Scientology Kills

I'm not defending Scientology in the least, yet I'd say the main reason Christianity or any other delusions seems more legitimate is because of its antiquity.

That being said, when you can actually witness the foundation of a religion, and see how ludicrous its roots are, your kind of left in awe of how anyone could be so daft as to subscribe to it.

You see it for its lies. You see it for its inconsistencies. You see it for its profiteering. You call it a cult.

If you could have the same opportunity to witness the establishment of your chosen delusion, you'd more then likely come to your senses a realize how inane it all is.

Even though Anonymous says 'destroy' they really mean educate people on the evils of scientology, and (if they are absurdly lucky) revoking Scientologies status as a Religion, an thus their tax exemption status.

The first step is to raise awareness.

revoking Scientology's status as a Religion, an thus their tax exemption status.

The history of the Church of Scientology's quest for tax-exempt status is an interesting one:

Wiki said:
In the United States, Scientologists claim that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax exemption granted to the Scientology related businesses under IRS Tax Code section 501(c)(3) after extended litigation gives their religion a U.S. government stamp of authenticity.

Scientology's tax-exempt status was lost in a 1967 IRS audit. As part of the effort to regain tax exemption during the late 1970s, Scientologists infiltrated the IRS and stole confidential documents in what was termed "Operation Snow White". Eleven high-ranking Scientologists, including Hubbard's wife Mary Sue Hubbard, served time in federal prison for acts surrounding this operation. This was followed by internal restructuring worldwide to prevent the recurrence of such acts.

In the early 1990s, church leaders David Miscavige and Mark Rathbun visited with the IRS in Washington, DC to negotiate a settlement in an effort to gain tax-exempt status. On August 24, 1992, Scientology's Church of Spiritual Technology (CST) traded to the federal government a vault built at Trementina Base. Though CST had paid over $250,000 for the property in 1986 and had invested millions in development of the property according to the Federal Register record, CST traded it to the government, vault included, for a similar parcel of land in the same New Mexico county valued at only $28,000.

On October 1, 1993 the IRS formally announced that the Church of Scientology and its corporate entities had been granted tax exemption again. The settlement document was sealed by the IRS, but it was leaked to, and subsequently published by the New York Times. The New York Times also stated in a March 9, 1997 article that, in its efforts to obtain tax-exempt status, Scientologists paid private investigators to obtain compromising material on the IRS commissioner.

I'll bet my arm and leg that this thread is gonna get closed by scientology. God that church sickens me.

I think for the most part things continue to go on for them. They still practice the same slave labor techniques that you can read about. They're still actively engaging in thought reprograming/brainwashing. You can read about the techniques used here, as originally layed out by Hubbart . Heck look at that author of the book about Tom Cruise is being sued into oblivion and Scientologist lawyers banning the book in Europe.

Granted they haven't had any Mcpherson esque incident lately, but that doesn't mean that they haven't gotten people killed by taking them off antidepresants, or seizure medication, because they probably have, lately.

Yes, Christianity and other religions have never done that. Never.

Saying the "probably have" isn't proof of anything. That's an assumption.

[This message deleted due to a copyright claim by Church of Scientology International]

:cwink::cwink::cwink:

They know where you live.

Anyone have $1500 I can borrow?

Weither or not Religions have done similar things, prior or current, is beside the point.

As far as 2 publicized cases of Narconon causing the death of someone, recently, it's there, search it up. The fact that they remove people from life saving medication, or depressants, is enough to make the assumption pretty valid, especially considering that there's a precedent for it, and that Narcanon believes in making you go cold turkey, instantly. Seizure medication, anti depressions, traditional scitzo treatment, none of that is allowed by Narcanon, in favor of water and vitamines... which has no medical grounding in reality, and it is dangerous to those they are trying to cure who have mental illness, which is 1 of the 2 main groups Narconon targets, that and drug addicts.

"lol but other religions have done that to" isn't the point. :|

I just find it funny that "Scientology Kills" is some big headline when every religion kills.

I guess that's why it just doesn't shock me like it does some other people. Compared to some other religions history of death and killing, Scientology is child's play.

Weither or not Religions have done similar things, prior or current, is beside the point.

