World I Miss X-men Evolution!!!!!

I reckon they could have easily made Wolverine & The X-Men a sequel series to Evolution.

That would have rocked my socks. Still, no complaints here.

I also can't complain. I'm just happy that we finally get another X-Men cartoon. It may not be a sequel to Evolution, but it still got the same creative team behind it and that's enough for me.

Haaay.... If only there was a bill or something that will bring back Evo. I mean that was the coolest cartoon ever! The animation was superb...The characters look awesome... The storylines were exciting... It was so contemporary that we can amost relate to it... And I just don't get it. For a successful cartoon like Evo. Why cancel it?! I believe this franchise has a huge following that in one way or another we can bring Evo back!

Even if they hadn't gone the "future" route, there were still storylines left to follow. Legion was still out there, Gatorade realized they had mutant poison on their hands and the school got all it's students back and more!

Yea I was wondering what happened to Legion.

Wolverine and the X-Men is such an unofficial continuation of X: Evo...

Sad its not an official one...then they could reference stories from Evo....

That said, I love it when they jump to "a few years later"....

I loved X-men evolution. The only problem I had with it was that it showed scot and jean as younf highschool students. I was fine with kitty, rogue and that crowd to be young but i would of rather seen scott and jean a little older than they were in evolution.

I have all the episodes on DVD, and I understand what you're saying Nightcrawler, but it seemed that the show's creators were trying to make Jean and Scott teachers at the institute in season 4 (watch Target X, especially).

It was always apparent to me that Jean and Scott were held in higher regard and would stay on the show as a bridge between the younger students and the teachers.

One episode that comes to mind is Shadowed Past, where Kurt learns that Mystique his is mother. At the episode's end, Professor Xavier is explaining the situation to Logan, Scott, and Jean. This shows that those two were always sort of in training to become full fledged teachers.

I have all the episodes on DVD, and I understand what you're saying Nightcrawler, but it seemed that the show's creators were trying to make Jean and Scott teachers at the institute in season 4 (watch Target X, especially).

It was always apparent to me that Jean and Scott were held in higher regard and would stay on the show as a bridge between the younger students and the teachers.

One episode that comes to mind is Shadowed Past, where Kurt learns that Mystique his is mother. At the episode's end, Professor Xavier is explaining the situation to Logan, Scott, and Jean. This shows that those two were always sort of in training to become full fledged teachers.
Yea, It just dint mix well for me having Scott and Jean that young, it was like the only adult figures were Storm and Professor Xavier.

It was an amazing show though, a really great episode is when when Rouge joins the x-men. That scene with her at scott's side is very well done.

I would've wanted Scott & Jean as adults as well. Ideally, those two, Logan & Xavier would have been the teachers. Students would have been Ororo, Kitty, Rogue, Kurt, Colossus and SunsPot. The last one's a bit of an odd choice, yeah but between the flying, strength, heat/light/blasting powers he could hold his own as a character though he was never really given a chance to shine (pun?) as a new recruit. Plus, hey, a Latino superhero!

I would've wanted Scott & Jean as adults as well. Ideally, those two, Logan & Xavier would have been the teachers. Students would have been Ororo, Kitty, Rogue, Kurt, Colossus and SunsPot. The last one's a bit of an odd choice, yeah but between the flying, strength, heat/light/blasting powers he could hold his own as a character though he was never really given a chance to shine (pun?) as a new recruit. Plus, hey, a Latino superhero!
im with you till you said Ororo should of been a student, Storm is like the mother of the x-men in my eye.

Well, i guess this is what we would have gotten if they had had a season five.
7516-rogue_400.JPG

You say that like that would have been a bad thing.

I thought the show as awesome. One aspect that made it so awesome was the music. Magneto's theme pretty much made him the awesome badass he was in the show.

Rogue was by far my favorite character and I don't think she was overexposed at the end. Every character in Evo got a lot of development and I liked that.

yeah I agre it was a great cartoon and I'm glad they at least showed a glimpse of the future.

At the end of the trailer for the new cartoon...

When Wolverine is saying the "world needs X-Men" who is that man in the background with the mustache and beard? I've rewatched the trailer several times but I can't figure it out.

Does anybody know where I can get a picture of the future versions of the xmen that they showes on ythe end of the last episode of xmen evolution

Warner Brothers needs to release all four seasons on DVD now.

Wow this thread is old.

I'm one of Evo's biggest fans and still am. I miss this show probably more then I've missed almost any other show, but I didn't realize how much until I dragged out the the dvd's and started watching them. Oh, sure, I've been drawing fan-art for it since it was cancelled, but when you watch it over again, you realized how freaking awesome it was.

Now I'm writing fan-fiction again. Silly fan-fiction, *coughselfinsertcough* but nonetheless I'm trying to stay true to the charm and "feel" of the show so that when I post it it will be well recieved.

It was a double-edged sword on Sunday when I saw the new X-Men cartoon for the first time. On the one hand I was all 'Yay!It's an X-Men cartoon on tv again!', but on the other hand I was like 'Hey, this isn't Evo! Evo is being replaced! OMG, I'm cheating on Evo!'

Heheh. Okay, you can't "cheat" on a cartoon, but after following Evo for almost it's intire run (I came in when the second season started after seeing season 1 reruns) and still loving it years after it's cancellation, it's hard not to feel like you're being a little disloyal. Like betraying an old, old friend or something.

I felt that the new cartoon lacked all the love and care Evo had put into it. Something felt majorly missing. I guess it was in part thanks to the wierd character designs where all the characters looked the same but with different hair. (I noticed Rogue and Dominoe had the same nose. Wha-??) Like one of those cheap cartoons that gets churned out to just earned money, like, oh, Totally Spies. The storyline was good, but it just didn't feel right. Unfamiliar in a way. It wasn't "my" X-men. It wasn't "home".

Okay, that probably doesn't make a lot of sense does it? Or does it?
Anyway, I'm still waiting for the fourth season to come out. Maybe with this release of
the 90's cartoon, we'll finally get it.

Oh, and I have very obsessive monster-crush on Evo Gambit. (It's that beautiful voice.)
Heheheh.

Heheheh.

I am watching Mindbender right now and I let out a shriek when the Mesmero jack-in-the-box popped up. My poor parents wondered what I was screaming about, so I had to go and say I was alright and explain it, all the while giggling and blushing, embarrassed.
Even if I know it's coming every time it still scares me.

Plus those giant clowns were hecka scary! Especially seeing them up close while watching the dvd on my computer. I love that episode!

I'll be happy if they finally release the last season...

I would be too, but the S1 and 2 releases were just awful. I mean, they were just the four DVDs, shrink-wrapped together. I think Warner Bros. can do better than that. Look at what they've done with the DCAU stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"