Season 1, Episode 9 "Nobody's Listening!" (Spoiler Thread)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Last week, on Keef...

An unharmed Saw,
x3JwCmy.gif

Super Mario Bros. the Movie became canon,
V0zkZ8S.gif

and that smile.
ZMQ2zSf.gif

And now, Episode IX of the floor is lava...

xWmqjQr.gif

Love how this series is showing how tyrannical, authoritarian, and evil the Empire is. After last week’s exchange between Vel & Cinta in which we got a brief insight into Vel’s background it didn’t really come as a surprise that she’s related to Mon Monthma.

Syril is turning into a obsessive little creep who seems to have the hots for that blonde ISB officer lol

Looking forward to next week’s episode to see how Andor and some of his fellow prison mates escape

Poor Bix. :csad:

Hopefully Dr Gorst gets a beating sometime soon.

Syril is turning into a obsessive little creep who seems to have the hots for that blonde ISB officer lol
I didn't see that coming. Dude is seriously creepy.

What's the name of the ISB officer? Good acting here to come across as appropriately stern, strict and...unlikeable. :D

...when I watched this at 2am, this line hit hard;

"Melshi is right… we’re cheaper than droids and easier to replace."

Felt like a nice commentary on the GOP's desire for low wages/long hours, anti-abortion, and everyone "should get a job" around 14yo.

Man, that is probably the scariest the Empire is ever been in any Star Wars media.

As someone who earlier this morning just had my mom gaslight me and guilt me for listening to my friends about the vaccine and me taking it causing my current physical situation, while I was having an episode and was in pain and could barely move, and then went back into motherly mode when I “apologized“, that conversation Syril had with his mother, gaslighting him and then immediately appreciating him after he said he was promoted, that felt frighteningly and uncomfortably real.*

Also, Syril is officially an incel. Wonderful.

RIP Ulaf. Looks like Andy Serkis’ character has finally had enough. Can’t wait to see what the inevitable jailbreak is going to look like next week.

*(Seriously, I didn’t want to see it and wanted to believe she was still wholly concerned with my condition, but she is literally insane. She will literally send me to my death by using her current program she has me on, not take me too a hospital/doctor, and then use my condition as proof that the vaccine is dangerous. When she hugged me after I “apologized”, I didn’t feel anything from her. I am seriously scared for my life right now. I fortunately brought it up to my sister and she’s trying to work something out right now for me too stay with her and her husband away from where I currently am right now.)

Man, that is probably the scariest the Empire is ever been in any Star Wars media.

As someone who earlier this morning just had my mom gaslight me and guilt me for listening to my friends about the vaccine and me taking it causing my current physical situation, while I was having an episode and was in pain and could barely move, and then went back into motherly mode when I “apologized“, that conversation Syril had with his mother, gaslighting him and then immediately appreciating him after he said he was promoted, that felt frighteningly and uncomfortably real.*

Also, Syril is officially an incel. Wonderful.

RIP Ulaf. Looks like Andy Serkis’ character has finally had enough. Can’t wait to see what the inevitable jailbreak is going to look like next week.

*(Seriously, I didn’t want to see it and wanted to believe she was still wholly concerned with my condition, but she is literally insane. She will literally send me to my death by using her current program she has me on, not take me too a hospital/doctor, and then use my condition as proof that the vaccine is dangerous. When she hugged me after I “apologized”, I didn’t feel anything from her. I am seriously scared for my life right now. I fortunately brought it up to my sister and she’s trying to work something out right now for me too stay with her and her husband away from where I currently am right now.)
Damn, this is horrible. So much brainwashing going on. I hope that works out with your sister. Not sure what kind of age you are but I guess moving out yourself isn’t an option anytime soon?

I can see how that scene would be very uncomfortable given what you’re going through. Best of luck with it all. :up:

6z99o2.gif

This ep Andor(Luna) and Kino Loy(Serkis) relationship really reminded me of one of my favorite films growing up. Papilion; with Andor as the McQueen (Henri Charrière aka Papillon) atitude, and Serkis as Hoffman (Louis Dega) character, and how they play off each-other to survive.

