Transformers Movie Reporter on the TF Script

In2Minds said:
i can imagine that:

Speilberg: *Slap bay hard in the face* do you want people to see you as the guy who ruined Transformers?

Bay:*whimpers" No sir

Speilberg: get it right then b1tch!

Well, he's been known (rumored?) to do just that. Poltergeist was being directed by the guy who did Texas Chainsaw Massacre (don't get me wrong I'm a fan)...while Spielberg exec produced. But, if you watch that movie, it has Spielberg's fingerprints ALL OVER IT. It oozes Spielberg... and it's a terrific movie for it (one of my fave movies- period- of all time).

Though I'm sure he didn't co-opt the following to the same extent as Poltergeist (is rumored)... his "touch" is quite evident in stuff like Batteries Not Included, Joe vs Volcano (another great movie) and even more recently Men in Black... all exec produced by him but not directed.

There's no denying that even as a producer, he excercises quite a bit of influence. It's just obvious.

CFlash said:
Well, he's been known (rumored?) to do just that. Poltergeist was being directed by the guy who did Texas Chainsaw Massacre (don't get me wrong I'm a fan)...while Spielberg exec produced. But, if you watch that movie, it has Spielberg's fingerprints ALL OVER IT. It oozes Spielberg... and it's a terrific movie for it (one of my fave movies- period- of all time).

Though I'm sure he didn't co-opt the following to the same extent as Poltergeist (is rumored)... his "touch" is quite evident in stuff like Batteries Not Included, Joe vs Volcano (another great movie) and even more recently Men in Black... all exec produced by him but not directed.

There's no denying that even as a producer, he excercises quite a bit of influence. It's just obvious.

Yes so very true, i've noticed that whenever i see movies he's only produced. they still seem to have that spielberg feel to it.

Im still waiting for this movie before i get too upset, cause so far its not sounding good but im hoping all will be good come july 4th 2007.

I'm worried about it.

It might read as an good action/sci-fi movie but all this nonsense about the Decepticons(who overall I prefer to the Autobots as characters) not speaking very much and being drones is pretty crappy. Starscream having 2 lines?! That's absurd.

And there better not be a lot of unneccesary deaths!:mad: Transformers fix themselves all the time. I expect one or two to bite it but they better not kill Megatron or Optimus!

Casius--J said:
Yes so very true, i've noticed that whenever i see movies he's only produced. they still seem to have that spielberg feel to it.

Im still waiting for this movie before i get too upset, cause so far its not sounding good but im hoping all will be good come july 4th 2007.

I think Spielberg will help the movie. The guys goes from funny family fun to serious and sometimes too-serious subject matter like a virtuoso. He's brilliant. And I think he'll ensure this movie has the "right feel", and right thrust.

Heck, I went in thinking MIB (produced, not directed by him) would be just a stupid comedy and it turned out to be one of the best sci-fi movies I've ever seen. Then he makes AI... I know a lot people didn't like it.... but I happen to think it's one of the best most thought-provoking Sci-Fi movies ever.

I have way more faith in him than I do Bay (who I think is one of the worst things to happen to Hollywood).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"