search fixed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joseph_Freefall said:
If you're tryin to reindex right at this moment, I have a feeling it still won't work, Mirko. Right now, there are 1,191 users on the board, counting guests (living and bots). So that means the database is trying to reindex a 400-meg search index while servicing 1,191 users (not exactly at once, of course :\).

But now I think it is possible to complete the indexing without closing the board. You'll have to take note of which post number the reindexing stopped at last and the next time you start it, have it start at that post. You could give that a shot if that isn't what you're already doing, Mirk.

K man, will keep that in mind. Thanks.

It's an expression....

Take as many different roads/paths as you like, but sooner or later you're gonna have to eat humble pie. It's all very prodigal son-ish. The suggestion was made to shut down the forums from looong ago.

it's like when after years of drug abuse and promiscuous sex, Jenny finally went home to Forrest. :)

then gave him AIDS and died

Lackey said:
it's like when after years of drug abuse and promiscuous sex, Jenny finally went home to Forrest. :)

then gave him AIDS and died
Yeah, I hope Mike gets AIDS and dies as well:up:

My bet is that there will be a proclamation that the boards are being discontinued as the april fool's joke.

They scrapped their plans because of me.

They don't have to rebuild for everything. Just rebuild for 365 days, that's more than sufficient. I really do not need to see stuff from 07-23-2004

If it's on the boards, the search should really pick it up...we're not all only gonna be searching our names :o

If I record all your soap operas for you, will you fix the search?

Joseph_Freefall said:
If you're tryin to reindex right at this moment, I have a feeling it still won't work, Mirko. Right now, there are 1,191 users on the board, counting guests (living and bots). So that means the database is trying to reindex a 400-meg search index while servicing 1,191 users (not exactly at once, of course :\).

But now I think it is possible to complete the indexing without closing the board. You'll have to take note of which post number the reindexing stopped at last and the next time you start it, have it start at that post. You could give that a shot if that isn't what you're already doing, Mirk.

I'm thinking Malice must have done something like this because I remember that he did it over the course of a few days (He kept posting the percentage he'd done that day.) and didn't close the boards down to do it.

Whadda know. It was here in tech support all along.

I do have to say, the search function not working is creating more problems of people claiming threads were deleted when they weren't simply because they couldn't find them.

Who do I have to **** around here to get the old smilies back? Christ..

Fix the ****ing search engine. This is your last warning. -- Kipobe

That should get the ball rolling. :o

Lackey said:
Even slacker Mike would've fixed the search by now :(
If you disappear can I have your Journey's Greatest Hits album? :(:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads