Sequels Sam Raimi Wants Morbius in Spider-Man 4

I do have a bit of faith that they will make the fourth better. I mean, after the whole SM-3 debacle they have to learn from their mistakes. If they don't? Well then it's goodbye to Mr Raimi's career I'm afraid.

Spidey 4 should be better. Hopefully.
If it's anything like SM3, then yeah, bye-bye to his career.

I doubt Morbius is going to be in Spider-Man 4, and if so, then I demand the Walrus to be in Spider-Man 5.

So Morbius and Kraven? Yeah that really meshes... Raimi has a terrible taste in villains... I mean I don't mind Sandman but to utilize him the way they did... it's a joke. I frankly don't want to see what he has in store with Morbius. His motivation would probably be discovering that his long lost lover has been reincarnated as MJ... who would figure?

Spidey 4 should be better. Hopefully.
If it's anything like SM3, then yeah, bye-bye to his career.

not trying to start anything; but just so ya know, spidey 3 was:

(a rushed by both avi arad; sony pictures; and had Venom DEMANDED BY THE FANS, SO EVEN THOUGH TOPHER WAS AMAZING AS VENOM WE COULDA HAD SOMEONE ELSE IN PART OF A VILLIAN
(b venom was to not originally to be in the film; supposedly saved for the 4th film
(c the last film in the trilogy

so had sony arad and fanboys not pressured raimi we could have what some fans would call "The Real Spider-Man 3" Or something; plus 3 was supposedly the final spider-man film so it was supposed to tie-up pretty much every loose end.Now remember; i'm just sayin

^^hmm.....explain what those stories are about please....

(a rushed by both avi arad; sony pictures; and had Venom DEMANDED BY THE FANS, SO EVEN THOUGH TOPHER WAS AMAZING AS VENOM WE COULDA HAD SOMEONE ELSE IN PART OF A VILLIAN
(b venom was to not originally to be in the film; supposedly saved for the 4th film

I'm not trying to argue, but if the third movie was meant to be the last, why would you have the idea that Venom, who Raimi never wanted to use, would have been saved for a fourth film? Lol.

But, yah, I think Arad should have shutted his pie hole just because Spidey fans would have liked to see Sam Raimi's original version of Spider-Man 3: Vulture and Sandman (and maybe New Goblin...never knew Raimi's original plan for Harry Osborn). But, then if that were to have happen, it makes you think...are Vulture and Sandman "powerful" enough of villains to be in the third installment? Are they "final movie" villains to deal with? Because, in reality, no one would think Vulture would ever be a tough "third movie" villain, in which the third movie in all trilogies should have the "toughest" villain to fight. It's how trilogies are meant to be. Sure, the hero's main enemy was in the first one, but the third one should have a villain or villains that break down walls, to show how strong the hero is(Frodo, Neo as examples). Unless the rumors of having movies three and four were true, in which Raimi wanted to film those two back-to-back, obviously meant to set up the Sinister Six.

But, plans change. And I suppose with Raimi speaking about Morbius, Raimi seems to have scratched his entire SS idea.

Venom, if done right, could've work. And to me, he would've been a perfect villain for the third installment. He was just not done right. I would have even kept Sandman in, but his storyline should've been a lot better. And I would have also had Venom and Sandman fight eachother as well.

Oh, the possibilities of events that could've and should've happened.

I really have no idea why Sony or Arad or anyone said that Spiderman 3 would be last one. It doesnt make any sense. There was no way in hell Spiderman 3 was going to be the last when each movie earns billion dollars around the world.
Imagine setting up Venom in Spiderman 3 and near end of the credit, we see Eddie Brock getting consumed be the black suit becoming Venom. That would've brought heck loads of hypesamong fans, therefore, guaranteeing the success of Spiderman 4.
Now that's the way they should've done.

So Morbius and Kraven? Yeah that really meshes... Raimi has a terrible taste in villains... I mean I don't mind Sandman but to utilize him the way they did... it's a joke. I frankly don't want to see what he has in store with Morbius. His motivation would probably be discovering that his long lost lover has been reincarnated as MJ... who would figure?

And it would end in a cliffhanger: In order to save MJ, Peter must make a deal with Mephisto that....

Snarky aside, hopefully Morbuis will not be featured . Vampires are so cliched it's not even funny .

Yeah this is the first thing I thought too...Morbius and Lizard together could work. Kraven and Lizard could work too, but with Raimi being into horror so much, I think that Morbius is more up his alley than Kraven.

