Season 2, Episode 9: "30 Days and 30 Nights" (SPOILERS)

Best episode of the season for me, and couldn't come a moment sooner because the last two or three didn't float my boat at all. Great pace, much stronger script, at least slightly more cinematic flair in direction than prior eps (felt like a lot of eps lately have been pretty rote in that department, relying on the aspect ratio and colour grading to provide the 'cinema look' instead of actually directing it that way).

Loved Supes being told "Not even you can do this, Superman" then immediately using his brain and brawn to just effing power through it without real regard to his own safety.

The World Without a Superman type montage was so effective.

Love Jordan (and John) stepping up into hero mode. Actually went "Oooooh!" out loud when he threw the superpowers line at Lois.

That little tease of Supes in trouble was brief yet so exciting and intriguing.

Preview for next ep looks wild.

Here's how I interpret Sarah's line. That when Jordan promises to be there for her, like meeting her camp buddy or helping out on election day, that he does.
Yeah. With what Sarah's family is going through, broken promises are like daggers to the heart.

Here's how I interpret Sarah's line. That when Jordan promises to be there for her, like meeting her camp buddy or helping out on election day, that he does. Lets be honest, the excuses were helping my brother out in a not emergency way.

Fair enough, but I'm not falling back on interpretation- I'm falling back on what she said. If it was a matter of her being upset that he wasn't there for her, she'd say that. Asking for someone to be there does not equal "When are you gonna put me first?"

People in a romantic relationship are allowed to expect to be a priority for their partner every now and then. Not the #1 priority all the time, but at least sometimes. They're supposed to be important to each other. Sarah was just wondering when her time would be, and I can't blame her considering the lame excuses Jordan was giving for not being there for her. She was probably feeling like an afterthought to him. If you're in a serious relationship and your partner never puts you first, then you should really get out of the relationship, because part of loving someone is making them and their happiness a priority for you.

It's kind of hard to sympathize with Sarah after she had cheated on Jordan with Audrey at summer camp, gave him the cold shoulder until revealing the truth, made him feel apologetic about the situation without apologizing herself, then asked Jordan to become friends with Audrey afterwards.

Great episode. Enjoyed it, even with the lack of Superman in the whole episode.

They're neck and neck for me but I'm preferring the villain plot of this season more (and Jordan's not bugging me anymore like he sometimes did in S1) so I'll go with this one.

I'm giving it to S1 so far, but there's still plenty of time for 2 to close the gap.

I do prefer Morgan Edge/Tal Rho as the main villain but I do appreciate Jordan not being emo this season like in the first one.

So do we think Jordan and Bizzaro Jonathan are probably going to fight each other in the next episode?

And how come they could understand Bizzaro Jonathan when no-one could understand Bizzaro Superman?

And a whole month went by but no-one thought to ask about Lucy and where she was or how she duped them before?

So do we think Jordan and Bizzaro Jonathan are probably going to fight each other in the next episode?
Yes. When the townsfolk see Bizarro Jonathan using powers, they will assume Jonathan is still using X-K. Maybe Jordan won't draw attention to himself by doing anything overtly powered.

And how come they could understand Bizzaro Jonathan when no-one could understand Bizzaro Superman?
Bizarro Jonathan had to make an effort to speak (from his point of view) backwards. It's been several weeks since Clark and the others arrived in the mirror universe, and so the people over there have had time to learn that we talk funny over here.

Last edited:
5/10 except for the Jordan and Bizarro John bits, those were 8/10.
Jordan is fast turning into the MVP of characters who aren't Superman.

Steel was pretty good too, give his segments a 7/10.

****, Sam Lane is a dumbass, how did he become a high ranking military officer ?

Superman wasn't much better this episode. He's met Bizarro and knows that yellow sunshine weakens him - hmmm what does that imply ? A little thought and planning before heading into the portal might have been warranted. In the comics, when he's not taken by surprise Superman can actually be clever.

Yay, Lana won. The part of the show I give the least of a **** about got way too much time.

Sarah....get over yourself.

At least when Smallville focused on Lex or other side characters it was interesting.

Prediction: Bizarro saves the day , going into the bizarro world to retrieve/save Superman.

People in a romantic relationship are allowed to expect to be a priority for their partner every now and then. Not the #1 priority all the time, but at least sometimes. They're supposed to be important to each other. Sarah was just wondering when her time would be, and I can't blame her considering the lame excuses Jordan was giving for not being there for her. She was probably feeling like an afterthought to him. If you're in a serious relationship and your partner never puts you first, then you should really get out of the relationship, because part of loving someone is making them and their happiness a priority for you.

I'd agree with that generally but with Sarah I can't quite figure out what she wants... cause she doesn't seem to actually LIKE Jordan.

I mean, he made a lot of effort with her when she came back from camp & she shunned him and acted like none of it mattered. He set up a beautiful romantic candle display. He was messaging her and being ignored. He was trying to arrange to do things with her and she was blowing him off.

The she told him about Aubrey and he reacted to it really well. Maybe too well. Like to go from 'I cheated on you' to 'I wanna marry her Dad' is a bit mad He gave her a necklace and a very sincere apology that let her know how he felt.

