Transformers Movie Reporter on the TF Script

WalkingDead said:
There have been two Script Reviews so far of a 4 months old TF Movie script. Both reviews say that the script in-and-of itself is good with lots of action, explosion, and cool scenes.

But are they real or fake?

Cinemaman said:
But are they real or fake?
So far...they've been proven real. That's at least all that I've heard.

Unless something brand-new just got revealed saying they are fake....then they are reviews of a 4 months old script.

WalkingDead said:
So far...they've been proven real. That's at least all that I've heard.

Unless something brand-new just got revealed saying they are fake....then they are reviews of a 4 months old script.

I think some parts were changed in script after those reviews.

Cinemaman said:
Well they HAVE to have changed...the script is 4 months old. But that doesn't mean that a lot of it will not hold true, or that many of the action sequences have been altered a lot.

More than likely, all they changed was dropped out a sub-plot, add a new sub-plot, change dialogue, tweek dialogue, and/or adjust the ending. But the core of that script is probably still there.

WalkingDead said:
Well they HAVE to have changed...the script is 4 months old. But that doesn't mean that a lot of it will not hold true, or that many of the action sequences have been altered a lot.

More than likely, all they changed was dropped out a sub-plot, add a new sub-plot, change dialogue, tweek dialogue, and/or adjust the ending. But the core of that script is probably still there.

I think they changed abot 35-45% of script.

Cinemaman said:

I`m pretty sure that is simply the way they work with a lot of film projects which have a fanbase. They leak the early script see what the reaction is and go from there.

I dont' mind who directs the movie... what i do mind is Bay messing around with the formula of the greatest cartoon of all time I mean Megatron as a Jet jeez a monkey could do a better job than that they may as well call it "super-Crappy-Onimusha- Transaformatons" for all its worth cause this movie isn't gonna be Transformers. See my view is that nowdays people can just slap a household name on a movie, do whatever they want with it and think it will become an instant smash hit well bay i got news for you. If this is what your gonna do to this fanchise you can kiss your directing days goodbye

In2Minds said:
I dont' mind who directs the movie... what i do mind is Bay messing around with the formula of the greatest cartoon of all time I mean Megatron as a Jet jeez a monkey could do a better job than that they may as well call it "super-Crappy-Onimusha- Transaformatons" for all its worth cause this movie isn't gonna be Transformers. See my view is that nowdays people can just slap a household name on a movie, do whatever they want with it and think it will become an instant smash hit well bay i got news for you. If this is what your gonna do to this fanchise you can kiss your directing days goodbye

Calm down. Thye haven`t suggested anything ridiculously outlandish or insulting to the original mythos. There are a couple of minor niggles which we have with a 4 month old script. I mean compare the vast amount of similarities and connections of the new movie and the original series to the drastic changes the x-men idea, setup and characters experienced when they changed it into a movie. Be thankful they are being more faithful to the source material than fox and Bryan Singer. If they had made it you would get hugh jackman as optimus. Leather uniforms for the transformers and the addition of them being robots made by nasa to make it more "realistic".

Iceburgeruk said:
Calm down. Thye haven`t suggested anything ridiculously outlandish or insulting to the original mythos. There are a couple of minor niggles which we have with a 4 month old script. I mean compare the vast amount of similarities and connections of the new movie and the original series to the drastic changes the x-men idea, setup and characters experienced when they changed it into a movie. Be thankful they are being more faithful to the source material than fox and Bryan Singer. If they had made it you would get hugh jackman as optimus. Leather uniforms for the transformers and the addition of them being robots made by nasa to make it more "realistic".

I highly disagree with this post.

I think X-Men was extremely reverential. In fact, how Singer managed to turn a comic into a GREAT "Sci - Fi" movie was pure genius. AND he managed to hit every single important beat of the comic. Had Bay made X-Men he would have left out Cerebro like he's leaving out Teletran 1. Wolverines mutant power would be his claws (because the whole healing thing and where the heck did the claws come from thing is hard to explain) just like Bay is leaving out mass-changing (doh! One of the if not THE most popular Transformer.... SOUNDWAVE.... butchered). I could go on.

