First Avenger Sam Worthington Hints at Being Captain America?

Avalanche™

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.moviefone.com/unscripted/avatar/358/avatar-unscripted-complete-interview/57740642001

i know its just a t-shirt, but his name was coming up to be Captain America. i find it funny that hes wearing it

PS: i would love for sam to be captain, there is something about him that i like, he was the only good part in T4 and he did good in Avatr, and hes gonna be awesome is Clash. and i dont care if hes australian, if jackman can play a 5'3" canadian, he can do captain

He has a problem dropping his aussie accent so I say NO to him as captain america.

Agreed. He couldnt decide on one accent in Avatar. he kept accidentally switching between three different american dialects all the way through the movie. Plus, his first line in the na'avi body was incredibly australian soundin... He may as well have opened his eyes and said 'G'Day!'.

Last edited:
we have been talking about this for awhile. Yes its known sam likes the character and would love to play him. But from what we know from marvel right now. Sam is not what they want. We didnt need another thread for this. Since we have been talking for ages on sam in the casting thread.

Wasn't he wearing an Avengers t-shirt the other day..?

I think he's wearing MArvel shirts to star stuff online and to get the casting people to look at him

That or hes just wearing shirts

You know, that's something you don't see every day: people wearing shirts.

sure we know he likes marvel stuff. But it isnt likely he will end up being any one any time soon. And isnt likely to even be looked at for cap. Since we know right now marvel wants to first look/wants to have an american for the role.

I'd be interested in seeing him as the Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes...

I'd be interested in seeing him as the Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes...
If they go with a 616-type continuity, Worthington would be WAY too old to play Bucky. Remember, at the start of the war Bucky is around 16.

Yeah, I know...

Was meaning later in continuity. The issue with that is that everything I've heard about the film suggests its farearlier on in the piece.

But for the Avengers movies down the track its somewhat more plausible and I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Sorry if I was confusing folk into thinking I was meaning Captain America: The First Avenger, because its easy to read what I said that way.

Change thread title to "Sam Worthington With False Hope at Being Captain America".

Sam Worthington is Captain America!!!!!

Or maybe Jason Lewis! Jensen Ackles for Hawkeye!

Jensen Ackels for Hawkeye, over Jeremy Renner? A FAR better actor? You mad?

While I think Worthington is a decent choice, Marvel said they're sticking to American actors.

yea either this thread should be closed or megered with the casting thread.

Didn't see too many American flags in Avatar - why would he need to have an American accent - He sounded fairly Australian all the way through to me - except he dialled down the Rockingham bogan.

To use Avatar as an example of a put on yank accent is ridiculous and secondly, he hasn't been in enough to get a real good feel for how well he can do the accent.

He was pretty clearly trying to do an American accent though, and he did it well at parts. The thing is, he can't choose one American dialect. It didn't really matter to his character whether he was from Brooklyn or Toledo, but he should at least make a choice.

He can't do an American accent.

It's a ridiculous to pretend that he wasn't trying to make up one in Salvation and Avatar.

yea i said it before i have nothing against sam, he is a growing actor and all that. But i dont think he is the right guy for cap, who is i dont know. Its all about really what they are looking for and it should become more clear to us fans once we get a casting breakdown and all that.

It's just payback for years of Americans doing crappy Aussie accents. :oldrazz:

Umm...guy wears a shirt, and now people think he is Captain America :huh:

I really liked him in Avatar (he was mediocre in TS), but I don't think he is Captain America. He can't do a good enough American accent.

yea in the end he is really not likely going to even get a shot. We already know marvel's main goal right now is wanting an american.

I got my 'Voltron' shirt on right now. You know what that means.....

I'm gonna be Voltron

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"