Saving Enterprise - official thread

Bump -- with an update

Every tuesday night at 1pm PST (9pm GMT) the staff of TrekUnited.com have a live chat where questions can be asked and answered.

You can get to the chat through the forums at http://www.trekfansunited.com/forum/. You'll have to register to particiapte.

Partial list of celebrities supporting us:

Manny Coto (executive producer, Star Trek: Enterprise)

Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry Jr.

John and Bjo Trimble (heads of the 1968 Star Trek convention)

Stephen Hawking

Jeffrey Combs (actor, ENT: Shran)

Chase Masterson (actress, DS9: Leeta; Fandom.com)

Three anonymous players in the commercial spaceflight industry, donors of 1m$ each

More to come...

Because many of us don't think its a bad show. There must be shows that you like that others think should be off the air. Everyone has a show they like that other people hate. That's just the way it is.

If you don't want to save Enterprise, that's your choice. This thread is to bring together those who want to save the show, as well provide information to those who do and do not wish it to continue.

Umm... I'm not exactly seeing a wealth of support...

Hogan said:
Umm... I'm not exactly seeing a wealth of support...

I just don't see the point and I'm a Star Trek fan. I just became one because my friend convinced me. He even hates the new show.

Sid Cutter said:
I just don't see the point and I'm a Star Trek fan. I just became one because my friend convinced me. He even hates the new show.

That's my point. Not much use in trying to resurrect a show that nobody (except a small minority) wants.

But that small minority believes that there is a point. And with the improvement of the show these last two seasons, I've seen a lot of Enterprise haters change their minds. So the minority is growing.

If there are supporters on these boards, then this thread is here for them. If there aren't supporters here, then I'm not out anything except the time it took to type this. But I, and others, feel that it's worth the effort.

You can also ask general questions to our administrators at [email protected]. Other email addresses for departments can be found at the website.

(This has been added to the starting post as well)

TrekUnited and SaveEnterprise now have an official podcast (online radio show) for those who want to listen. It can be found at Slice of Sci-Fi. While it is the official podcast of the save enterprise effort, it will not be limited to the Star Trek universe.

Slice of Sci-Fi will touch on as many aspects of sci-fi in general that the viewers want to listen to and discuss. Please give it a listen.

how goes the quest sir? do you think you'll make it?

Thanks for asking.

Honestly, we've sort of hit a temporary plataea where donations have slowed. But this is because all who have joined have given all they can (at least until the next round of paychecks :D ). So we're at the point where we need to get some more publicity to bring new supporters on board. But we've had over 8,000 individuals donate, so we are making progress, and did have a nice jump in money the last couple of days. And there might be a couple of corporate sponsors donating soon, but since it hasn't happened yet, none of us are quite ready to count on it.

As for making it, I think we can. If we will basically revolves around the problem of getting publicity. There are some rallies planned around the world in the next couple of months. And we are getting some more media attention, most recently by the New York Times. It's just getting the snowball rolling enough to cause an avalanche right now.

well good luck.
maybe, just maybe cable will pick it up, you never know.

oh, and A sugestion, instead of rallies, plan stunts, outrageous stuff that'll get you some air timesomewhere, maybe even like the today show.

just a thought.

I really respect what you are doing, but if Angel couldn't get renewed I doubt Enterprise has much of a chance. Good luck to you anyway.

Sorry to be away for so long. Thanks for the encouragement FTC. Much appreciated.

Heads up for anyone interested. A big announcement and press release is scheduled for later today. I'd give you more information, but the staff involved won't even tell any of us what the announcement will be about. (It's been a long two days since they told us it was coming). You can keep checking TrekUnited.com for updates, and I'll post the announcement here the first chance I get.

I'll also mention a couple of other upcomming events:
Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas rally April 16.
Hickory, NC rally April 16.
Houston: Save Enterprise BBQ April 23.

You can go to TrekUnited.com and click on the links for more information.

Well, most of the news that was supposed to come out yesterday has come out today.

TrekToday has an article that confirms TrekUnited, with a group of Canadian production companies, is in talks with Paramount to produce a fifth season. The article can be found here: TrekToday

IGN also confirms that TrekUnited's handling of all contributions have been above board and legal. Unfortunately, as the article explains, they could not print all that they wanted due to server problems. The complete report will run in next week's edition of their Trek Report. The article can be found here: IGN

tonights the big night, will enterprise shine, or will it totally fail to capture my support with a mediocre overmelodramatic crapfest that it has been for the last few seasons

Well, tonight's episode will probably have a lot of comedy. Then the next two episodes will take place in the mirror universe and should be pretty exciting. Then the two episodes after that are supposed to be very dramatic because a violent xenophobic movement has sprung up on Earth.

So here's hoping the season stays as strong as it has been. :)

The show is dead. Which is great because it was Crap anyway.

And Brandon Braga got fired.

last night was crap, sorry but that's my opinion. Especially magnified by the fact that this was a breakfast episode.

mirror universe is next? And people wonder why Enterprise is going down... it's because nothing that every happens on the show matters. It's either an alternate timeline, or another dimension bla bla bla bla bla. Character development has been great, I won't argue with that. But everything other than that is either cliche, already done, or is just plain boring.

why don't they devote these last 5 episodes to the founding of the federation? That's essentially what the show is about. Why don't they focus on that? Why return to the concept that essentially killed the show during the 3rd season (ie. alternate realities etc)?

Why do the writers keep flogging the same old dead horse?

I like enterprise, I like the crew, I like the set, and the whole background for the story. What I don't like, is how they've used all these stupid narrative tools such as time travel and what not? Why can't they bring it back to what the show was originally about? A crappy ship, with crappy weapons, and all about exploring.

Enterprise has failed me. What should almost be an epic show, showing the foundation of the federation, is more like a weekly daytime soap opera, that takes place on a starship.

last time i checked... star trek sucks... now it has been a while but it was my understanding that enterprise was carrying on this long standing tradition (of sucking). that being said i dont see why they shouldnt cancel the show... i mean honestly their are so many crap shows that stay on whilest good shows get canceled. you shold be thanking the networks that be for finaly cuting of something that sucks so that there is now an opening for something that just might be good...

Star Trek is and always has been the smart man's (or smart woman's) science-fiction of choice. Unfortunately, there are less and less smart people out there, especially in America.

TheSumOfGod said:
Star Trek is and always has been the smart man's (or smart woman's) science-fiction of choice. Unfortunately, there are less and less smart people out there, especially in America.

You make a good point about the smart thing and trek and then you go on to show that you yourself are an idiot by your signature. :rolleyes:

Anyway, personally I'm looking forward to the mirror storyline, it was one of my favorite episodes from the original, I'll enjoy seeing it revisited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"