Should I comment about the environment and energy issues of the original Transformers. No, this movie doesn't seem to be about that. Go watch Al Gore's movie instead. This movie is about the quest for a holy grail artifact that crashed on Earth known as The Energon Cube (WTF?).

WTF energon is bountiful on earth in G1 in fact Megatron and the other decepticons try to drain it all before Prime stops them so why would this one energon cube be so special

Iceburgeruk said:

They Have suggested anything ridiculous have you been reading this thread right MEGATRON IS A JET????? WTF No megatron as a wolfram p2k with the power of a bazooka preferably megatron as a tank i wouldn't mind but a Jet? i mean come on if he is indeed a jet in the final script draft then how is he any different from the other decepticons? Because as we all know every decepticon bar megatron and soundwave in the original series was a plane

In2Minds said:
WTF energon is bountiful on earth in G1 in fact Megatron and the other decepticons try to drain it all before Prime stops them so why would this one energon cube be so special

Yeah. Energon Cubes were nothing more than batteries created by Soundwave to store Earth's natural resources. There is no such thing as The Energon Cube... the concept is downright stupid. Others suggested calling this holy grail "The Creation Matrix"... I don't disagree with that.... but, it's still STUPID (in a "realistic movie" such as this). This movie should be all about protecting Earth's environment and natural resources from rape and destruction from the Decepticons.

Imagine the X-Men move was all about finding the "Magic Crystal of Ancient Cyttorak" that made Juggernaut the way he is. Come on.

CFlash said:
I highly disagree with this post.

I think X-Men was extremely reverential. In fact, how Singer managed to turn a comic into a GREAT "Sci - Fi" movie was pure genius. AND he managed to hit every single important beat of the comic. Had Bay made X-Men he would have left out Cerebro like he's leaving out Teletran 1. Wolverines mutant power would be his claws (because the whole healing thing and where the heck did the claws come from thing is hard to explain) just like Bay is leaving out mass-changing (doh! One of the if not THE most popular Transformer.... SOUNDWAVE.... butchered). I could go on.

Should I comment about the environment and energy issues of the original Transformers. No, this movie doesn't seem to be about that. Go watch Al Gore's movie instead. This movie is about the quest for a holy grail artifact that crashed on Earth known as The Energon Cube (WTF?).

Bay has left out mass changing but the recent rumors are that the dwarf decepticon will not be soundwave and that soundwave might be left till later. soundwave won`t be able to size change most likely but he`ll prob end up being a helicopter or something.

I find it hilarious though how people whine about a few changes but then i compare this film to x-men and suddenly its all different. Apparrantly x-men being different from the comic makes sense and makes it great. But transformers the movie differeing from the series it a crime against life itself. At least try and make a cohesive arguement.

CFlash said:
Yeah. Energon Cubes were nothing more than batteries created by Soundwave to store Earth's natural resources. There is no such thing as The Energon Cube... the concept is downright stupid. Others suggested calling this holy grail "The Creation Matrix"... I don't disagree with that.... but, it's still STUPID (in a "realistic movie" such as this). This movie should be all about protecting Earth's environment and natural resources from rape and destruction from the Decepticons.

Imagine the X-Men move was all about finding the "Magic Crystal of Ancient Cyttorak" that made Juggernaut the way he is. Come on.

I know in the series they found power plants and such starsream attivated the NOAL? ( i think ) Ray and drained it into soundwave energon cubes there was no difinitive energon cube that was all powerful in fact the only all powerful object was The matrix now if they showed in a flashback how optimus became optimus and how he came to posses the Matrix then that would be cool to the rest WTF???...

