• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman Returns SAVE the sequels of SR, show your support

FantasticThing said:
M.E.H.Z.E.B,

Your icon says it all - black Venom overcoming Superman's logo. You can like SR and be excited about Spider-Man 3. Your avatar just pits them against each other. Therefore your opinion is invalidated.:supes:

I've seen MEHZEB posting for the last 4 years and he has NEVER been negative about SR or any other Superman project. He's a great Superman fan. Just because he doesn't like the film once he has seen it doesn't mean he's a hater.

M.O.Steel said:
According to the news, producers of SR will NOT greenlit any sequels to this movie unless it makes $200 million domestic. Right now, its at 144. So go watch it again and again...

For those who liked the movie...well, you liked it, you will get a sequel

For those who didn't like the movie...well heres your way of ensuring that singer gets another chance and fixes all teh mistakes, and makes a better movie none the less.

SR was okay and I had a good time at the movies. But you're letting your love for the character blind you to the fact that the movie doesn't need your help.
Don't stress over the fate of the intellectual property of a multi-billion dollar, international media conglomerate like Time Warner AOL. They'll be fine. Honest.
SR is only a business proposition for them. There aren't emotions involved on their end, unless of course a suit loses his job.

M.O.Steel said:
According to the news, producers of SR will NOT greenlit any sequels to this movie unless it makes $200 million domestic. Right now, its at 144. So go watch it again and again...

For those who didn't like the movie...well heres your way of ensuring that singer gets another chance and fixes all teh mistakes, and makes a better movie none the less.

Watch SR again and again??.How can you be so cruel?.What people did to you to punish them that way???:mad: .

I saw SR just once and that was more than enough,thank you.No more!!!please!!!:(

So people want them to remake Superman 2 since Superman Returns is more of a remake? I hope Pirates rapes Supes Returns this week.

SBrooks1 said:
Actually that one did work. We're getting the original untouched trilogy on DVD in a few months where it shows Han shooting first.

Don't be such a doofus. That had nothing to do with signatures, otherwise it wouldn't have taken Lucas ten years to do something about it. It was all a matter of double dipping with the DVDs and making more money.

Matt said:
Don't be such a doofus. That had nothing to do with signatures, otherwise it wouldn't have taken Lucas ten years to do something about it. It was all a matter of double dipping with the DVDs and making more money.

When the SE DVD came out, Lucas insisted that he will never release the original trilogy unedited because he knew that most fans would've skipped SE and wait for the real thing instead. And lo and behold, Lucas is releasing the original trilogy DVD after all.

Sucks for me, but I dislike the SE so I'm shelling it out for the new set later this year anyway.

If the sequel is going to be more of Singer's crap, I would go out and encourage people not to watch this film... But Warner has done a good enough job of that themselves already.

Alonsovich said:
I've seen MEHZEB posting for the last 4 years and he has NEVER been negative about SR or any other Superman project. He's a great Superman fan. Just because he doesn't like the film once he has seen it doesn't mean he's a hater.

Thanks Alonsovich. Really means a lot :)

FantasticThing said:
M.E.H.Z.E.B,

Your icon says it all - black Venom overcoming Superman's logo. You can like SR and be excited about Spider-Man 3. Your avatar just pits them against each other. Therefore your opinion is invalidated.:supes:

My god! :D

Now you'll get on my case for having an animated avatar with concepts from two of my favorite superheroes?

You're reaching my friend. Where, that I don't know. My avatar is symbol of me being a Superman, and a Spider-Man fan. It's not a crime to like both superheroes, you know?

Better luck next time.

antariksh said:
I have already watched it once.

I will support the movie more if singer openly admits at comic con that

"He is a useless, pathetic director with no vision, flare whatsoever and that both x1 and x2 sucked and so did SR and that he will never ever make any more comic book movies"

:o :o

I agree completely. Singer does not belong in Superhero movies. He's too concerned with aspects of a story that aren't appealing. It's almost as if he never really liked comic books.

