Season 1, Episode 4: "Haywire" (SPOILERS)

A school for Metahumans? I can only imagine how this would turn out being run by the government.

Sam Lane really has control issues. Clark isnt willing to be your lapdog? Well must create a program to take him down.

I knew it Kryptonite, I think Edge has pieced together that Superman arrived in Smallville and it has a rich source of Kryptonite within .

Had to google this after that last scene but damn deep cut right there
X-Kryptonite

Guess Edge has been using X-Kryptonite to power regular folks. Probably what powered that one kid.

Well my worries about Bamford's directing were thankfully unfounded. I think it helped that there were no "super fights" this time. Another good ep.

I really felt for both Lois & Clark in their push and pull this episode, and that's a sign of good drama. Because there's no "right answer" here. He's Superman. And he's also her husband. She knows and accepts that, but that doesn't mean she always has to feel good about it. And for him, it's the ultimate balancing act. That's always gonna be a legit source of conflict - Sam wasn't wrong about that.

Nice to see Lois & Lana bonding.

So considering Edge knew the exact spot that meteor was gonna land at the beginning, I'm starting to get the impression that "Captain Luthor" may be from the future instead of another Earth. Nice to know what's bringing Edge to these towns.

Also, Intergang's already a thing, apparently! Looks like it's Lois's turn to get to know Captain Luthor next week. Very interested in seeing what his angle is, considering I'm pretty sure he doesn't know about Clark's identity. He'll probably be doing this on Edge's behalf.

This was such a good episode and VERY well balanced.

Lois Lane ripping into Morgan Edge gave me so much life. It was such a beautiful moment.

Clark trying to play dad while trying to save the world was also good, the fight between him and Kilgrave was fun. Only minor complaint is that I wish once Jonathan called him for him, they showed him try harder to fight back against Kilgore instead of basically be like "ok, im tired of this game. THUNDERCLAP!"

Sam Lane proves that once he found out his son in law (I need a flashback episode where he finds this out) was Superman, he got all giddy and thought he could control Superman like the DEO did with Kara (still waiting for her to be mentioned btw). Once Clark wasnt playing by Sams rules, he goes and creates an anti-Superman force.

So we have genetically born meta-humans now? Thank god. No more particle accelerator metas or greenlight metas being the main source for people being with powers, its refreshing. But if the government is schooling these kids? It can only be a bad thing. Im sure they are training them to be their own soldiers.

If you put the project number upside down, you'd see what the word really is.

Here we have Superman being pulled into two directions. This thing with Sam Lane wanting Jordan into a metahuman school in Metropolis kind of reminds me of the Flashpoint Project Superman storyline, where Kal-El was raised in Metropolis by General Sam Lane. Is it possible we may see a version of Flashpoint with Project Superman & Lois Lane and the Resistance?

Morgan Edge is all over this episode and he's used better here than Supergirl.

Superman looking strong is very important to us when dealing with Killgrave. Great episode overall.

Another solid episode! The kids more or less took a backseat in this one and I found the Lois vs Edge drama really compelling. The Superman/Clark stuff was great as well. The balancing act is going to be a storyline for the foreseeable future on this show, as it should be. I'm wondering if there'll be anything else with that kid or if that was just a subplot needed for this episode. At first I was going to say they probably could have cut the scene in the diner after the football game, but they needed it to set up his plot.

I'm really starting to like Lana too. She really surprised me in this one.

Looking forward to finally seeing and learning more about Luthor next week and of course Edge's storyline with the X-Kryptonite.

I think balance is something they're going for to distinguish them from past Superman shows and Supergirl.

I enjoyed this episode alot more than last weeks which I still enjoyed, but so far I am definitely prefering the episides where the melodrama with kids is pushed to the sidelines and Lois and Clark are actually at the forefront of it all. Such excellent drama in this episode and man once again they gave alot of shine to Lois in this episode with some of the best parts of this episode being her scenes with Morgan Edge and Lana Lang.

Also, I just love how Dylan Walsh is being utilized in this show as General Sam Lane. Been a fan of the guy since Nip/Tuck and its awesome seeing him being given some great material to work with again.

THUNDERCLAP! Clark was so over that fight the moment he heard Jonathan calling him. :funny:

Lois’ exasperated “OMG who cares?” to Edge who’s about to monologue about his past gives me life. :bow: That Lois/Lana bonding was so good. Also her GOING OFF on Sam was *chef’s kiss*.

