She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 7 "The Retreat" (Spoiler Thread)

It’s like “Who’s Cartmans Dad” all the way. Two weeks ago, I’ve seen the most interesting plot point yet: DD.
And now they’re delaying his appearance week after week.
I’m not upset, it’s funny though ( Jen even playing with the expectations last episode)

Unfortunately the series has basically gone out of its way to make Jennifer an undesirable woman who has such low self esteem that it’s like she is a walking social outcast. As She-Hulk she gets attention and some satisfaction of notoriety.
Isn’t that the point of the character and the show? Whereas Banner sees the hulk as a curse, Jen sees it as a blessing and prefers her she-hulk form over her normal form? I think that’s part of what the show is building to.

It is kind of frustrating in that the way Tatiana plays Jen, she really is very likable and sympathetic. But the men on the show either want her as She-Hulk (and not Jen) or just want to use her for nefarious reasons. There isn’t a decent guy there unless you count the other lawyer but he’s hardly there. It’s like the show either wants me to believe that Jen (as herself and not She-Hulk) is not wanted by men or that all guys are terrible. Either way, the show is trying too hard IMO.

There’s only two episodes left?! Damn, I thought there were more :csad:.

Anyway, this was another good episode. Tatiana did great and I thought the effects looked a little better than usual. Maybe it’s just the better fitting clothes. Blonsky and his gang were really fun. And I was really hoping Josh wasn’t a bad guy, but oh well :shrug:.

Which is crazy, because even this version of Tatiana is hot;

It is kind of frustrating in that the way Tatiana plays Jen, she really is very likable and sympathetic. But the men on the show either want her as She-Hulk (and not Jen) or just want to use her for nefarious reasons. There isn’t a decent guy there unless you count the other lawyer but he’s hardly there. It’s like the show either wants me to believe that Jen (as herself and not She-Hulk) is not wanted by men or that all guys are terrible. Either way, the show is trying too hard IMO.
I agree, I think her natural sweetness would be attractive to guys. :)

I’d love to see how they sold this show to Tim Roth. Must have been a bit of a surprise what they had in store for Blonsky lol. He must have thought it’s going to be pure fun.

No new character posters for this week....at least not yet.

I really liked this episode. My second favorite so far.

The show gets better when it focuses on character rather than spectacle or comedy or secondary characters. Which isn't a surprise, that's how most shows usually work.

Last week was filler, sure. Filler I very much enjoyed, but filler nonetheless. But any episode focusing on character exploration and growth is not "filler" to me, so I thought this was a great, and totally essential episode. This show is first and foremost about Jen's journey, and her emotional state took center stage here. And I love Jen, so all was gravy.

Knew Josh was shady though. Called that as soon as he sat next to her lol. Oh well, at this point I'm just shipping her with Matt Murdock already anyway and they haven't even met yet. :funny:
We live in a world where people think every show needs to be 30 mins and 4 episodes. Because if everything isn't directly connected to the plot and the plot alone, it's "filler". :funny:

I would even argue that last week wasn't filler, because it explored Jen and her feelings on being Just Jen, and She-Hulk, which directly tied into this week, and her overall arc. Also technically had more overall plot elements then other episodes. :hehe:

Last edited:

I don’t think the show is suggesting either of those things. Seems more to be about the unrealistic expectations of women when they enter the dating pool. And how that can impact the way they value themselves.

In general, I think the themes revolve around healing and self-love, which all of the Marvel D+ shows have kinda touched on in some way.

Yeah, I didn't laugh as much as I usually do, but it wasn't a bad episode.

I also loved the previously on part. Actually I always love when she breaks the fourth wall.

I don’t think the show is suggesting either of those things. Seems more to be about the unrealistic expectations of women when they enter the dating pool. And how that can impact the way they value themselves.

In general, I think the themes revolve around healing and self-love, which all of the Marvel D+ shows have kinda touched on in some way.
Yeah, definitely. Jen's an attorney, conventionally attractive, and has an amazing personality. That it's hard out there for her, is definitely the show trying to say something.

We live in a world where people think every show needs to be 30 mins and 4 episodes. Because if everything isn't directly connected to the plot and the plot alone, it's "filler". :funny:

I would even argue that last week wasn't filler, because it explored Jen and her feelings on being Just Jen, and She-Hulk, which directly tied into this week, and her overall arc. Also technically had more overall plot elements then other episodes. :hehe:
Didn't you get the memo? The Internet has decreed that anything that does not directly shove the A-Plot forward to fruition as quickly as possible is filler and therefore useless and bad writing :o

Didn't you get the memo? The Internet has decreed that anything that does not directly shove the A-Plot forward to fruition as quickly as possible is filler and therefore useless and bad writing :o

I kind of hate the fixation on Plot, either out of the misguided belief that Plot is the most important part of Story, or out of the misguided belief that Plot *is* Story. Plot is only important insofar as it generates complications and opportunities for Characters, with how they respond to these complications and opportunities being this thing people used to call "Story". Even in something as cold and mechanical as a Nolan movie, the audience doesn't care about the elaborate mess of intrigue and sci-fi phlebotinum in Tenet because of abstract curiousity; the audience cares about it, because several sympathetic characters are trapped in it, and we want to see how they respond to it and whether they can manage to save the world and/or each other.

lol just remembered those rumors about Jason Segel having a cameo as Ben Grimm around episode 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"