Secret Invasion Season 1, Episode 2 - Promises SPOILER Thread

Spider-Fan

SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 2 is out, and again past this post SPOILERS are imminent. You enter at your own peril.

Loving this show so far. Very different from the other shows in tone, and I like it. Also, Super Skrulls appear to be coming :wow:

I am curious whose DNA they are going to use for those Super Skrull, if we'll see some cameos of lower level heroes or whatnot. :)

I am curious whose DNA they are going to use for those Super Skrull, if we'll see some cameos of lower level heroes or whatnot. :)

The computer that Emilia Clarke's character was reading showed 4 names: Cull Obsidian, Groot, Extremis, and the Bifrost Beast from Thor 2. So, right there they can have 3 of the classic Super Skrull abilities. The only difference being the ice powers as opposed to invisible powers. My bet is Gravik will eventually become a Super Skrull by shows end, but he may be the only one if they stop this machine.

IIRC in one of the trailers there is a shot of Gravik stretching out his arm in a way that looks just like Groot.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. Felt more engaged than the first. Think it's interesting to see that Fury basically used the Skrulls for spy missions and can see how Gravik can feel betrayed by that. Speaking of which, loved the scenes with Gravik. He has this subtle intensity to him where you don't quite know what he's gonna do next. Also dug the Rhodey/Fury scene. If they keep this momentum going, this might turn out to be a sleeper hit.

Last edited:
The computer that Emilia Clarke's character was reading showed 4 names: Cull Obsidian, Groot, Extremis, and the Bifrost Beast from Thor 2. So, right there they can have 3 of the classic Super Skrull abilities. The only difference being the ice powers as opposed to invisible powers. My bet is Gravik will eventually become a Super Skrull by shows end, but he may be the only one if they stop this machine.
I must have missed that part, sometimes I'm surfing on my tablet while my shows are on. Oops. :p

Something tells me Rhodey here is a skrull. The scene between him and Fury kinda seemed off in that sense. Another solid episode that got things going and I'm looking forward to seeing where things go next.

Something tells me Rhodey here is a skrull. The scene between him and Fury kinda seemed off in that sense. Another solid episode that got things going and I'm looking forward to seeing where things go next.
It makes sense that the Skrulls are trying to shut Fury down by faking Rhodey firing him.

Yeah I noticed the F4 connection to the powers as well
I just really hope at some point we see Gravik, in Skrull form, with different limbs showing all four different powers

It makes sense that the Skrulls are trying to shut Fury down by faking Rhodey firing him.

While I agree with you both that it seems like he could be a skrull, at the same time it just seems too obvious. If anything it would be a big twist to find out that he is not a skrull and he legitimately feels the way he does about Fury. Not saying he can't be but part of me wonders if they are going to go in the opposite direction with him.

Olivia Colman is fantastic and I've loved her every scene, but the show overall is a little bit on the dull side. I love slow and deliberate storytelling, but so far Secret Invasion comes across as lethargic for no apparent reason. It isn't as suspenseful or emotional as it could be either, I don't mind a lack of action, particularly from a show that once again seems to be very low-budget, but it could at the very least look nice. But of course, everything about the aesthetic is average as well. I was really hoping (and I was almost convinced) this would be the show to turn the tide on Marvel's lukewarm Disney+ content, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Maybe next week's episode will be better, it does have potential and I'll watch for Colman, Jackson, and Mendelsohn in any case.

Great to see Rhodey, and interesting to see him and Fury having to go different directions here.

While I agree with you both that it seems like he could be a skrull, at the same time it just seems too obvious. If anything it would be a big twist to find out that he is not a skrull and he legitimately feels the way he does about Fury. Not saying he can't be but part of me wonders if they are going to go in the opposite direction with him.
I think there’s a chance of that. Everyone potentially being a skrull is the obvious twist as you say, so they might try and throw us off with some people we know acting differently but not being skrulls.

i was thinking it, mainly because he called him Nick. are they on a first name basis? im not so sure

The level of hoops they jumped through in that Rhodey/Fury conversation to avoid saying "white men" was hilarious :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"