The twins looking at Sam at the same time when Clark asked why they waited too long to ask for his help made me laugh. I sometimes forget that they’re twins so I like these little subtle stuff.

They had wine night again! That’s 4-0 now. Bless this show. :hrt:

I just wanna state for the record that I LOVE how openly Clark & Lois communicate on this show. They don't repress things or keep anything quiet to "spare" the other from worrying (like Clark and the Kryptonite, or Lois going to confront Edge), devices that are SO typically used in TV to stir up contrived drama down the road. They share what they're feeling, don't bottle things up, listen to each other, and don't try decide what's best for each other. And of course, they don't keep secrets from each other. It's refreshing.

Also, I'm pretty sure Morgan Edge was fully intending to give Lana Lang super powers, so I doubt that's the last we'll be hearing of that.

The weakest episode so far for me but still solid.

Kilgrave wasn’t fleshed out enough IMO & his defeat was too swift. I didn’t mind the teenage stuff at first but then it felt like it just went on too long.

Plus that kid having jitters was tight out of Smallville S1 & then when it ended with a barn scene I really felt like I was watching an episode of Smallville haha.

Beat parts for me were the football scenes at the start, Superman flying over Metropolis looking for Kilgrave, and what we’ve discovered re Morgan Edge.

Also I knew Sam would start project 7734.

Also I have a theory that Leslie might be a Daxamite if she’s not just an advanced human.

3.75/5.

Im wondering if subjekt 11 or Leslie Farr might be aliens like the comics or even kryptonian or are are changed into edge experiment. X kryptonite, captain luthor, project hell lots of interesting stuff going on. Also yea Lana gonna be superwoman like comics It feels like.

Intergang will be interesting too.

It was a good episode overall.

Yeah, it was quite Smallville-ish at points.

At the same time, it's a Superman project, and alot of the Superman projects cover the same ground as previous projects , so it's inevitable that the same ground will be covered again and again across different tv and movie iterations.

There's not gonna be one that's 100% original.

Lois and Clark
dealt with alot of the same relationship issues in the 90s that Superman and Lois is doing now, but , there's a bit of a different dynamic now , so it's still fresh.

This time they're actually co parents as opposed to L&C in which they were talking about having kids, and SR with the whole "who's the daddy" thing.

This is by far the strongest Sam Lane I've seen to date. The Morgan Edge is also stronger than other versions imo.

THOUGHTS

• Clark got in trouble last week for listening in on his family's private conversations and he clearly hasn't learned his lesson.
  • What I'm enjoying about the conflict between Sam and the Kents is that both sides have valid points. Clark has every right to prioritize his family but he also has responsibilities to the world at large that he simply can't ignore. I honestly never thought I'd be so invested in Superman trying to find a decent work/life balance.
  • I've been waiting for Clark to show a little more backbone and be a little more authoritative and I finally got to see it. And now that I have, I'm just gonna say it: Tyler Hoechlin is the best Superman. Not the best Superman of the modern era; not the best Superman since Christopher Reeve; the best one. Period.
  • I wish they'd just let actors act when weird **** starts happening instead of writing on-the-nose dialogue like, "What's happening to me?!" right before the commercial break.
  • Small thing, but I love it when writers remember Superman has super speed as well as flight.
  • Lois is slowly but surely being written and performed in ways that strike a good balance between "go **** yourself, I'm Lois Lane" and "I've learned to mellow out a bit as I've gotten older and more experienced, but please don't think that means I'm a pushover" and I'm loving it. Her conversations with Edge and Sam? Perfect. Just...perfect.
  • Lois and Clark's argument and their later resolution is a great example of how adult drama should be written.
  • Lois and Lana have great chemistry; Jordan (who inexplicably thought his heat vision gave a human child superpowers :loco:) and Sarah are cute together; Jonathan continues to be a delight.
  • So there was a goon with a gun standing in the middle of a public park and...no one called the police? Superman landed noisily in the middle of that park and got assaulted and...no one panicked?
  • The ELTs are cool and all, but I'd like just one character to have a Signal Watch.
I love this show. :hrt:

Clark knows a favor’s about to be asked:

There seems to be a lot of rain in Kansas. ;nd

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"