search fixed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... about 9 months ago, Superhero Mike! :mad:

Lackey said:
It seems to work for some things and not for others. For example, I've found that if you search for something really old it can find it, but if you search for something fairly recent like a few months old, it won't find it. Then there are times when a search will bring up nothing when it should have results.

This has been my experience as well, it's like there's a gap that begins somewhere in 2003 and goes up to Jan or Feb of this year. There are things where I KNOW exist and I should be able to find, but can't pull up using the search.

Holly Goodhead said:
I never have a problem with the search.
That's because you don't search... you get someone else to do it for you. :p

Daisy said:
Whadda know. It was here in tech support all along.

I do have to say, the search function not working is creating more problems of people claiming threads were deleted when they weren't simply because they couldn't find them.
I can't remember if that's a good thing or not...

Also, can you see my email address? Plz.

kypade said:
I can't remember if that's a good thing or not...

Also, can you see my email address? Plz.

Yes, I can, but why? :confused:

Do you ever still talk to whats his face? If so, have him email me maybe? kk.

nevermind, that's not even my current email :(

kypade said:
Do you ever still talk to whats his face? If so, have him email me maybe? kk.

To which whats his face are you referring?

You're seriously persuing this conversation?

Daisy said:
To which whats his face are you referring?
I'll let you know once I figure out how to change my email to the correct one so you send him to the right place. But I think you could guess..there's only two people I could be talking bout and it's not that one. :o

I don't wanna play the blame game, but if your name wasn't kypade, I don't think it would've been banned.

Okay, I'm putting an end to this, considering it won't be "fixeable." I've just cleared the search index, so that new searches WILL work, but not anything before today. The server obviously can't handle indexing 8 million posts, so we'll just have to live with that. It's one of the bad things about moving to new servers, but at least it will work starting today again.

Superhero Hype! said:
Okay, I'm putting an end to this, considering it won't be "fixeable." I've just cleared the search index, so that new searches WILL work, but not anything before today. The server obviously can't handle indexing 8 million posts, so we'll just have to live with that. It's one of the bad things about moving to new servers, but at least it will work starting today again.
Good enough. :up:

Manual searches for super-old stuff never killed anyone.

...Has it? :(

Superhero Hype! said:
...and to make up for not being able to fix the search engine (I'm no Malice :down) I've decided to reward you all with the old smilies from years ago like I promised over and over. Thanks for your patience.
:up:

Thanks for trying, Mirko. Hard to fix this stuff once a database goes corrupt. Especially after changing servers. Sometimes you have to just start from scratch and call it good, like you decided to do. And :up: :up: on the smilies.

jag

jaguarr said:
Thanks for trying, Mirko. Hard to fix this stuff once a database goes corrupt. Especially after changing servers. Sometimes you have to just start from scratch and call it good, like you decided to do. And :up: :up: on the smilies.

jag
Wow, I just heard these loud smooching sounds. Strange.

:p

DOG LIPS said:
Wow, I just heard these loud smooching sounds. Strange.

:p

Then quit kissing your hand. :confused:

jag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"