the quality you would get today.

The animation isn't just terrible now. It was terrible for the 90's. Just cheap and lazy.

The voice acting wasn't that great either. It's what we grew up on and what most of us are used to, so we hold them to a higher standard, but they were all caricatures of their comic book selves, and the voice acting was well beyond over dramatic.
Not this. :down:

This. :up:
:oldrazz:

Nostalgia and rose tinted glasses are amazing things. :p

Its not about nostalgia, I haven't seen all of the episodes of TAS until last year. The stories of TAS are just much better than the stories of Evolution and WATX.

Its not about nostalgia, I haven't seen all of the episodes of TAS until last year. The stories of TAS are just much better than the stories of Evolution and WATX.

I agree with JP.wolverine and the X_Men had better stories.

After dark phoenix sage X_Men became too much a bunch of indivual episodes It didn't matter In what order they were seen.

WOlverine and the X-Men and spectular spider-man are far superior to X-men and spider-man from 1990's.

The best superhero shows remain Batman the animated series,superman the animated series,and justice league/Justice league unlimited.

Sorry but having a 2 part DoFP storyline where Bishop screams ASSASSIN over and over again is not good storytelling.

Sorry but having a 2 part DoFP storyline where Bishop screams ASSASSIN over and over again is not good storytelling.

The show had its problems - lord knows consistent animation and non-melodramatic voice acting chief among them - but, by and large, it DID have some spectacular and mature writing for a Saturday morning cartoon. Especially when you compare it to Spider-Man from the same era.

Lords knows it had it's problems, all three of them have and X-Men still has yet to get a singular cartoon entity as great as BTAS, but it could and did tackle many story lines with surprising depth and maturity.

Your right.Plus it got people who didn't knew comics well think Bishop Is consently time traveling.

If you go back and watch It magneto was hardly a villain.except ofr his first 2
episodes in seasons 1,working with apocalypse in 4 part beyond good and evil
during season 4 and series finale.

When you go back and watch some of it haven't aged well.

If you go back and watch It magneto was hardly a villain.
Just like the comics, no?

That's the biggest problem I have with many of the other X-Men shows. They break the characters down to a few essential personalty traits and never develop them much beyond that. X-Men managed to really develop a lot of the characters in very complicated ways.

We saw Magneto the victim, villain, father, friend, savior, messianic figure and home-grown terrorist. Sure, the voice acting was sometimes atrocious and he flew off-model quite often, but it was a well-developed figure as complicated and diverse as his comic book counterpart.

Your right.Plus it got people who didn't knew comics well think Bishop Is consently time traveling.

If you go back and watch It magneto was hardly a villain.except ofr his first 2
episodes in seasons 1,working with apocalypse in 4 part beyond good and evil
during season 4 and series finale.

When you go back and watch some of it haven't aged well.

It was an adaption. Bishop was among the many guest appearances. Since he wasn't going to join the main roster it better served the story to have him return back to his time.

X-Men was never a series where the heros would fight villain "X" every episode. Go back through your back issues and see how many times the X-Men actually fought Magneto between the Phoenix Saga and the debut of X-Men the animated series. The number is going to be pretty low.

If you look at Mr. Sinister he really only appeared in Inferno prior to the animated series. Apocalypse: his first appearance, the 4 horseman, and then the story line where he kidnaps nathan christopher. Apocalypse didn't even encountered the "X-Men" before the animated series. Yet if you were to ask around I bet many people would say that Apocalypse is their favorite X-Men villain and they probably don't even read comics let alone the original X-Factor run.

The show had its problems - lord knows consistent animation and non-melodramatic voice acting chief among them - but, by and large, it DID have some spectacular and mature writing for a Saturday morning cartoon. Especially when you compare it to Spider-Man from the same era.

Lords knows it had it's problems, all three of them have and X-Men still has yet to get a singular cartoon entity as great as BTAS, but it could and did tackle many story lines with surprising depth and maturity.

Agreed! :woot:

Nostalgia and rose tinted glasses are amazing things. :p

Hahaha right? Don't worry. I got your back. Still re-watching all of TAS, but doing it when I go to bed, so I can just fall asleep rather than have to really watch it. About half the episodes I can't even bare. Yes, there are episodes like Cold Comfort, but those are few and far between.

Marvel has yet to make a show as great as BTAS for any of their properties. So we take what we can get at this point and just hope for the best.

^^The closest thing to that is still X-Men TAS:word:

In my opinion, the reason XTAS is comparable in scope to BTAS (and the reason that it falters) is because both took a format that most fans no longer want - the separate episode/separate story idea. Yes, there were 2- or 4-parters in XTAS but mostly the episodes are self contained. Yes, the series references events or certain characters/villains over multiple seasons, but the show as a whole never really "builds" to something.

WATXM and the latter half of Evolution all were constantly creating threads, putting things in motion, building to events and stories. Much like Avengers EMH did. Now we get a piss poor version in its place called Avengers Assemble and is much like XTAS and BTAS in that episodes are pretty self contained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"