Scott Porter IS Superman ?

This Porter dude just does not have the required chin to play Superman. Now Routh, that's Superman!

portersign.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

Okay, here are a couple of pics from when I met Porter today at Wizard World. Porter said signing the comic book was a fruitless endeavor, but I did it anyway. He made a joke about how he would buy everyone drinks if he became superman.

The Aquaman conversation began with me listing off the roles revealed on iesb.net today. He then asked "Do you watch Heroes?" I answered yes and he then went on to say that while auditioning he heard that Issac the painter from Heroes is up for the role of Aquaman.

He also told me that he tested for the role of the Flash. Disappointment filled his face as he told me Adam Brody beat him for the part and that he got a call about it yesterday. Porter told me he had until Sunday to hear about any casting, but he made it clear that it would be a miracle for anything to happen now.

Porter was also completely surprised about the Supes rumor. I was the first to even tell him about it as no one at the con had asked him yet. Everytime I called him Clark or Superman, he would just laugh and say "don't buy into the rumors."

thanks for clearing it up Ozy :up:

thequestion (User)

Fresh Boarder

Re:Warner getting Ready to Announce Some JLA Details 34 Minutes ago Karma: 0
Porter sounded very honest. He commented about how he respected George Miller's decision and that Miller knows what he's doing.

The only slightly fishy thing was when he signed the comic book. He read aloud what he was writing. He began to sign it and said "maybe I am." There was a pause, and then he nodded and said "maybe I'm not." It's kind of hard to explain how it was weird without having actually heard it and seen his gestures.

I guess we could draw the conclusion that any major casting will be done soon since Porter told me his deadline to hear anything was Sunday. Thats the only indication I could get on an upcoming cast announcement from him.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=170&func=view&catid=20&id=4986#4986

This guy certainly has the look. With the right hair and a spot-on suit, he just might nail it. If so, we're looking at the star of MOS.

I'm kind of pissed off that he didn't get a part in this movie. Don't get me wrong, I think he'd make an awful Superman, but I would have like to see him in SOME Super Hero role. Oh well, there's always the Green Lantern movie. He could probably pull off playing Hal Jordan.

well sounds like we are possibly getting a short latino actor for supes....sigh...

I don't want this guy anywhere near the role of superman or any other JL character for that matter. Maybe he can play Captain America.

I don't want this guy anywhere near the role of superman or any other JL character for that matter. Maybe he can play Captain America.

That's actually not a bad idea.

^ Yeah where his face is hidden behind a mask and no one can see it.

Someone has already quoted something I posted on the iesb.net forums under my username thequestion. There are some details and observations there if you want to check them out.

If people have actually chosen this Porter dude to play Superman over Welling then most of you guys must be on crack seriously. This guy does not and will not even with make up and major vfx look like any interpretation of superman. It's either Welling, Routh or someone else. How this porter dude is even considered is beyond my understanding.

^Yeah and this porter for superman is waaaaaaay beyond it, it isn't even funny.

If people have actually chosen this Porter dude to play Superman over Welling then most of you guys must be on crack seriously. This guy does not and will not even with make up and major vfx look like any interpretation of superman. It's either Welling, Routh or someone else. How this porter dude is even considered is beyond my understanding.
Eh, Porter has more of the classic Superman features than Welling imo:

Scott_Porter.jpg

Bet you can't find any comic book pictures to compare with Welling. :o

Yes I know. But since the insult is something as silly as this porter dude as superman I decided not to follow it up with an insult. Go on insult away. I'm just giving my opinion of how this porter dude is so not right for superman.

Of course you don't because it's not what you want to hear. Just like a typical newb if someone doesn't agree with your opinion (Scott Porter is going to make a great superman!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:) then you insult and bash them.

Scott_Porter.jpg

this is superman?
better than tom ****ing welling.
i might go see the movie now:woot:

only if you are a teenage girl with raging hormones

And according to Iris from BT, Tom Welling was NEVER part of the equation, which makes sense.

Her opinion has no credibility, since she claimed JL would never happen before 2010 and Miller wouldn't direct it.
as long as welling isint supes I'll go see the movie

I hope you don't get to see the movie.

tom welling has as much acting chops as a wooden board

Shows what you know about acting . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"