She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 8 "Ribbit and Rip It" (Spoiler Thread)

I was actually happy when Jen mentioned the Eco location power to Matt. It kinda reminds me of the joke Johnny Storm made in the Fantastic Four animated series episode where Daredevil teams up them.

Leap Frog should've had the springs under his boots. That's one of the most distinctive things about his comic costume which actually gives him the ability to leap like a frog.

Maybe his dad was the one that had them.

:shrug:

Liked the episode. Mat was done well even while lightning up for the show's tone. I bet he is going to somber up for his series so it's all ok.

Probably among my top 2 best episodes of the season.

What a fun episode. I am an instant Jen/Matt Murdock shipper and I need more of them!

Liking this lighter direction of DD, definitely makes me excited to see what his show will look like.
Cox has done 3 full (great) seasons on Netflix and is obviously up for cameos like NWH and She-Hulk and now a long MCU first season. Hopefully he is planning on a Hugh Jackman style multi-decade legacy with the character .

Aside from Luke Cage/Jessica Jones was this the first time two MCU heroes...

tenor.gif

Nope. Tony/Iron Man and Pepper/Rescue ;)

Star-Lord and Gamora.

Thor and Jane Foster/Thor

Vision and Scarlet Witch

I get that they said his dad was like crazy rich...
but, Jacobson seemed more picky about who too take on as clients

Maybe I missed it, but did they ever explain the reason why Matt was able to do law in California and also how Luke Jacobson knew how to contact him?

Maybe I missed it, but did they ever explain the reason why Matt was able to do law in California and also how Luke Jacobson knew how to contact him?

They never explained it. Since the rest of their law is rather shaky, it wouldn't surprise me that the writers simply didn't realise you can't just practise in two states unless you're qualified in both. Maybe they think once he's qualified in NY, he's qualified everywhere.

I get that they said his dad was like crazy rich...
but, Jacobson seemed more picky about who too take on as clients

I mean, they were defending Roxxon in the first episode. Not to mention the rich creep harassing Jen.

I believe all you have to do to be licensed to practice law in another state is to pass the state bar exam, so it’s easy for me to assume a super-lawyer like Matt Murdock is able to be licensed in multiple states. Daredevil in the comics spent some time operating in California too, as I recall.

You didn't miss the first part as it was never stated. I would say it's not really important to the story being told. We can simply deduce that Matt Murdock has completed the requirements to practice law in California at some point before now.

As for the second, Jacobson making new suits for Matt explains how he is able to contact him.

I noticed Matt said "we" when he told Jennifer he did law in Hell's Kitchen in New York City. That means that Foggy and/or Karen exists.

You didn't miss the first part as it was never stated. I would say it's not really important to the story being told. We can simply deduce that Matt Murdock has completed the requirements to practice law in California at some point before now.

As for the second, Jacobson making new suits for Matt explains how he is able to contact him.

Yes but Matt worked exclusively in New York City and Jacobson lives in Los Angeles. Now there's a chance they can retcon that he's related to someone who knows Matt is a lawyer, like he represented a family member of Jacobson's that was living in New York City and that family member gave Matt a glowing recommendation to Jacobson.

Also I think the Intelligencia being Misogynistic incels is a cover for something else.

I noticed Matt said "we" when he told Jennifer he did law in Hell's Kitchen in New York City. That means that Foggy and/or Karen exists.

I was SO hoping that when Matt's phone rang in the bar, that it would say "Foggy" on it... I need to know that he exists in the MCU too. Confirm it already, Feige!

Yes but Matt worked exclusively in New York City and Jacobson lives in Los Angeles. Now there's a chance they can retcon that he's related to someone who knows Matt is a lawyer, like he represented a family member of Jacobson's that was living in New York City and that family member gave Matt a glowing recommendation to Jacobson.

Nothing needs retconing. In the grand scheme of things it basically comes down to “Matt needed someone make him new Daredevil suits and eventually ended up working with Jacobson .” No further explanation is really needed for this story.

The Leader taking advantage of incels doesn't seem too farfetched... Looks at Social Media CEOs...

Maybe it is the case, but the reason I have this theory is because I saw the first Ant Man today and saw this guy:

Mitchell Carson | Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki | Fandom

But also this guy from Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Jack Rollins | Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki | Fandom

Neither have been seen or heard from the MCU since their appearances, not counting the latter appearing in End Game when Steve Rogers time traveled back to 2018.

I guess the theory is kind of far fetched though.

California allows non-California lawyers to petition the court to appear Pro Hac Vice as long as there is a California lawyer of record who agrees to associate with them. It's also possible he passed the California Bar at some point.

Luke Jacobson seems to know his secret identity. There really isn't another good explanation for that.

I mean he said he normally works pro bono in Hell's Kitchen but he still takes some big cases two pay the bills. IMHO this is all just narrative economy. Luke is his tailor as well. Him practicing law in another state is not a giant leap. Also, it's less shakey than most of this show's grasp on litigation.

Also I think the Intelligencia being Misogynistic incels is a cover for something else.

I do think they are a cover, but do employ the misogynistic incels to get their money and to do their dirty work. Basically free labor.

Now they have She-Hulk's phone records and put her in a vulnerable position to possibly obtain her DNA.

Also, the fact that one of the guys who worked for the people who want her DNA and run the Intelligencia website was at Abomination's retreat can't be a coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"