Season 2, Episode 19 - Emperor Joker.

Frankenmation

Holier than thou
Reaction score
I come from a land down under, hence why I was fortunate enough to view this episode.

Annnnnnd....wow. :wow: Let me just say that if you thought Legends of the Dark Mite was completely insane, this episode completely trumps it.

Teaser spoilers:

As promised, Batman wears different colored suits as a homage to that infamous Silver Age cover. It takes place in Batman's early day's when Dick was still Robin and he wears the suits to fight off Firefly who is shooting out various rays of color. The Rainbow Creature from the Silver Age also makes an appearance

Main spoilers:

This episode was crazy! Tons of references to old Joker stories such as The Laughing Fish, Death In The Family, Joker's Utility Belt, etc. Batman fights off against the Joker who has various henchmen who look like old comedians of the 20s and 30s. Joker gets supreme power and makes his own Bat-mite esque sidekick, who looks a lot like Jack Nicholson's Joker. Harley appears looking almost nothing like her classic appearance (Although the Joker puts Bat-Mite in the classic Harley suit which was interesting. Joker kills Batman several times in various gruesome ways (I was amazed at how much carnage they were able to get away with.)

One scene, Harley grows mute and uses subtitle cards like in silent movies to speak, and also uses these title cards to attack others. Joker ends up going into Batman's mind, where Batman tricks him into seeing a world where Batman doesn't exist

Woo yeah, all I can say is that you're all going to love this one!

The credits also mention the song, that is prolly going appear in the US release.

Caught tihs one as well, fantasmic episode, though I was absolutely crushed that the musical bit was cut, stupid Australia!

And adored the Laughing Fish reference, it was a favourite story of mine and benchmark for how the Joker should be written in comics.

Oh, and Harley was adorable.

What song? :huh:

This episode contains a song but it wasn't on the Australian cut, but it was mentioned in the credits so we know we will hear it sooner or later. Emperor Joker will air late October in US.

Well, that's just fantastic! :( I suppose it's Karma for us Australians for getting all the episodes lately.

I really liked the episode, Batmite was funny and um they really went into Batman/Jokers relationship in this episode LOL. Harley saying they bring out the best in each other, too funnyXD

Yeah it was a really good adaptation of what was a SUPERMAN story from a few years ago.

Great episode. From Rainbow Batman and 2D Robin to all the Bat-Mite stuff, The Joker's song, Batman's eight deaths, all of it. One of the best.

ZANY!!!

Love seeing Bat-Mite again.
Ten-Eye Man make an appearance. YAY!!!

The Rainbow Uniform Batman wore in the teaser was Groovy.

'A'

Here's the song for Australians:

um they really went into Batman/Jokers relationship

I know and the "Death in the Family" reference caught me by suprise.

And sorry for the language. But did i hear Joker say that he was going to turn Batman into a "mindless drooling ****"?

I heard it was "fop". Was this censured in the US or Australian airing? I haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm curious about this.

In the words of Captain Marvel, HOLY MOLEY! That episode was INSANE. And I loved every second of it. At first impression, I thought it was too crazy even for this show, but the more I think about it, it perfectly fits the premise of Joker having control of reality. It was superb. I will be sad to see this show go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"