Also, I think we all remember what happened the last time Raimi was FORCED to use a villain that he didn't want to use. So I'm cool with him doing whatever he wants.

so had sony arad and fanboys not pressured raimi we could have what some fans would call "The Real Spider-Man 3" Or something; plus 3 was supposedly the final spider-man film so it was supposed to tie-up pretty much every loose end.Now remember; i'm just sayin

You have completely contradicted yourself man. Venom was supposed to be saved for the fourth yea? But how is that possible if, like you say, there was only going to be 3 films originally?

And no, just so you know, Topher Grace was not "amazing". But i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, it was piss poor writing that ruined him.

And Venom did need to be in that film, the ending was the only half decent thing in it. Sandman was crap, not Hayden Church's fault mind, that was Raimi's fault yet again. What the hell was going through his head when they wrote him? "Oh i know, let's make Marko uncle Ben's killer, just for the sake of it! I'm sure the fans aren't sick of a sympathetic villain who has personal links to Peter Parker."

Get Wesley Snipes day parole and have a Spider-Man Blade crossover!

Or even better, don't involve Vampires in Spider-Man 4 at all... seriously, I think that any bad guy, from Kraven, to Lizard, Morbius, Punisher, Carnage, Kingpin and so forth... they'd all be fine if they're executed properly. Since this movie's just getting it's pre-production started, they're probably looking at all the villians. Just because he say Morbius and was temporarily interested doesn't mean it's set in stone. But we all know that!

You have completely contradicted yourself man. Venom was supposed to be saved for the fourth yea? But how is that possible if, like you say, there was only going to be 3 films originally?

And no, just so you know, Topher Grace was not "amazing". But i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, it was piss poor writing that ruined him.

And Venom did need to be in that film, the ending was the only half decent thing in it. Sandman was crap, not Hayden Church's fault mind, that was Raimi's fault yet again. What the hell was going through his head when they wrote him? "Oh i know, let's make Marko uncle Ben's killer, just for the sake of it! I'm sure the fans aren't sick of a sympathetic villain who has personal links to Peter Parker."

im not contradicting cause i read; somewhere, that sony said this was the last film; and like right after production said like "three more and were done" or something like that

Honestly, done right [and given Raimi's previous film-making background]...Morbius COULD work.

How about a SS-M inspired Tomestone/Big Man as the main villain? Heck, just sack Raimi and give the franchise to Weisman, yeah I know, not gonna happen.

But can the lizard even be a main villain? He doesn't even speak so he's got no personality, he's just a mindless wrecking machine. He'd still be good as a second or third villain, but not as the main bad.

Didnt Raimi mention something about wanting the Vulture, and Electro? And that he's a big fan of the Lizard? ... Yeah, I think he did. And now he's talking Morbius? Hmmm .. well I'll just go with this comment.

"But ['Spider-Man 4'] will probably have to start with the central journey of the main character to arrive at the proper villain." - Sam Raimi

Works for me. :cool:

Also, I think we all remember what happened the last time Raimi was FORCED to use a villain that he didn't want to use. So I'm cool with him doing whatever he wants.
Honestly, I'm not. He wanted to use Sandman and look what he did...
And it's not like someone pulled the trigger on Raimi's head to use Venom and Gwen. He is a grown man and he could easily refuse.

How about a SS-M inspired Tomestone/Big Man as the main villain? Heck, just sack Raimi and give the franchise to Weisman, yeah I know, not gonna happen.
I would certainly love that.

But can the lizard even be a main villain? He doesn't even speak so he's got no personality, he's just a mindless wrecking machine. He'd still be good as a second or third villain, but not as the main bad.
I agree. That's why we need another villain. Lizard won't be capable of handling an entire movie and he wouldn't present a bigger threat than the previous movies alone.

im not contradicting cause i read; somewhere, that sony said this was the last film; and like right after production said like "three more and were done" or something like that

You could've updated your post then and said that the third movie was never meant to be the last.

I do know, that, Arad said once, as soon as the first movie came out, that he would like six or seven films.

That is not a bad idea. At least he would've made the characters RIGHT.

I love how Raimi expresses interest in a character, and now people are saying Spider-Man 4 is screwed because Morbius is in it.

Just because Raimi likes a character doesn't mean that the character will appear in the fourth movie. Raimi isn't writing the script, remember?

He WILL have a big part in it.

And the WRITER doesn't decide the villain. The director and producers do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"