First Avenger Sam Worthington Hints at Being Captain America?

I am not saying he is a bad actor. I'm just saying he is not Cap.

I agree that he's not Cap, but not because I don't think he couldn't act well as Cap, just that I don't think he has all the right qualities... I think he'd be better at either a Wolverine/Punisheresque loner, or the cocky attitude type character, ala hawkeye or someone else.

yea i said it before, i like him and i think he is a decent actor. Just captain america isnt the right role for sam.

Kinda makes sense. Seems like dude's been in every major movie this past year

Or 2.

Although he was great as John Dillinger:awesome:

though in the end sam is not likely to even be looked at or test since he isnt what marvel wants.

He's not right for this role. Someone answer me this, Where did Sam pay his dues to be getting all these roles? It seems he just materialized from no where and is getting all theses plum roles. Not that he's horrible or anything but I haven't seen him do anything near deserving of all this attention.

^^It's been pointed out countless times already on this thread that he's been acting in great, award winning movies for years. Where did he pay his dues? I think 15 years of Australian Film is dues enough, especially considering he's infinitely more talented than many Hollywood stars, who's only really qualifications seem to be nice **** and the ability to walk and talk.
Also, as far as 'where did the buzz come from?' I think being cast as the lead role, as an unknown to a USA audience, in the first James Cameron film in 10 years, is enough to make a bit of buzz.

I haven't seen him do anything near deserving of all this attention.

Go to imdb, make a list and go to a video shop. It might do you good to see some Australian films.

Chill out guy. I only just now noticed this thread and haven't gone looking through it and there's no need to get snippy, only asking an honest question.

Lol, it's just that you're like the 5th person i've come across with that attitude, and it was starting to get on my nerves. Don't take it personally lol.
Btw,
Chill out guy.
Made me laugh, and think of Saddam Hussein in Terrence and Phillip. Hey, relax guy!

it does piss me off too. so much good work he's done and people think he's just some new pretty boy.

yea i didnt know of his past works before TS and i havent gotten to see avator yet which i want too. But i did know he is Aus and i just never seen his work he did down there at all. I do agree with folks he is an ok actor and is growing and all that. Just he isnt the right person for the cap role.

If he turns out to be chosen for this role, I will go to Joe Johnston's house and stab him in the neck with a pencil.

Worthington is not American. Johnston said they were getting an American for the role. Worthington is 33. Johnston said the oldest actor they are currently looking at is 32. Worthington isn't getting the role

I really dont get Worthington..

The guy has no charisma, he doesn't show any emotion, I nvr hear any girls go gaga over his name...I dont get why Hollywood is trying to make him out as the next thing. None of my GA friends even remember his name. He's only that guy from Terminator Salvation or the guy from Avatar.

The thing thats bad about it is that people mostly on the net, believe this huge hype about him. I wouldnt mind as much if people didn't cite his performances in Avatar and TS as the reasons why hes such a great actor

I'll be quite pissed if he ends up being Cap (which wont happen cause hes not American) or any other hero with any thing resembling a personality

yea this thread should be closed now, since we have known for ages marvel didnt want a non american, and now joe confirming it and that he has lik 5-6 folks testing currently who are what he is looking for.

I guess Sam just ain't worthy............ngton..............:o

I always liked the idea of Sam for the role - and took a lot of s*** for it - but right now he´s probably too famous - and too big a paycheck - to be Captain. They want an unknown for the role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"