Transformers Script????

Bloodsword

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok, So the script was leaked online a while back. I have not read it for two reasons. One, I would like the actual story to remain somewhat of a surprise, and two I do not want to ruin the experience if it is bad. I will wait until I sit in the theater to make that decision. But are we positive that the version online was the final script? Or that changes have not been made? I have read some parts, and try not to read to many more script spoilers.
I am a die hard transformer fan. Have been since 1984, when I was 10. I have every issue of the original comics, and the dream wave series, as well as the full DVD sets. I have a friggin Decepticon Symbol tattooed on my arm, and I cried, Yes I CRIED during TF the movie when Prime died.
I am hopeful that this movie will not disappoint, but at the same time I am terrified of the possibility they will make it suck.
I knew the designs would change, I hope not too much, but every incarnation of the Transformers has gone through changes. Prime I like, Megatron and Starscream...well....I am keeping my fingers crossed they change.
Now I know not everyone will be happy. Hell, Spider-man has had 2 great films, yet you can always find many people who can pick them apart. We are already picking TF apart and it does not come out for another 9 months.
I remember being pissed about the organic Web shooters in Spider-man, but by the time the movie was over, I had not given it a second thought, because the movie was great. I am hoping Bay can make me forget the changes, I will be hard, do to me being a rabid fan boy, But I am trying to be optimistic (no pun intended).

Until all are one.

The script is marked Febuary of this year. So I would say one maybe two drafts have come after it. But there wouldn't be major changes to it.

the trailer should show how much change was made to it.....

not that i want to know..........too much spoiling.

Hey Bloodsword...welcome. I'm with you on being a lifetime Transformers fan...cept you've got me beat by a few years. All indications point to this movie being a re-imagining of G1. It will look very sleek, pretty but I can't really say anything about the story and character development except that my hope dwindles with each Transformers board I visit. Comments from those who have read the script, Bay's lack of cohesive information and his snide comment about, "Oh, so you're a Transformers fan...so you like big blocky robots eh?" really wear down on optimism for this movie. But we'll see because I'll still be there on 7.4.7 to watch this movie.

Bay: This will be a completely new version of Transformers

do we forget that:o

Bay nailed that point home with that design for Megatron:down

I am with you NoseBleed. The more I read on message boards, and hear comments from Bay, the more I worry. I will be in the theater on opening day regardless. The designs I can live with, there are always updates, (I still hate Megatron and Starsceams look so far). But I have to see them in action. I just hope it is not 100% visual. I want some depth in the characters. And my hope is fading.

I like the script, if there is any complaint, I wish the transformers had some more lines. But that could easily be changed in a revised script, or heck, when they add the transformers cgi in, they can work something out.

I thought the script was alright. It makes several changes to the Transformers mythos (their arrival on Earth, in particular) plus it has a bit of that modern teenage schmaltz feel to it in a couple of scenes, but other than that, the portrayal of the Transformers themselves is quite faithful, especially Optimus Prime. Which is good enough for me.

you are going to see Bay's sheer boneheadedness through this movie. I cant think of one thing positive to say about any of the designs, well I take that back, at least Optimus is a truck. This movie is just a cash in on a franchise that Bay has no real knowledge of. I dont put past any of you people on this forum that you all could make a better movie.

yeah its all about the designs...... which bay ****ed up....

he knows nothing of TF and did no research on it..

xwolverine2 said:

Welcome to the dark side

Avangarde X said:
Welcome to the dark side

Yeah, and now his posts will consist of "omg they gave them toes, couldn't they have at least painted them, lol" or, "omfg why aren't the exact decals on the robots, omfg, ruined!"

its called sarcasm..................... jeez

xwolverine2 said:
nobody laughed...............jeez

in your mind...they didn't....but everyone laughed at you...cheez whiz

By any chance can anyone send me a copy of the leaked script? If you can PM me and I'll send you my e-mail adress. Thanks.

zer00 said:
The script is marked Febuary of this year. So I would say one maybe two drafts have come after it. But there wouldn't be major changes to it.

LOL...that's hilarious...
And couldn't be farther from the truth. :)

xwolverine2 said:

and Hasbro also approved of also

Hasbro knows nothing about Transformers either then.

TOHO also eventually approved of Godzilla 98 after trying very hard to get the filmmakers to remain more faithful. They threatened to veto the movie and the studio said "fine... screw you... we won't make the movie." And TOHO relented.

"Approval" doesn't mean jack s*** unless you know what has happened behind the scenes. Hasbro isn't in the moviemaking business... I'm sure they're blindly deferring to Bay and his people to "do the right thing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"