Apocalypse Mystique the Mother

Dude of Steel

Civilian
Reaction score
Is it time to finally acknowledge "Mystique the Mother"? Especially since she's the Mom of important characters? She gave birth to Nightcrawler, who was already introduced in the series. She also had an affair with Sabretooth and they had a son together, which of course makes Wolverine an uncle. This could be a good way to re-introduce Sabretooth into the series and give Wolverine some emotional/personal conflict. And, Mystique adopted Rogue. Since Apocalypse takes place in the 1980's, this is when she was born, and a way to re-introduce the character.

I want to see Mystique and Nightcrawler's connection acknowledged. The other connections aren't important to me.

I wonder if when Erik got imprisoned, that's when Raven became close with Azazel? It's also possible Azazel died not knowing he was a father.

Yes! This is what I definitely want to see.

And I hope to see Liev Schreiber back as Sabretooth.

I wonder if when Erik got imprisoned, that's when Raven became close with Azazel? It's also possible Azazel died not knowing he was a father.

Yep. I'm thinking she slept with Azazel before he died.

I don't think so.

Didn't DOFP just hint that Magneto/Mystique were a thing before Magneto went to prison? Just with Magneto's line to Mystique "Its been a long time since we've been this close".

How long was Magneto in prison though? She always could have slept with Azazel later on and became a mother etc.

It would be a fascinating direction to take the character in. I agree with psylockolussus though. Now we know what happened to Azazel it gets tricky.

Still, if what happened to him was the beginning of weapon x it might be interesting to show that that is why Stryker focused so much on nightcrawler in the first place

While you can never be sure I think they may acknowledging or hint that she is his mother

I think its likely they will say they had something for a short time during 1963 and she got pregnant, it would be nice for have a small flashback to maybe the day she gave him up and azazel was killed in apocalypse but that's very doubtful

Since a relationship or connection between Mystique and Azazel has never been acknowledged, but rather one between her and Magneto has, I wouldn't be shocked if Fox changed it to make Magneto Nightcrawler's father. I mean, it wouldn't work as well because Magneto doesn't have teleportation powers but it makes sense in the context of the movies

Hopefully that's what happened.But TPTB have had little to no interest in Nightcrawler for whatever reason,much less tying him to Mystique:shrug:.

Actuly they have said they would like to Include nighcrawler In APocalypse.

Didn't DOFP just hint that Magneto/Mystique were a thing before Magneto went to prison?

Magneto was in prison for assassinating President Kennedy, so one can assume he has been locked up since the 1960's. That's enough time for Mystique and Azazel to hook up.

If she slept with Azazel, then where is the baby/child in DOFP?

She abandoned him in Germany.

I wouldn't be shocked if Fox changed it to make Magneto Nightcrawler's father. I mean, it wouldn't work as well because Magneto doesn't have teleportation powers but it makes sense in the context of the movies

Quicksilver has super speed, so stranger things have happened before.

Well we do know Kurt does have Uncle Charles and Dad Figure Hank.

Magneto was in prison for assassinating President Kennedy, so one can assume he has been locked up since the 1960's. That's enough time for Mystique and Azazel to hook up.

She abandoned him in Germany.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

IMO DOFP was a perfect opportunity to address this. With the whole Azzazel death and Mystique revenge plot. Could have easily tied her motivations to him and, at the very least, referenced her giving her baby away. Would have definitely raised the emotional stakes for her character and made her relentlessness more believable. But whatever.

It would make that scene in X2 really creepy. I'm referring to the one where Nightcrawler is attracted to Mystique.

It was already creepy. :o

It would make that scene in X2 really creepy. I'm referring to the one where Nightcrawler is attracted to Mystique.

To be fair...Mystique kept it a secret from Nightcrawler for a long time. So it makes it less creepy.

But the characters are already so different. They could create a different origin story for NC and people wouldn't mind most likely.

And not to mention Mystique also had a kid with Wolverine. Raze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"