Sabretooth Conundrum

I voted that they make him change, but only under the following conditions:
  • They make sure they do Creed very good justice before they make him change (i.e. in sequels, etc)
  • They don't stretch the reasoning too far

If they can't do it without good reasoning, I'd vote for them to ignore the whole continuity thing completely. Better have one good movie with one good Creed than have his character's truthfulness doubted because of some stupid twist at the end.

Actually, the son thing is kind of growing on me. Just don't have it be Graydon, because I like him too much for that.

We'll say Sabes knocked up a woman who drank while pregnant. That will totally explain things.

wolverine does cut his goddam head off, when it regrows his brain is never as it was, instead more feral and he has lost his memory

I chose other for this, and my idea for it is similar to yours but I'm drawing directly from the comic source more, which I've quoted before. At the end of the Legion Quest storyline where the M'Kraan Crystal was crystallising Earth 616, Wolverine and Sabretooth had what they thought was their last battle royale, Wolverine spiked Sabretooth right through the brain. When everything turned back to normal following AoA, Sabretooth was left little more than an infantised vegetable.

Cut his head off or pierce his head, either way works for me.

Yeah. Or that they can say Sabretooth is a clone off Creed. It makes sense that Stryker would clone their DNA. I could accept that.

This isn't Star Wars, I'm just not down with the whole cloning thing.

I'd pretty much prefer it to be 2 different characters, Victor Creed AND Sabretooth, instead of Victor Creed aka Sabretooth.

I chose other for this, and my idea for it is similar to yours but I'm drawing directly from the comic source more, which I've quoted before. At the end of the Legion Quest storyline where the M'Kraan Crystal was crystallising Earth 616, Wolverine and Sabretooth had what they thought was their last battle royale, Wolverine spiked Sabretooth right through the brain. When everything turned back to normal following AoA, Sabretooth was left little more than an infantised vegetable.

Cut his head off or pierce his head, either way works for me.

But he has a rapid healing factor, so wouldn't he just recover?

But he has a rapid healing factor, so wouldn't he just recover?

Eventually he did, but he was pretty ******ed for a good while following. Boom Boom from X-Force actually spoon fed him. Sabes kinda became like a kitten.

So if they do this, or cut his head off (which supposedly will kill him completely so far as I know, they just recently had wolverine cut his head off completely in the comics + Xavier worked it out that to kill Wolverine required beheading), they could tinker with the level of his regenerative capabilities. I'd prefer the brain spiking and a level of secondary mutation to explain the difference.

My favorite idea at the moment would be that Sabertooth basically becomes more of a mindless beast at the end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, whether it be brain damage from having his head cut off by Wolverine or experimentation from Stryker or whatever. Pick any decent reason for him losing his brain cells.

If they bring Sabretooth back in a Wolverine film that would take place after the X-Men films, they can explain it with either his healing factor finally repiecing his mind together or maybe through the help of another person. I'm reminded of the X-Men Animated Series where Professor X took in Sabretooth and tried to help him while Wolverine warned him that he was just a creep. Professor X used the logic that he was able to help Wolverine and that he could help Sabretooth as well, but it just turned out that Sabretooth was just a bad guy at the end. I think a decent idea in the movies would be for Professor X to refragment the broken psyche of bestial Sabretooth only to find the cruel and cunning Sabretooth underneath. Unfortunately, that can't really be done now considering the events of X-3, but maybe some other psychic might be eligible to take Professor X's role. If they bring back Liev, they'd also probably have to give him a wig and stuff. At least until he shaves his hair when he regains his old personality.

Last edited:
They could use his brother or somehow bring Professor X back to life.

I like that idea.

I'm not sure how I feel about Sabretooth turning into (visually) the way he was in X1, however, as I said before, I wouldn't mind him looking a bit more like his comic counterpart, but more normal looking, like he looked in Wolverine ish. 10

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/wolverine/10-1.jpg

That's manageable, you don't even have to have him have blond hair, Liev could just grow his out a bit.

I'm not sure how I feel about Sabretooth turning into (visually) the way he was in X1, however, as I said before, I wouldn't mind him looking a bit more like his comic counterpart, but more normal looking, like he looked in Wolverine ish. 10

I only suggested he wear a wig to maintain some level of continuity, with the hairy look being an after effect of Sabretooth becoming more of an animal (I figured a more bestial guy would not care as much for proper grooming). After he would return to his pre-X1 state he would probably get a haircut and shave to look more like he did in XO:W or like a whole new appearance entirely.

I wouldn't mind that much if they left that part out though. I only suggested it since I was trying to envision the smoothest continuity possible with the two current versions of Sabretooth.

Simplest solution? Memory loss. Its been suggested before. Explains both Wolvie and Creed's lack of acknowledging each other in X1, and Sabretooth's change of character.

