Transformers Script????

wait. they threatened to pull out of the movie, meaning no movie. the studio says fine we won't make the movie then and toho caved? that doesn't make sense. why would toho give a **** at that point? i hope i'm reading it wrong...

ragdus said:
wait. they threatened to pull out of the movie, meaning no movie. the studio says fine we won't make the movie then and toho caved? that doesn't make sense. why would toho give a **** at that point? i hope i'm reading it wrong...

The studio probably would have made the movie anyway... but sans the "Godzilla" name. They'd call it something else and cut TOHO off. TOHO really wanted it to happen and had invested almost twenty years of trying to get an American Godzilla movie made with a big American budget.

So yeah, they capitulated. And it ended up hurting them as there was a huge backlash in Japan against TOHO for a couple of years. Not only did they not see the market momentum they sought for the franchise... they had to struggle to regain the fandom.

But Toho isnt Hasbro and Hasbro has a bigger say in the designs than you seem to think. They are banking on this movie to start a new line of toys. Hasbro is right there in the process more than Toho was in Godzilla

roach said:
But Toho isnt Hasbro and Hasbro has a bigger say in the designs than you seem to think. They are banking on this movie to start a new line of toys. Hasbro is right there in the process more than Toho was in Godzilla

How do you know Hasbro is "right in the process?" And how is ther involvement greater than Tojo's was? Tojo's say in the designs was probably even bigger. Toho had a set of like 5 criteria that the movie HAD to follow in terms of design. And they had VETO (VETO!) power over the designs in the movie. When they tried to use a veto... well, I already said what happened.

And, Tojo was banking on Godzilla 98 just as much if not more. The franchise had lost steam and they were looking to give it greater exposure to newer generations.... somewhat regain the American interest Godzilla enjoyed in the U.S. in the late 70's / early 80's (where a Godzilla movie was on every Sunday and every long holiday like Thanksgiving in most syndicated markets).

We don't know what's going on right now between Hasbro and the filmmakers. In fact, if you look at the "official" comments at the time (1997/1998) they're remarkably like the comments coming out today.

CFlash said:
How do you know Hasbro is "right in the process?" And how is ther involvement greater than Tojo's was? Tojo's say in the designs was probably even bigger. Toho had a set of like 5 criteria that the movie HAD to follow in terms of design. And they had VETO (VETO!) power over the designs in the movie. When they tried to use a veto... well, I already said what happened.

And, Tojo was banking on Godzilla 98 just as much if not more. The franchise had lost steam and they were looking to give it greater exposure to newer generations.... somewhat regain the American interest Godzilla enjoyed in the U.S. in the late 70's / early 80's (where a Godzilla movie was on every Sunday and every long holiday like Thanksgiving in most syndicated markets).

We don't know what's going on right now between Hasbro and the filmmakers. In fact, if you look at the "official" comments at the time (1997/1998) they're remarkably like the comments coming out today.

these are two separate companies in two separate situations. Hasbro is involved in this movie. They have toys coming out based on this movie. Based on what I have read from DM's site they are heavily involved. here is a theory from that website...

"I can't reveal the source on this for obvious reasons, but I think this is something theat every fan will want to know, and once they do, I suspect Brian Goldner will move to the top of every fan's hate list. See it turns out that the PTB tried the blocky designs for the movie and they worked. The reason why they were abandoned in such a radical direction: Brian Goldner fdemanded it fearing that more traditional looking movie designs would affect sales of the Classics line, when the movie toys were released."

roach said:
these are two separate companies in two separate situations. Hasbro is involved in this movie. They have toys coming out based on this movie. Based on what I have read from DM's site they are heavily involved. here is a theory from that website...

"I can't reveal the source on this for obvious reasons, but I think this is something theat every fan will want to know, and once they do, I suspect Brian Goldner will move to the top of every fan's hate list. See it turns out that the PTB tried the blocky designs for the movie and they worked. The reason why they were abandoned in such a radical direction: Brian Goldner fdemanded it fearing that more traditional looking movie designs would affect sales of the Classics line, when the movie toys were released."

Dude, you're still taking to heart what comes out of DM? Hasn't that guy been proved a habitual liar like 10 times already.