David33 said:
Watch SR again and again??.How can you be so cruel?.What people did to you to punish them that way???:mad: .

I saw SR just once and that was more than enough,thank you.No more!!!please!!!:(

Frickin' hilarious.

Well, don't bother watching these films either then, since Superman Returns is better than these films:

The Punisher, Fantastic Four, Blade III, X3, Elektra, and Daredevil.

Kvott said:
I agree completely. Singer does not belong in Superhero movies. He's too concerned with aspects of a story that aren't appealing. It's almost as if he never really liked comic books.

LMAO well he has never read them even as a kid according to his own words....
And for the record I agree he should stick away from superhero movies Xmen and Xmen2 could and should have been great not that they were not good like SR but good for something that IMO should be great well....

Milkman95 said:
Frickin' hilarious.

Well, don't bother watching these films either then, since Superman Returns is better than these films:

The Punisher, Fantastic Four, Blade III, X3, Elektra, and Daredevil.

As you are sooo fond of saying in your opinion pal many people liked those movies maybe you didn't but many people did.

Well I'm doing all I can...I saw my sixth screening last night...on IMAX finally, and that was awesome...definitely worth the drive.

NateGray said:
As you are sooo fond of saying in your opinion pal many people liked those movies maybe you didn't but many people did.

Well, since everybody is so enamored with box office and it being the end all of a film being good (of course I don't believe that), SR will easily out-do all of those films I just listed, so I guess the people have spoken, so it's more fact than opinion in this case.

Plus, David33 is one of the most entertaining posters around here, hence my reply. Mind your own business also.

Milkman95 said:
Well, since everybody is so enamored with box office and it being the end all of a film being good (of course I don't believe that), SR will easily out-do all of those films I just listed, so I guess the people have spoken, so it's more fact than opinion in this case.

Plus, David33 is one of the most entertaining posters around here, hence my reply. Mind your own business also.

Mind my own business yeh ummm NO you can choose to ignore me if you want but I will reply to WHATEVER I FEEL LIKE GET IT....

I am pretty sick of you twisting every other movie as sucky while SR is just pure gold.

To bad at least three of those movies you listed made profits at the BO smartass.

Milkman95 said:
Plus, David33 is one of the most entertaining posters around here, hence my reply.

Hey! What about me? Don't you think I'm one of the most entertaining posters around here? ;)

I've seen it 5 times already (one for free) .

So I've done my "part" although I didn't go see it over and over again, so that it can generate more money, I did it because I Liked the movie.

NateGray said:
Mind my own business yeh ummm NO you can choose to ignore me if you want but I will reply to WHATEVER I FEEL LIKE GET IT....

I am pretty sick of you twisting every other movie as sucky while SR is just pure gold.

To bad at least three of those movies you listed made profits at the BO smartass.

Let's not start anything here. Why don't you and Milkman just agree to disagree?

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
Let's not start anything here. Why don't you and Milkman just agree to disagree?

Read what I posted that he told me to mind my own business on.

Somehow its ok to tell people SR was good and those movies suck but if you like any of those movies and say they are decent or as good as SR you get bashed and thats fair how exactly????

You are probably right though he can ignore me and I think I will just stay way from this place for awhilesorry for the derailing.

NateGray said:
You are probably right though he can ignore me and I think I will just stay way from this place for awhilesorry for the derailing.

Thanks for seeing my point. :up:

NateGray said:

I never said SR is pure gold, I said I liked it. I'm actually sick of you opening up a can of spam to everybody that actually enjoyed the film. Let them be.

Well, I wasn't talking profit, that's a different story. Box office totals is a measurement of whether the public liked the film or not, correct?

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
Hey! What about me? Don't you think I'm one of the most entertaining posters around here? ;)

Yes you are, but you at least know what you're talking about, David33 doens't have a clue.

M.O.Steel said:

This does not mean its the only way it gets a greenlight. Its the BO number it must reach to get the immediate greenlight. If it fails to reach that number WB will wait for the DVD release, merchandising numbers, residuals, etc. to make an assessment fo the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"