I'm surprised by how many people chose the 'ignore it' option. I voted for that as well, but I thought I'd be the only one who doesn't mind discontinuity.
Basically, I think the previous X-Men movies and Wolverine are far enough apart to ignore it, anyway.

Liev's Sabretooth looks almost identical to the Sabretooth that appeared toward the end of Deadpool's first solo run. I think he looks perfect. Let's just forget Manes version.

I'm in favor of the continued or secondary mutation. The Sabertooth from the Wolverine movie is going to be presented as being more feral than Logan, as evidenced by the fact that he drops to all fours like a dog to charge at Logan duruing one of the fight scenes in the trailer.
IMO, that is where they are going with it.

For continuity sake, he changes over the years being out in the wilderness all alone...Sabretooth becomes more of an animal. Like I have said before, the comparison between Logan and Victor is quite ironic in that Logan is trying to control his animalistic side while Victor embraces it and all of Wolverine's enemies taunt him about that, about being controlled. But as someone above said, the memory loss angle can easily do that:o Wolverine lost his identity as the program dissolved so why not Sabretooth? Wouldn't Stryker want all knowledge of such a thing gone to protect himself?

That or just screw continuity because these are their own set of films.

Tyler Mane was, to put it very nicely, a case of extremely poor casting. I have no problem forgetting he ever existed.

I'm in favor of the continued or secondary mutation. The Sabertooth from the Wolverine movie is going to be presented as being more feral than Logan, as evidenced by the fact that he drops to all fours like a dog to charge at Logan duruing one of the fight scenes in the trailer.
IMO, that is where they are going with it.

You're going in circles.

Liev's Creed is acting more feral in this film, yet you feel the Mane Creed was a step forward from that???

Mane could barely move. He was a Sasquatch/Wendigo creature, always standing on two feet.

Liev is a leaping beast, with ten times the agility of Mane's Yeti.

It literally makes no sense for him to become Mane at this point, considering that they can't even justify lack of brain. They would have to justify lack of feral skill too.

You're going in circles.

Liev's Creed is acting more feral in this film, yet you feel the Mane Creed was a step forward from that???

Mane could barely move. He was a Sasquatch/Wendigo creature, always standing on two feet.

It literally makes no sense for him to become Mane at this point, considering that they can't even justify lack of brain. They would have to justify lack of feral skill too.

Definitely. The fight in X1 showed that that Sabretooth wasn't exactly quick. He was strong as hell, but that's about it. Liev's Sabretooth is fast and agile.

I only suggested he wear a wig to maintain some level of continuity, with the hairy look being an after effect of Sabretooth becoming more of an animal (I figured a more bestial guy would not care as much for proper grooming). After he would return to his pre-X1 state he would probably get a haircut and shave to look more like he did in XO:W or like a whole new appearance entirely.

I wouldn't mind that much if they left that part out though. I only suggested it since I was trying to envision the smoothest continuity possible with the two current versions of Sabretooth.

I just wouldn't mind it to make him look a bit more like his comic counterpart. And not much, just longer hair and Liev bulked up a bit more. It doesn't have to be too drastic.

Mane's Sabretooth did have heightened agility evading Scott's optic blast in Canada during Logan and Rogue's rescue, by jumping a fairly considerable height into the trees. The stunt might have looked a little hokey but that's beside the point.

Maybe before X1, Sabertooth ate human meat in Canadian woods and became Wendigo. :woot:

You're going in circles.

I didn't make myself clear.
I meant that Creed will be presented as always being more feral than Logan. Being feral constitutes more than just walking on all fours. Creed has the longer canine teeth, longer fingernails, etc.
Logan is presented as a person who keeps it all in check other than his berserker rages, while Creed is not.
Besides, we don't know what is done with Creed and Logan. Vastly different things could have been done with them at the Weapon X headquarters.

Besides, are you saying that Mane, a former professional athelete, isn't as agile as Schrieber (I know I butchered that)?
Mane could have easily been more animalistic if he needed to. Don't forget, the actors only do what is on the script. Schrieber only does his stuff thanks to CGI and wirework. I'm not knocking the guy, but don't knock Mane for just doing what he was told.

Last edited:
If... Wolverine has a memory wipe.. whats stopping Creed from having one? Sucks I know, but still.

Aw heck, let's just have freaking Magneto show up digitally younger as in X-3 and recruit him for some "Higher purpose."

I don't know. Whichever though -- no clones. For the love of all that is sacred in this world... no clones.

I think they should be two different characters.

Victor Creed= Dog Logan, who has the comic Sabretooth's personaltiy, cruelty and fighting ability.

Sabretooth= Magneto's thug who's only likeness to his comic counterpart is his name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"