Saints Row demo is up on XBL.

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
Its up and its *edit* damn bad :down

out of 1 through 10 how is it?

should i even bother?

I can allready see that its pretty generic... Still it looks great and the physics are fun.

xwolverine2 said:
out of 1 through 10 how is it?

should i even bother?

First impressions (after about 5 minutes playing) its an 8 out of 10. Download the demo... It will keep you busy until Dead Rising hits :)

Mentok said:
First impressions (after about 5 minutes playing) its an 8 out of 10. Download the demo... It will keep you busy until Dead Rising hits :)
fine ill check it out

I might pick this up when it comes out

Jesus... 10 minutes of playing the demo is enough to put anyone off buying the game :down

I think it's pretty good myself. You can seemingly do more stuff then in GTA.

I really think releasing demos in the marketplace is a bad idea. It will only hurt the sells of ****ty games.

:)

Tried this at a friends house.....so ****ty :O

TheCardPlayer said:
I think it's pretty good myself. You can seemingly do more stuff then in GTA.

I SINCERELY DOUBT THAT. I HAVEN'T HEARD/READ ANYONE MENTION ANY OF THE FOLLOWING BEING POSSIBLE IN 'SAINT'S ROW':

• BASE JUMPING
  • SKYDIVING/PARACHUTING FROM A PLANE
  • FLYING VARIOUS AIRCRAFT
  • DRIVING BOATS
  • DOING STUNTS ON BIKES/MOTORCYLES

JUST TO NAME A FEW.........NOT TO MENTION, THE NEAR-FLAWLESS EXECUTION/IMPLEMENTATION OF PRETTY MUCH EVERY THING THEY PUT IN THE GAME (EXCEPT FOR THE GRAPHICS......WHICH IS DUE TO BEING BUILT ON THE 'PS2' HARDWARE). 'GTA:SA', REGARDLESS OF IT'S NOTORIETY/LAWSUITS, WILL NEVER BE TOPPED......UNLESS BY 'GTA4'.

In terms of crimes and stuff. You can hold up stores like in GTA but you can also take people hostage inside and have the cops come. Pretty awesome.

Indiglo said:
I really think releasing demos in the marketplace is a bad idea. It will only hurt the sells of ****ty games.

:)

AS WELL IT SHOULD. BUT, IT'S STILL A GREAT ASSET, WHEN YOU CONSIDER THE SUCCESSES OF OTHER GAMES, LIKE 'FNR3' AND 'LOST PLANET'. IT WORKS BOTH WAYS........GOOD DEMOS WILL SELL GAMES.......BAD DEMOS WON'T. THE 'HITMAN:BLOODMONEY' DEMO SHOULD'VE NEVER BEEN RELEASED, IMO.

What was in the Hitman demo? The very first level, the little amusement park one?

If so, that would be a stupid move, considering that mission was a tut and absolute trash.

That was the demo :o

And it really turned me off from buying the game :o

Mentok said:
Jesus... 10 minutes of playing the demo is enough to put anyone off buying the game :down

Is the game that bad??? I thought it looked ok. I loved all the GTA games.

Axid said:
That was the demo :o

And it really turned me off from buying the game :o

Why the hell would they do that? That's just ****ing stupid. They could have included both the tut and, like, the Suburban level or somthing, if they figured we we're to dumb to figure out how to play the game.

Indiglo said:
What was in the Hitman demo? The very first level, the little amusement park one?

If so, that would be a stupid move, considering that mission was a tut and absolute trash.

CORRECT, ON ALL ACCOUNTS. THAT, AND THE FACT THAT IT'S JUST AN 'XBOX' PORT, IS WHY I DIDN'T CARE FOR IT. BUT, IF I EVERY FIND IT FOR LIKE $20, I'LL PICK IT UP, MAYBE. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"