We then see Jordan there for her at the quincinera and trying to support her after about her parents break up and she just snaps at him and then acts as though she doesn't want him to talk to her about it because his family life is too perfect. Which I just think is a bad sign in a relationship... I mean, my partner has a happy family life & I still talk to him about mine and feel comforted by him listening to me.

No wonder Jordan pulled away & got lost in his training with his Grandad. There he's doing something he's appreciated for. There he feels good about himself, useful, wanted.

Basically to me it all feels like she has simply fallen out of love with him but for some reason doesn't want to admit that and so is painting it as though its Jordans fault.

What exactly does she want from him? To come hang out with Aubrey? I mean that felt like such an unreasonable ask, especially the way she asked it with no care whatsoever for Jordan's feelings.

I saw nothing positive about their relationship this season. Just two kids holding onto an idea of love that died last season. Just wish she would own her side of it instead of trying to make out she's a victim in this.

I'd agree with that generally but with Sarah I can't quite figure out what she wants... cause she doesn't seem to actually LIKE Jordan.

I mean, he made a lot of effort with her when she came back from camp & she shunned him and acted like none of it mattered. He set up a beautiful romantic candle display. He was messaging her and being ignored. He was trying to arrange to do things with her and she was blowing him off.

The she told him about Aubrey and he reacted to it really well. Maybe too well. Like to go from 'I cheated on you' to 'I wanna marry her Dad' is a bit mad He gave her a necklace and a very sincere apology that let her know how he felt.

We then see Jordan there for her at the quincinera and trying to support her after about her parents break up and she just snaps at him and then acts as though she doesn't want him to talk to her about it because his family life is too perfect. Which I just think is a bad sign in a relationship... I mean, my partner has a happy family life & I still talk to him about mine and feel comforted by him listening to me.

No wonder Jordan pulled away & got lost in his training with his Grandad. There he's doing something he's appreciated for. There he feels good about himself, useful, wanted.

Basically to me it all feels like she has simply fallen out of love with him but for some reason doesn't want to admit that and so is painting it as though its Jordans fault.

What exactly does she want from him? To come hang out with Aubrey? I mean that felt like such an unreasonable ask, especially the way she asked it with no care whatsoever for Jordan's feelings.

I saw nothing positive about their relationship this season. Just two kids holding onto an idea of love that died last season. Just wish she would own her side of it instead of trying to make out she's a victim in this.
Oh no I totally agree with you - this to me was clearly a case of "she's just not that into you" from the start, which is why I wanted it to end asap - I was just saying in general there's nothing wrong with someone expecting to come first for their partner sometimes if they're in a romantic relationship, as I've seen some people suggesting.

As far as Sarah goes, I think subconsciously, she was looking for a reason to break it off with him for a while without being "the bad guy." Him not being there for her lately and giving lame excuses for why was her opportunity. It's not good, but it's VERY realistic for kids their age, imo.

Let's say that Jordan didn't have any superpowers and it was really just family stuff going on. Say his father had been missing for a whole month and his brother was into drugs and his mother and grandfather were almost killed. If it were just a real life family and none of his family were super powered, then wouldn't it be unreasonable for Sarah to say that Jordan hasn't been there much at all for the past month or for her mother's election result and break things off?

It's only because we know he's off playing hero and training etc that we look at things differently. But what if he were not doing that but really dealing with family issues?

Let's say that Jordan didn't have any superpowers and it was really just family stuff going on. Say his father had been missing for a whole month and his brother was into drugs and his mother and grandfather were almost killed. If it were just a real life family and none of his family were super powered, then wouldn't it be unreasonable for Sarah to say that Jordan hasn't been there much at all for the past month or for her mother's election result and break things off?

It's only because we know he's off playing hero and training etc that we look at things differently. But what if he were not doing that but really dealing with family issues?
No, it's not because he's off playing superhero that we look at it differently, in terms of how "reasonable" Sarah is. The key thing here is that Jordan made lame excuses, and those are all Sarah has to go on. That would be true in either version of the scenario you presented. If Jordan had TOLD Sarah all the stuff he was going through (even leaving out the "superhero" side of things) she would have inevitably been more understanding. But he lied, poorly, and didn't make it sound like what he was dealing with was that serious at all. Which is what makes it seem, from her POV, like he's just blowing her off.

Overall, how does everyone here feel about this season so far? Do you guys think that it's on par with Season 1?

I'm still giving Season 1 the slight edge so far, but I feel like Season 2 is building up to something that could be a lot more satisfying and possibly more emotional than what we got in Season 1.

The villain plot this season is definitely more interesting though and I'm loving everything dealing with Bizzaro and Jordan so far this season which is very refreshing IMO.

I am absolutely adoring this season. While I'm not 100% in on the whole cult aspect, I feel like everything else is excelling in a brilliant fashion. I am finding the younger romances to be perfectly normal, in a way I honestly didn't expect after years of watching a lot less genuine takes on such things. Same with the kids' relationships with their parents. I find the kids understandably annoying.

But what is really making the season so far are Lois and Lana. That they can carry the show effortlessly without Clark being there is a testament to the actresses and the writing. Especially Lois, who is being tested in a manner I was not expecting. Whether it's with Jordan, Jonathan, Natalie, Lucy or her father, it's all working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"