DC TV Series Sandman: The Series

https://collider.com/the-sandman-ne...pdate-comments/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

As part of an extended interview with Collider's Steve Weintraub in the lead-up to Foundation's debut, Goyer wouldn't spoil exactly what's in store for Sandman. But he did say that "I think it's a very truthful adaptation, and some of the individual issues that we adapted, that were perhaps the trickiest standalone issues in Gaiman's run, have ended up being the most interesting and genre-bending episodes. And I'm really proud of those."

Nice little bit of footage. Wonder if there might be more during FanDome.

It looks small. But they nailed Dream, so I am still game. Let's see what else they got.

Finally! Such a great get getting Charles dance for this. Can’t wait

Teaser did almost nothing for me.
I ****ing love the books and can’t wait for this though.

Oh I didn’t know she was playing Lucifer. Gwendoline looks great and she’s always a plus but l’m still very wary about this show.

Netflix’s The Sandman Series Is ‘All About Surprising You’, Says Neil Gaiman – Exclusive Image

3D6C7391-420F-4F0B-BAD4-418048144C1B.jpeg

In the upcoming Moon Knight issue of Empire, Gaiman opened up about the genre-hopping, tone-switching approach of The Sandman on screen. “You watch Episode 1 and think, ‘Oh, I get this thing: it’s like Downton Abbey, but with magic,’” he says. “Then you’ll be wondering, ‘What the hell is this?’ by Episode 2, when you’re meeting Gregory The Gargoyle in The Dreaming. Episode 5 is about as dark and traumatic as anything is ever gonna get, then you’ve got Episode 6, which is probably the most feel-good of all the episodes.” It’s a notion that looks set to differentiate The Sandman from all the other lavish fantasy adaptations out there. “If you didn’t like an episode of Game Of Thrones, you probably won’t like any other episode of Game Of Thrones,” reasons Gaiman. “With Sandman, it’s all about surprising you. It’s all about reinventing itself. It’s all about taking you on a journey you’ve not been on before.”

I think I’d have liked the look of his Morpheus more if he had lighter makeup making his skin sheet white.

Goddamn, that’s a long body.

I swear if it’s just one of those announcement trailers with just a logo and release date I’m going to…. Sit in a corner and cry but be happy that we know when it’s coming. At this point it should be a full on trailer with the release date. I’m very intrigued by this series even though I haven’t read the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"