San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) Thread

Collider's review of Alita : Battle Angel coverage seen at special screening - no spoilers given.

[YT]zsybUaGtyGE[/YT]

At this point I just want to pay tribute to the guys at Collider, to be able to even turn up and present any level of enthusiasm for this after the death of a dear friend, kudos to them and a memory for Jon too, god bless him. Thoughts and love to you all xx

At this point I just want to pay tribute to the guys at Collider, to be able to even turn up and present any level of enthusiasm for this after the death of a dear friend, kudos to them and a memory for Jon too, god bless him. Thoughts and love to you all xx

Well put, sir :up:

Colleague's tribute video...

[YT]88-YWP-O8Tw[/YT]

I agree. I'm happy for all the good news coming from DC and all the positive stuff I'm hearing from the fan base, though. Just didn't feel the same as last year.

Yeah, Comic Con was a bit... off this year. I mean, Marvel decides to skip it entirely, and then the whole James Gunn thing happens. And whichever side of the fence you are on with that, it's still bad press for the MCU.

You also had no FoX-Men presence because Disney is going to be acquiring them and also because both of their big releases are being completely retooled.

Then there's the DCEU... or DCCU... or DC Films... or whatever they're called this week, which had great trailers in Aquaman and Shazam but it still feels like they're trying to atone for past ****-ups. And they had no big announcements to make. Oh, and it didn't help that they kicked it all off by showing a Titans trailer that pissed everyone off.

Then there's Sony, which has a Venom movie coming that most fans are unsure about and an animated Spider-Man film that (I guess) some fans are interested in. But nothing big from them either.

I think Godzilla and Glass "won" Comic Con this year simply because the buzz around those two films seems to be the most positive.

It was just a weird year overall.

Some of the bigger TV shows skipped it as well. It definitely felt like Hall H had some down time.

It was probably the quietest Comic Con in about 7 years.

Yeah, there was no Game of Thrones, no Stranger Things... I'm really glad I didn't shell out the money to get a ticket this year.

A further Collider tribute to Jon.....

[YT]Tfh5mHyR-BM[/YT]

Full Deadpool 2 - Extended Cut discussion panel....

[YT]DBlXesR5VvY[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"