Transformers Movie Reporter on the TF Script

WalkingDead

Sidekick
Reaction score
The Movie Reporter also got their hands on the same TF Script as Latino Review. The script is months old and FOUR revisions ago. Supposedly the story is still roughly the same.

I know I put this in the Script Review Thread, but the more I thought about it...this deserves it's own thread.
LINK:
http://www.iesb.net/dreamworks2006/052106.php

Megatron is NOT a Tank, Gun, or Cannon...he is a Cybertronian Jet. This means we're probably getting something similiar to Cybertron or Energon Megatron....very little G1 for the big, bad Decepticon Leader. Megs also doesn't appear until the 3rd Act of the film, outside a cool flashback from Prime.

well the news about Megs I don't mind at all it leaves the movie for more room for development.

deathshead2 said:
well the news about Megs I don't mind at all it leaves the movie for more room for development.

I do mind it.
The main reason why is because, if he gets no real development outside a flashback and his name muttered here and there, then he shows up in the 3rd Act as a "final boss" type villain, then we're getting nothing more than a BIG BAD GUY who shows up to only get defeated. It's like playing a video game where the main villain is hinted at, talked about, but only shows up once and at the very end and he's beaten and that's it, game over. This huge villain turns out to be nothing more than cannon fodder for the story. The final boss that does nothing but loose.

WalkingDead said:
I do mind it.
The main reason why is because, if he gets no real development outside a flashback and his name muttered here and there, then he shows up in the 3rd Act as a "final boss" type villain, then we're getting nothing more than a BIG BAD GUY who shows up to only get defeated. It's like playing a video game where the main villain is hinted at, talked about, but only shows up once and at the very end and he's beaten and that's it, game over. This huge villain turns out to be nothing more than cannon fodder for the story. The final boss that does nothing but loose.

Bingo:up:

But I kind of think this has changed. Since we've basically been told Megs is a tank now. So hopefully this appearance in the third act **** has changed.

WalkingDead said:
I do mind it.
<snip>It's like playing a video game where the main villain is hinted at, talked about, but only shows up once and at the very end and he's beaten and that's it, game over. This huge villain turns out to be nothing more than cannon fodder for the story. The final boss that does nothing but loose.

Dude, this is Michael Bay. All his movies are like video games. This is the same guy that brought you the most fluffy, cliche ridden, superficial takes on one of our nation's most tragic turning points (Pearl Harbor).

All I expect from this movie is one bad cliche after another. And, who are the actual screenplay writers? Catwoman? The Core? If this movie is even half as good as The Core (which IMHO wasn't "great" but at least better than the schlock that Armageddon was) I'll be surprised.

No, I'm not a Michael Bay hater.... I love Bad Boys. But, the dude does have a knack for making unbelievably mindless movies.

CFlash said:
Dude, this is Michael Bay. All his movies are like video games. This is the same guy that brought you the most fluffy, cliche ridden, superficial takes on one of our nation's most tragic turning points (Pearl Harbor).

All I expect from this movie is one bad cliche after another. And, who are the actual screenplay writers? Catwoman? The Core? If this movie is even half as good as The Core (which wasn't that good but at least entertaining) it'll be a feat.

I know...I know...
But this makes the G1 Fanboy in me shrivel up, cry, and then die.
YES I ADMIT I'M A G1 FANBOY!! And a HUGE Fan of Megatron!

I don't want G1 cartoon or comic redux. I can handle different Alt Modes. I can handle new Characters (even if i prefer old ones), but DAMMIT TO HELL I CAN NOT HANDLE A MEGATRON LIKE THIS!

EDIT:
That felt good to let out.
I seriously would love 'Vortex' being Soundwave and 'Soundwave' being Rumble/Frenzy. I'm cool with new Non-G1 Alt. Modes....I can handle humans getting most of the screentime as long as Prime and Megatron feel like Prime and Megatron. I can handle TF's getting killed by humans, if they are good fight scenes and cool deaths. Just some things IRK ME SO!

