Secret Invasion Season 1, Episode 4 - Beloved SPOILERS Discussion Thread

I'm very curious where this show fits in the timeline, in relation to The Marvels. We know Fury and Monica are together, in space, in that movie.
The director of this show said the Marvels is after cause he needed to know where to leave Fury at the end for it to make sense.

I seriously doubt that Rhodey has been a Skrull since IW/Endgame. Him being a Skrull in Falcon and the Winter Soldier? Sure, why not. But not before then.

I seriously doubt that Rhodey has been a Skrull since IW/Endgame. Him being a Skrull in Falcon and the Winter Soldier? Sure, why not. But not before then.

Feige has hinted that he's been a Skrull longer than we suspect. I think it makes the most sense to have him become one right after his injury in Civil War. Either that, or sometime during the Blip.

Ya know, this would be their chance to take away Rhodey being paralyzed from waist down prior to Armor Wars. So part of me thinks he will have been a Skrull since before CW. I don't want that to come to pass, but....I can see this happening

Ya know, this would be their chance to take away Rhodey being paralyzed from waist down prior to Armor Wars. So part of me thinks he will have been a Skrull since before CW. I don't want that to come to pass, but....I can see this happening
My only issue with that is it would cheapen his moment in Endgame with Nebula

Yeah called it with Rhodey being a Skrull. I am really curious how long him and Everett Ross have been Skrulls though and more importantly, curious to see where this show goes in the final two episodes.

Yeah called it with Rhodey being a Skrull. I am really curious how long him and Everett Ross have been Skrulls though and more importantly, curious to see where this show goes in the final two episodes.
For Ross, given how little fanfare there was for his reveal and the fact it has yet to be brought up at all in the show, I'm assuming not long. However I feel for it to leave any impact, Rhodey has to have been a Skrull for for much longer.

That's why I was never a fan of Secret Invasion as an event movie. Someone major would have been a Skrull and it would have re-connect a bunch of movies negatively. At least as a show if the worst example of that is Rhodey, I can deal with it since he is a side character. Not optimal, but not gonna rage quit over it

That's why I was never a fan of Secret Invasion as an event movie. Someone major would have been a Skrull and it would have re-connect a bunch of movies negatively. At least as a show if the worst example of that is Rhodey, I can deal with it since he is a side character. Not optimal, but not gonna rage quit over it
It seems to work better in this format. Just hope enough people watch it away from the big screen and mega-event status.

I was thinking for sure they would have Talos losing his shapeshifting ability this episode. In the comics Talos the Untamed cannot shapeshift, and in this story it would be interesting to have Talos of all skrulls lose the ability to blend in with humanity and be forced to live in his own skin. See how that affects his perspective on the idea of the skrulls assimilating into earth's population.

I was thinking for sure they would have Talos losing his shapeshifting ability this episode. In the comics Talos the Untamed cannot shapeshift, and in this story it would be interesting to have Talos of all skrulls lose the ability to blend in with humanity and be forced to live in his own skin. See how that affects his perspective on the idea of the skrulls assimilating into earth's population.
That would be pretty interesting if they go down that route.

My issue with it is, this Skrull in the show is pretty bad at impersonating Rhodey. They've come off way more combative and d**k-ish than Rhodey's ever been (although I guess he was a bit of a d**k to Thor in Endgame lol) making it hard to empathize with them. If the Skrull had really "become" Rhodey, it wouldn't have been so bad, because a paralyzed Skrull Rhodey could still have a moment of connection with cybernetic alien Nebula that was emotionally real.

That would've been a great plot point to include. Sadly it doesn't seem anybody thought that deeply about character arcs for this show

For Ross, given how little fanfare there was for his reveal and the fact it has yet to be brought up at all in the show, I'm assuming not long. However I feel for it to leave any impact, Rhodey has to have been a Skrull for for much longer.
Yeah it would make sense that Rhodey has been a skrull since Civil War or so, but was Ross one since then too? Like you said, probably not

Yeah I'm not bothered by it and I'm glad it's more of a side character and not something crazy like Thor.

Yeah it would make sense that Rhodey has been a skrull since Civil War or so, but was Ross one since then too? Like you said, probably not
If I had to guess, maybe after Black Panther 2. At the end of that movie, Ross was arrested and was about to be taken in by the CIA before Okoye rescued him and takes him to Wakanda (I think she does anyway, been awhile since I've seen it). At that point I would imagine he would just be laying low, so it's feasible that the Skrulls would think they could impersonate him, without worrying about the real Ross popping up. They wouldn't be able to copy his memories but at the very least gather enough intel to pose as him.

And this.

D70nutBVsAE-vgS.jpg

D70nu6MUwAAObTC.jpg

My wife has stopped watching these shows because she thinks all the Disney+ shows have been depressing. I don't think that's entirely true, but this show certainly fits the bill. Still good, but definitely depressing.

It still works as a moment for Nebula, though. She could see that another character with mechanical parts was still valued as human.

Don't forget, you don't have to be captured for a Skrull to impersonate you. That's just so they can get secret information. Nothing is preventing the Skrulls from impersonating Ross and just bluffing. Not saying that's the case either, but it's possible he hasn't been captured. Or it's possible he has been, who knows? I think it would be interesting if he was captured before Wakanda Forever and he ends up getting reinstated to the CIA.

Don't forget, you don't have to be captured for a Skrull to impersonate you. That's just so they can get secret information. Nothing is preventing the Skrulls from impersonating Ross and just bluffing. Not saying that's the case either, but it's possible he hasn't been captured. Or it's possible he has been, who knows? I think it would be interesting if he was captured before Wakanda Forever and he ends up getting reinstated to the CIA.
I didn't forget, I brought up a possible theory after the post you quoted above (post 41). Its possible they could be impersonating him while he's hiding out in Wakanda.

The reveal def makes Rhodey more intriguing to me. Just imagine the whole shock of everyone in the MCU when they find out about his true identity.

And this.

D70nutBVsAE-vgS.jpg

D70nu6MUwAAObTC.jpg
And I believe that might make Armor Wars more heartbreaking since Rhodey never got that last moment with Tony. So I am hoping he got replaced after Endgame but if not and he was taking before Marvel could use that to great dramatic effect if done right by director and writer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"