While it's certainly possibly, I find it hard to believe that the new designs came directly from Hasbro given that they have never put out a visual look like this. No, it's pretty obvious the designs come from Bay and his team... granted, with Hasbro's acquiesense.

Also, Godzilla had lots of toys in the works... and a new cartoon, etc. All of which would have made TOHO richer. Yes, they are different companies. But, parallels are very evident.

I'll just be glad when the movie finally comes out and all the speculation is over. Its like the whole build up to the war with Iraq, we just had to wait a little and now we know more or less what really went down.

Btw, I really hope they release an art book for this movie.

roach said:

He is a little of what hasbro said at the Botcon.

+ When asked about Movie toys: Hasbro is working with movie design team effect toy making process. Aaron Archer worked about 1 and 1/2 months side by side with those guys. That's all he could say.

+ Did the fan reaction to the leaked images surprise them? Didn't surprise Archer. However, he's not sure if Paramount was prepared for how big the problem was.

+ Hasbro wants us to voice our opinions about the movie. >_<

+ Archer has seen about 20 min of stuff from the movie. His non-corporate answer is he really likes what he has scene from the movie.
Also on the DM boards once mentioned that Simon Furman was suppose to have been brought in a consultant and Simon confirmed that they never even approached him on this project.

CFlash said:
Dude, you're still taking to heart what comes out of DM? Hasn't that guy been proved a habitual liar like 10 times already.

While it's certainly possibly, I find it hard to believe that the new designs came directly from Hasbro given that they have never put out a visual look like this. No, it's pretty obvious the designs come from Bay and his team... granted, with Hasbro's acquiesense.

Also, Godzilla had lots of toys in the works... and a new cartoon, etc. All of which would have made TOHO richer. Yes, they are different companies. But, parallels are very evident.

and this is where your hatred of the guys working on this film comes out. Did I say that DM said that? No. I said someone posted that on his site. It is hard for you to believe because you just want to rake the coals over Bay.

What is the damned obsession with GODZILLA?

Interesting bit about Bay:

http://superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10309929&postcount=4

As for Bay? "There's nonstop screaming, changing his mind, and blaming of everyone else for his mistakes," says the head of a film division, adding that these things are made worse by the fact that Bay is hardly as talented as Mann. "He's mean to everybody," says a marketing exec. "He always apologizes afterward, but it's still awful." A fellow director sums it up best: "I could be his brother-in-law and people wouldn't hesitate to overtly tell me, 'I hate that guy.'"

DOG LIPS said:
Interesting bit about Bay:

http://superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10309929&postcount=4

As for Bay? "There's nonstop screaming, changing his mind, and blaming of everyone else for his mistakes," says the head of a film division, adding that these things are made worse by the fact that Bay is hardly as talented as Mann. "He's mean to everybody," says a marketing exec. "He always apologizes afterward, but it's still awful." A fellow director sums it up best: "I could be his brother-in-law and people wouldn't hesitate to overtly tell me, 'I hate that guy.'"

I dont have to like the dude..I just watch his movies.

roach said:
I dont have to like the dude..I just watch his movies.
Yeah, it doesn't matter that he's a jackass behind the camera, it just matters what you pay money to watch. It just hurts the films in many people's eyes when the director is an ass. But I guess if you like the art it shouldn't matter if the artist is a bastard face. *Shrug*

DOG LIPS said:
Yeah, it doesn't matter that he's a jackass behind the camera, it just matters what you pay money to watch. It just hurts the films in many people's eyes when the director is an ass. But I guess if you like the art it shouldn't matter if the artist is a bastard face. *Shrug*

you guys take this stuff to personally...I've read that Spielburg is a dick too...should I not watch his movies because of his personality????

roach said:
you guys take this stuff to personally...I've read that Spielburg is a dick too...should I not watch his movies because of his personality????
I never said I wouldn't watch Bay's movies because he's a jerk. Stop twisting my words, I didn't write that article, you nasty bug! *Gets Raid* :cmad:

DOG LIPS said:
I never said I wouldn't watch Bay's movies because he's a jerk. Stop twisting my words, I didn't write that article, you nasty bug! *Gets Raid* :cmad:

RAID!!!!!!!!!!!!:wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"