And to think i was really looking forward to seeing the Constructicons and Desvasator but i guess that just not gonna happen :( :down

im telling you,

the more i read the less this should be called Transformers, and be called 'Giant Robots" or hell, i wouldnt mind if they just said **** it and called it "Challenge of the Go-Bots"

gkokujin said:
im telling you,

the more i read the less this should be called Transformers, and be called 'Giant Robots" or hell, i wouldnt mind if they just said **** it and called it "Challenge of the Go-Bots"

don't get giving Bay ideas lol:)

In2Minds said:
don't get giving Bay ideas lol:)

Frankly I'd be happier if they sneaked in Cy-Kill into this movie to give Megatron a hard time. Then at least the movie would be interesting.
And I'd be able to let go of the idea that this movie would actually be good and I'd enjoy it as pure mindless schlock for laughs.

even if the script is butchered im still gonna watch the movie as ive wanted to see the Transofrmers beat the crap out of each other on the big screen for ages my only hope is that what wev'e read isn't the final script and we get to see the constructicons

In2Minds said:
even if the script is butchered im still gonna watch the movie as ive wanted to see the Transofrmers beat the crap out of each other on the big screen for ages my only hope is that what wev'e read isn't the final script and we get to see the constructicons

Me too (maybe)... but definately no repeat viewing for me. I usually go to these "long awaited" movies three times. Once with friends... once with the girlfriend (whose a geek and loves this stuff).... and once with my daughter and the girlfriend.

I suspect I'm not the only one. If Bay trashes this movie he can expect complete LACKLUSTER performance akin to The Hulk.

But, then as long as they make some money, I don't think Don Murphey or Bay really care. They're not aiming for the super-duper X-Men/Spider-Man (and Incredibles and King Kong) blockbuster here.

They've pretty much said as much. Hopefully Steven Spielberg will step in at some point and smack them around (he's a pretty hands-on Exec Producer).

There's a reason in the script why Megatron is a alien aircraft. He's found in an iceberg at the beginning and spend most of the film in a laboratory being studied. So of course, he couldn't scan a vehicle here to take it's form.

And Spielberg actually pushed for removing most action and concentrating on Sam and his car. So don't trust him.

They've pretty much said as much. Hopefully Steven Spielberg will step in at some point and smack them around (he's a pretty hands-on Exec Producer).
[/QUOTE]

i can imagine that:

Speilberg: *Slap bay hard in the face* do you want people to see you as the guy who ruined Transformers?

Bay:*whimpers" No sir

Speilberg: get it right then b1tch!:mad: :)

TheCardPlayer said:
There's a reason in the script why Megatron is a alien aircraft. He's found in an iceberg at the beginning and spend most of the film in a laboratory being studied. So of course, he couldn't scan a vehicle here to take it's form.

And Spielberg actually pushed for removing most action and concentrating on Sam and his car. So don't trust him.

I know about the "Boy and his car part." But, "Removing most action?" Where did that leap come from? You sure about that? Is that a leap based on a Don Murphy rumor? I wouldn't believe a word that guy says.

I don't doubt Spielberg's original theme for this movie was a "Boy and his car".... just like Jurassic Park was about "Kids and Dinosaurs".... and he pulled off quite a terror filled action movie there. How that guy balances terror and general family friendliness in the same movie is beyond me (Poltergeist also comes to mind). The guy is a genius.

Bay... not so much.

Bay is a wizard with action scenes. And he will be perfect for giant robots that transform into vehicles.

i can imagine that:

Speilberg: *Slap bay hard in the face* do you want people to see you as the guy who ruined Transformers?

Bay:*whimpers" No sir

Speilberg: get it right then b1tch!:mad: :)[/quote]Well he would really be the second guy to ruin transfomers sense the japanise already beat him to it my a few years with energon.

In anything, go to Don Murphy's board. Everybody there was kinda rough about the film but the screenwriter answered a bunch of questions and it will get your hopes up...trust me.

The tone has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"