She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 5 "Mean, Green, and Straight Poured into Those Jeans" (Spoiler Thread)

Mallory will be back because

there was a scene in the original trailer in which she and Nikki are talking in her office and somebody jumps out of a window onto the ground unscathed and both Mallory and Nikki are looking down. We have not seen that yet.
Good. I want to see more of her. I know some aren’t too keen on the supporting cast for this but I love them. :D

I love this supporting cast and their side adventures. It really helps give this that slice of life feel.

Also, am I the only one that kinda forget Jennifer can break the fourth wall until she doesn’t? I feel like they use that tool a little too infrequently.

It's obvious that the writers don't have a full grasp on courtroom scenes as they admitted that they don't know how to write one. I was hoping for some Boston Legal or Ally McBeal level scenes to go with the comedy, which is my only complaint so far.

It's obvious that the writers don't have a full grasp on courtroom scenes as they admitted that they don't know how to write one. I was hoping for some Boston Legal or Ally McBeal level scenes to go with the comedy, which is my only complaint so far.
I can agree with the lack of compelling court drama.

Which is totally bizarre to me. There are millions of examples, and it seems like something easy to structure.

shrug

Different talents, I guess.

It may be the function of trying to make a sitcom length show rather than the hour dramedy format. In effect there is only enough time to do a Night Court style one liner before moving on to other plot points.
It seems to be a hang up of the format itself. As of now I see She-Hulk as something like Bob hearts Abishola. The situation is what is interesting, meanwhile the comedy

I liked this episode.

I felt it could've used more Jen, but it was nice to give Nikki and most of the supporting cast some shine.

And after all these years, Renee Elise Goldsberry is still FINE AS HELL. Can't believe she's over 50, she still looks the exact same as she did when she played Evangeline on One Life To Live back in the day.
Nah, 50 is the new 38, haven't you noticed? (Says the 50 plus old man who constantly envy the genes of women like her, Salma Hayek, Ming-Na Wen, Dana Delaney and etc etc..),,

Seriously though, she looks amazing (and impressing).

*Edit, added Min-Na Wen to my little list above. She just has to be there.

Last edited:
I'd volunteer to be a legal consultant if they need one...

Common Sense: You could just give them somewhere to live.

Capitalism: Nah. We'll just make the benches smaller and send the cops into shoo them away with force.

Devil's Advocate: the "They" who could give 'them' someplace to live, is very often not the "They" who has to make decisions about how to keep public space usable for their intended purposes. Even in cases involving local government; the people actually running a city's public transit system have zero control over the city's homeless support programs. Are they supposed to just go "Oh well, I guess our bus stops are just going to be unusable for people using the busses, because they've all got turned into ersatz homeless camps"?

The way most of our country handles homelessness is messed up, but pretending that there are cheap and easy solutions doesn't help the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"