She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 3 "The People vs. Emil Blonsky" (Spoiler Thread)

You're like a dog with a bone, aren't you? Isn't it obvious? Classy means stylish, sophisticated, superior, and elegant. Flapping your butt cheeks around in the wind is anything but. It's low behavior, common. Is that really difficult to understand?

You are apparently advocating for it heavily. I've given my opinion. How do you view it? Did you think it was hilariously funny? Did you think she was making some sort of you go girl statement about women's sexuality? Just a bit of fun? Why does it matter that I didn't care for it?
I thought it was simply a fan of a celebrity enjoying a moment of comradery with said celebrity. No different then if someone met Stone Cold Steve Austin and they took a photo giving the finger, or posing next to Tom Holland and giving the Spidey hands.

What you've done is turned it into a gender based argument, based around long standing sexist tropes for what qualifies as a "superior" (your word, not mine) woman. Which is gross. Jen's a former prosecutor, who has put in the hard miles to get to where she is in her career, and even lost her job protecting a room full of people. Considering her knowledge of the law, fashion choices and ability to walk in heels at 6'7, I don't think there is any doubt she's "stylish", "sophisticated", and "elegant", even if she likes to perform dance moves beyond standing rigidly in front of a man, and slightly swaying her shoulders.

Last edited:
What you've done is turned it into a gender based argument, based around long standing sexist tropes for what qualifies as a "superior" (your word, not mine) woman. Which is gross. Jen's a former prosecutor, who has put in the hard miles to get to where she is in her career, and even lost her job protecting a room full of people. Considering her knowledge of the law, fashion choices and ability to walk in heels at 6'7, I don't think there is any doubt she's "stylish", "sophisticated", and "elegant", even if she likes to perform dance moves beyond standing rigidly in front of a man, and slightly swaying her shoulders.
Okay, it was not my intent to offend anyone with my old fashioned views. But now we've both given our opinion, and that's okay, or at least it is with me.

Okay, it was not my intent to offend anyone with my old fashioned views. But now we've both given our opinion, and that's okay, or at least it is with me.
An old fashion view is thinking that a pitch clock in MLB is scandalous. Saying a woman is inferior for dancing is sexism.

An old fashion view is thinking that a pitch clock in MLB is scandalous. Saying a woman is inferior for dancing is sexism.
It's not sexism, because I said I would have had the same criticism if it was Chris Hemsworth doing it.

It's not sexism, because I said I would have had the same criticism if it was Chris Hemsworth doing it.
Why do you keep saying Chris Hemsworth and not Thor? Odd when we are talking about a fictional character in Jen Walters aka She-Hulk... Hmmmm....

You said she was inferior for acting in an "unladylike" manner. You introduced her gender and sex into the conversation, to criticize her for not acting like a "lady should". Because she decided to use a dance move with someone noted for doing the same. You also decided to bring up the idea that she knows she's being watched by millions as if dancing in front of men, makes it an issue. Beyond the fact that you decided that certain dance moves aren't done by "proper ladies", it as a well known dance in the black community. Would you like to get into the racial connotations of labeling a popular dance in the black community as "unladylike"?

Just finished this episode. Found it pretty entertaining.

This show is an interesting thing for me. I don't think the humor is working for me, cringy even, and the special effects on She-Hulk herself is very distracting but I remain endlessly engaged with the show.

Why do you keep saying Chris Hemsworth and not Thor? Odd when we are talking about a fictional character in Jen Walters aka She-Hulk... Hmmmm....

You said she was inferior for acting in an "unladylike" manner. You introduced her gender and sex into the conversation, to criticize her for not acting like a "lady should". Because she decided to use a dance move with someone noted for doing the same. You also decided to bring up the idea that she knows she's being watched by millions as if dancing in front of men, makes it an issue. Beyond the fact that you decided that certain dance moves aren't done by "proper ladies", it as a well known dance in the black community. Would you like to get into the racial connotations of labeling a popular dance in the black community as "unladylike"?
Now you are accusing me of racism when I haven't even brought race up. I'm done with this. I'll leave you to harass Another Fool above, who also thought the humor was cringey.

Now you are accusing me of racism when I haven't even brought race up. I'm done with this. I'll leave you to harass Another Fool above, who also thought the humor was cringey.
You are the one who said it was unladylike, and that it made her inferior. You did this while claiming it's do to your old fashion values. I'm simply putting into perspective what you said made her inferior and unladylike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"