WalkingDead said:
I know...I know...
But this makes the G1 Fanboy in me shrivel up, cry, and then die.
YES I ADMIT I'M A G1 FANBOY!! And a HUGE Fan of Megatron!

I don't want G1 cartoon or comic redux. I can handle different Alt Modes. I can handle new Characters (even if i prefer old ones), but DAMMIT TO HELL I CAN NOT HANDLE A MEGATRON LIKE THIS!

EDIT:
That felt good to let out.
I seriously would love 'Vortex' being Soundwave and 'Soundwave' being Rumble/Frenzy. I'm cool with new Non-G1 Alt. Modes....I can handle humans getting most of the screentime as long as Prime and Megatron feel like Prime and Megatron. I can handle TF's getting killed by humans, if they are good fight scenes and cool deaths.

Dude, let it out. I think a lot of fans have resigned themselves to seeing ANY movie billing itself as "Transformers' on the big screen. But, it's never too late to have your voice heard....

As this movie starts to get more press attention a lot more casual-fans are gonna start speaking up... "Hey what happened to that huge guy with the awesome robotic voice that turned into a walkman!.... he was THE BEST!... I still think of him when I look at my iPod!"

A dude in one of the other forums stated it perfectly: "I just kinda think a Transformers movie would benefit from having Transformers in it."

WalkingDead said:
....I can handle humans getting most of the screentime as long as Prime and Megatron feel like Prime and Megatron.

Dude, were you, like, drunk when you typed this?

If you are any kind of a Transformer fan, you will know that the line i quoted above is utter blasphemy!

.....and if you stand by that statement, then you should be publicly flogged til there is about an inch of your life left, and then crucified for the heathenistical statement that you made! :mad:

It's people like you that has Fox studios greenlighting a second 'Alien vs Predator' movie. They raped both these characters in the first one, with the whole 'Human screentime' thing and now they're planning on 'bending them over again for another round of sodomy' in the near future with a sequel.

We as fans are what put money into these studio execs pockets. If we accept 'anything', they'll keep giving us 'anything'. If we don't spend our hard earned cash on these movies, then they'll start to loose money....and that's all they listen to...MONEY LOSS!

Don't accept anything less....the name of the movie is 'The Transformers'. It's not a movie co-starring the Transformers.......

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
Dude, were you, like, drunk when you typed this?

If you are any kind of a Transformer fan, you will know that the line i quoted above is utter blasphemy!

.....and if you stand by that statement, then you should be publicly flogged til there is about an inch of your life left, and then crucified for the heathenistical statement that you made! :mad:

It's people like you that has Fox studios greenlighting a second 'Alien vs Predator' movie. They raped both these characters in the first one, with the whole 'Human screentime' thing and now they're planning on 'bending them over again for another round of sodomy' in the near future with a sequel.

We as fans are what put money into these studio execs pockets. If we accept 'anything', they'll keep giving us 'anything'. If we don't spend our hard earned cash on these movies, then they'll start to loose money....and that's all they listen to...MONEY LOSS!

Don't accept anything less....the name of the movie is 'The Transformers'. It's not a movie co-starring the Transformers.......

I didn't actually MEAN that sentence...the rest I did. But Not that one. LOL. I was jsut caught in the throes of a combo of rage and annoyance. Honestly I couldn't handle watching the humans on the screen more than the TF's.

Now the Alt. Modes and Dying thing...yeah I can handle that. Cause sometimes things have to change, characters have to die. But NO I DON'T WANT TO SEE TRANSFORMERS WITH LOTS OF HUMAN SCREENTIME!!! NO NO NO!!!!

HOWEVER...I stand by the rest of what I said. And I'M A HUGE TRANSFORMERS fan, Have been since I was 5 years old. They are a huge passion and source of Inspiration for me as an artist.