As far as 2 publicized cases of Narconon causing the death of someone, recently, it's there, search it up. The fact that they remove people from life saving medication, or depressants, is enough to make the assumption pretty valid, especially considering that there's a precedent for it, and that Narcanon believes in making you go cold turkey, instantly. Seizure medication, anti depressions, traditional scitzo treatment, none of that is allowed by Narcanon, in favor of water and vitamines... which has no medical grounding in reality, and it is dangerous to those they are trying to cure who have mental illness, which is 1 of the 2 main groups Narconon targets, that and drug addicts.

"lol but other religions have done that to" isn't the point. :|

Why isn't it valid to point out other religions do the same thing? Some Christians won't allow loved ones to get proper medical treatment as well, saying their prayers will heal the person. I really don't understand why so many people are so against Scientology and it's really a recent trend, pretty much just since Tom Cruise started talking it up, everyone jumped on the "I hate Scientology" bandwagon. Y'know the best way to combat it though, stop paying attention, ignore Tom's rants and raves, giving him more press will just fuel him. Tom Cruise is no different than a Pat Robertson really.

I just find it funny that "Scientology Kills" is some big headline when every religion kills.

I actually think this thread should have a different title as well, which was part of the reason I tried to get Malice to merge this thread with the other one, but oh well. There is the anti-Scientology site http://www.scientology-kills.org/ , but I don't think that was the point of the thread title.

Even though Scientology is guilty of lots of illegal activities and is responsible for some tragic deaths through neglect, the group obviously doesn't set out to kill its members. A better title would be "Scientology controversy" or something like that.

Really I was just going for a thread title that might grab peoples attention. I'd have no problem with it bing merged with that other thread, or given a new title. My intent wasn't to draw parallels to religions, but to inform people who might think that Scientology is harmless, maybe I should have gone with a different title.

People hating Scientology isn't a recent thing, and I don't understand why someone could say "I don't understand why the ate for Scientology is so strong" unless they'e uninformed, which is the reason why people are spreading all of this in the fist place.

The worst thing that can happen is that people aren't aware of their crimes, and no, Religions having commited similar crimes in the past or present, doesn't make Scientologies 'ok'. :huh: Not to mention tat their crimes of using real world brainwashing techniques (not just indoctrination), and supporting child labor, henously exploiting their less fortunate members (which you can read about in the OP), and using legal ninjitsu to crush their critics and oponents, are things done in recent times, and are perpetuated to this day.

But, despite what was previously said, there is a difference between the way Scientology operates and the way other modern mainstream religions operate. Regardless of whatever happened historically in Medieval times or whenever, most modern religions can be researched, explored, tested and criticized without cost or fear of persecution from those religions.

The Church of Scientology behaves more like a secretive, litigious, bullying corporation than a religion.

Exactly, brevity isn't my strong point. :o

Ha, scientology. I was in Austin a few weeks ago, and there is a huge base of their's there. A friend of mine dared me to go inside, so I went in to it saying that Im very interested. After a half hour of talking with them, I told them some things that aren't very "nice" about where they should go and how they should "go". Good fun...

Ha, scientology. I was in Austin a few weeks ago, and there is a huge base of their's there. A friend of mine dared me to go inside, so I went in to it saying that Im very interested. After a half hour of talking with them, I told them some things that aren't very "nice" about where they should go and how they should "go". Good fun...

Careful, hopefully you didnt give them your name.

Capital punishment of a church and state government back in the middle ages doesn't match up to stalkings and executions in the modern western world. Sorry. :down

Most religions in the modern world have been granted their status as a Religion, in terms of legal considerations, through their merits as one.... not sueing and blackmailling top IRS employees, after the IRS rightly so deemed that Scientology was not applicable for tax exemption under the grounds of being a Religion, when they were in fact not, and thus not applicable for tax exemption.

Whats the big deal with Scientology anyway?

It's clearly a front for illegal activity and a means of tax evasion. L. Ron Hubbard HIMSELF stole $200 million from his own church, and then died in hiding, hunted down by his own followers. Others have died for trying to leave/threatening to expose a wrongdoing.

Look in the ORIGINAL thread for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"