One (Kino) who accepts his fate, or rather works within it, to not stick out, does everything to make his life as comfortable in it as possible. And the other (Andor) who will never be "comfortable", never quits trying to get away, escape, just can't ever switch that part of his brain off, no matter the cost.

6z9bas.gif

On another level, through the POV of Dedra Meero (similar with Krenic in R1) although with nothing tragic about her, they are checking/taping into a dark fascination that curiously wants to see if/how she might succeed in her horrible task.
6z9ckw.gif

Absolutely love these characters and how they've been developed.

Also this time near exact shot...
6z9ytp.gif

6z9y1h.gif

Last edited:
The writers have really outdone themselves when it comes to the character development in this show, because I can't remember the last time, I found the Empire this terrifying and intimidating in any SW content.

The interrogation with Dedra and Bix was a great way to start this episode and it only got more unsettling from there and Andy Serkis is being given so much more to work with here compared to that sequel trilogy.

Again, I love how they are slowly fleshing out the characters in this show.

The writers have really outdone themselves when it comes to the character development in this show, because I can't remember the last time, I found the Empire this terrifying and intimidating in any SW content.

The interrogation with Dedra and Bix was a great way to start this episode and it only got more unsettling from there and Andy Serkis is being given so much more to work with here compared to that sequel trilogy.

Again, I love how they are slowly fleshing out the characters in this show.

Gilroy: “Hey, Andy, want to play an onscreen role where you show your face and have a full character arc within a 45-minute episode?” :hehe:

Look, Syril, I understand. Dedra Meero has big "step on me, ma'am" energy. But you really got to reign it in. Honestly if the rest of Syril's humiliation arc is handed out by Meero, the shows great villain, then bravo. I will greatly enjoy it.

Did not see Vel Mothma coming. Just retcon the whole family into existence, great.

Man, even those who are "freed" are merely relocated into the system is horrific. Obviously, they are confident they do not talk to each other.

I didn't see that coming. Dude is seriously creepy.

What's the name of the ISB officer? Good acting here to come across as appropriately stern, strict and...unlikeable. :D

Look, Syril, I understand. Dedra Meero has big "step on me, ma'am" energy. But you really got to reign it in. Honestly if the rest of Syril's humiliation arc is handed out by Meero, the shows great villain, then bravo. I will greatly enjoy it.

I kind get his attraction to her, being driven and in charge, minus the whole authoritarian fascism thing and all. But, when the woman basically tells you no and threatens you with a restraining order and a one-way trip to Space Alcatraz, maybe you should take the hint. :funny:

Last edited:
It’s going to be disappointing in February to go back to Moff Gideon after we’ve had great Imperial villains like this. Dedra was straight up terrifying during that torture scene.

The Empire in Andor are outright sadistic. That one Officer gleefully asking if he could hang a rebel is some psychopath type stuff.

The Empire in Andor is the most authoritarian/fascist we have probably ever seen them. You get why these rebel agents are so paranoid

The Empire in Andor are outright sadistic. That one Officer gleefully asking if he could hang a rebel is some psychopath type stuff.

The Empire in Andor is the most authoritarian/fascist we have probably ever seen them. You get why these rebel agents are so paranoid
Yeah this is the sort of stuff you see more in the books than the on screen side of the storytelling.

I'm especially impressed with the sense of dread they were able to create. The building panic from the prisoners inside the tubes when they first catch wind of the rumor was masterfully done. Eerily evocative of concentration camps.

And then to pay it off with that gut punch at the end. *Chef's kiss*

Rather than divorce, I fully support Vel blasting her cousin's husband off a roof.

Chandrilla, not only child marriage, but also homophobic.

I am impressed with how unlikeable they made Mon Mothma's husband.

He is one “Make the Republic Great Again!”, a red hat, a shotgun and pro-choice remark from me wanting to see him get tossed down the same shaft that killed Palpatine at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"