Well maybe megs is doing other things at the time everything is going on. I don't think he likes getting his hands dirty for grunt work so when OP shows up and kicks all the deceptacons asses Megs steps in to fight his rival. sort of like the way the new comic is doing it show everything else first to the new viewers development and stuff.Then bring in Megs for the final fight if you bring Megs in to soon when the final fight will be lame like with spiderman, and spiderman2 failed that way for not doing the final fights very well IMO.

Well, I like the way Spidey 2 was done. A lot. The overblown "final fight" thing is soooooooo cliche. What would you have preferred? Spidey kick Doc Ock so silly, he finally saw the error of his ways? No, Spidey 2 took a more original and thoughtful route.

I commend Raimi and the writers for having the imagination to come up with an original story.

deathshead2 said:
Well maybe megs is doing other things at the time everything is going on. I don't think he likes getting his hands dirty for grunt work so when OP shows up and kicks all the deceptacons asses Megs steps in to fight his rival. sort of like the way the new comic is doing it show everything else first to the new viewers development and stuff.Then bring in Megs for the final fight if you bring Megs in to soon when the final fight will be lame like with spiderman, and spiderman2 failed that way for not doing the final fights very well IMO.

I can understand that...but from the script review it semes like we'll NOT even see Megatron at all until suddenly he appears. That just seems so lame to me. I cna handle it if they put him in like 2-3 short scenes with him commanding the 'Cons or planning things out or (hopefully) fighting the weaker Autobots before his big intro. I just think it's such a waste to not see/hear him until he suddenly appears in the final moments of the film.

CFlash said:
Well, I like the way Spidey 2 was done. A lot. The overblown "final fight" thing is soooooooo cliche. What would you have preferred? Spidey kick Doc Ock so silly, he finally saw the error of his ways? No, Spidey 2 took a more original and thoughtful route.

I commend Raimi and the writers for having the imagination to come up with an original story.

I agree here, a lot. Spider-Man 2 was really good with Doc Ock, IMO.

As long as Bay is directing it, I have no faith. I hope I´m proven wrong, but I probably won´t...

ultimatefan said:
As long as Bay is directing it, I have no faith. I hope I´m proven wrong, but I probably won´t...

Considering The Island was a certified box flop, he might be seriously looking to redeem himself.

I have no beef with Bay... Anyway so far it sounds like it has a good foundation there, just hopefully they tweak the script a little.

I think Bay is making good job with TF. He has enough information about Transformers.

I think with 4th July this film will make huge opening, about $75-85m. Even 20th Century Fox was afraid and changed release date of FF2.

Not much that we didn't know,I like the sound of a lot of it but still some things are uncertain at this point although i expect Megaton to remain a Jet given that they have special use of this new Stealth Raptor

ultimatefan said:
Yeah, because we all want a big emotional story with the GIANT ROBOTS crying and having deep GIANT ROBOTS relations. No action at all. I want the director of Titanic for an AMAZING GIANT ROBOT LOVE STORY.

I mean who wants a big budget action flick with GIANT ROBOTS? All the true fans want this to be emotion filled.

TheCardPlayer said:
Yeah, because we all want a big emotional story with the GIANT ROBOTS crying and having deep GIANT ROBOTS relations. No action at all. I want the director of Titanic for an AMAZING GIANT ROBOT LOVE STORY.

I mean who wants a big budget action flick with GIANT ROBOTS? All the true fans want this to be emotion filled.

As for me, i want very good summer blockbuster withGiant Robots, enough action and excellent CGI, with not bad acting and not bad script.

I want something like LOITR or Star Wars with Giant robots!

Cinemaman said:
As for me, i want very good summer blockbuster withGiant Robots, enough action and excellent CGI, with not bad acting and not bad script.

I want something like LOITR or Star Wars with Giant robots!
That's what you are getting according to every script review.

TheCardPlayer said:

While i agree with your overall point the Director of Titanic would have been awesome for this
icon12.gif

Cinemaman said:
Every TF's script review???

There have been two Script Reviews so far of a 4 months old TF Movie script. Both reviews say that the script in-and-of itself is good with lots of action, explosion, and cool scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"