Supergirl Season 4, Episode 11: "Blood Memory" (SPOILERS)

When was Maeve ever under duress?

I used the wrong word. Distressed.

Seeing the professional relationship now between the Danvers girls, I think Supergirl had better start making some overtures to Alex in order to try and befriend her again. Despite how Alex is now, she is still Supergirl's biggest ally and SG needs to get her back in her corner. Talk to her. Find out where she is now mentally about aliens and what the DEO is doing. Sister Alex is a still a great person, so Agent Danvers shouldn't be any different under the professional persona.

I'd love to have a scene where Supergirl asks Alex to lunch to talk, and there's Alex and Supergirl sitting in a cafe having a brunch.

Going forward though, I assume they won't take the chance of revealing her identity to Alex as long as Haley and her truth-alien is around. I imagine Haley will be doing surprise spot checks.

I used the wrong word. Distressed.

Seeing the professional relationship now between the Danvers girls, I think Supergirl had better start making some overtures to Alex in order to try and befriend her again. Despite how Alex is now, she is still Supergirl's biggest ally and SG needs to get her back in her corner. Talk to her. Find out where she is now mentally about aliens and what the DEO is doing. Sister Alex is a still a great person, so Agent Danvers shouldn't be any different under the professional persona.

I'd love to have a scene where Supergirl asks Alex to lunch to talk, and there's Alex and Supergirl sitting in a cafe having a brunch.

Going forward though, I assume they won't take the chance of revealing her identity to Alex as long as Haley and her truth-alien is around. I imagine Haley will be doing surprise spot checks.

Somebody send the truth alien back to its home; and burn the bridges. But, I heard somewhere that they plan to redeem Haley by the end of the season, so Kara may reveal then; but only to Alex. I don't think Kara will go back to the DEO now. So, other than Alex nobody should know her secret.

Also, I suppose J'onn stole all Kara-Alex files from the DEO when he left; probably why they couldn't find Kara's identity from any Jeremiah files long back (that Henk Henshaw had).

Brainy acting like a dude bro was funny. Also, the part where the girl leaped onto one of the sons of liberty.

Although it's not meant to be funny, I laughed at the fact that Alex is kind of a dick to Supergirl. I find it silly, but whatever.

I was actually curious if Maeve would say what she said about Nia and was surprised they actually had her say it.

Can/will James lose his job for lying?

Lex is the dude that'll help fix Red Daughter... Trump and Russian connection. :sly:

I'm really ready for Manchester and the Elite.

The mind wipe arc is providing Melissa and Chyler with some strong material, I think their dynamic is the best on the show so it's sad to see this void in their relationship rioght now, but at the same time it's interesting to see the frosty Alex when it comes to her dynamic with Supergirl and how she views without Kara as a reference point.

Framing Nia and her sisters story next to the Alex and Kara situation worked well and if I'm not mistaken this is the first episode where it's actually been mentioned that Nia is trans? too be honest I keep forgetting. The way she told Kara was naturally done and then I could see the situation with her sister coming due to the concept that the dreamewr gift went to the women of the family, it was a good way to approach that whole issue and we'll see if they follow up on it.

They are starting to filter in Russian Kara more now with her training and I'm guessing that was Lex the General was referring to at the end.

Terrible again this week, this show is massively missing Sam Witwer who carried the first half of the season.

I’m sticking around for the Lex episode now, if it doesn’t improve I’m out

Supergirl filler episodes > The Flash filler episodes.

I think we all know Lex is behind Red Daughter.

Kara's outfits/looks of late have been pretty great and Melissa's Ahnold impersonation was cute

Now while the last episode set up the fact that Alex would no longer no Kara is Supergirl you felt the real weight here.

That confrontation at the end between them was a great bit of writing from both ends. You can very easily see how Alex would have turned out that way has she not had Kara to show here the good side of aliens. Imagine working for an agency who's soul mission is to protect against dangerous aliens it would definitely colour your view of them. The conflicting pragmatic approach and idealistic makes for some very compelling arguments.

I thoroughly enjoy every minute of Branie so his clip with the frat bros was hilarious:funny:.

James has been my least favourite characters lately and this whole standing to bend his moral compass is poor character work imo.

Probably the most ive enjoyed Nia in a episode just because she's had a lot to do and hasn't felt like a tag along.

The scene at the end with her sister lost a bit of weight for me because it just seemed like too massive a turn for Maeve who this entire episode has been presented to us a basically a gardening mother Theresa, I get she was angry but even from what little we had seen from her it didn't seem organic to me.
Also and more of side note and a sign im definitely getting old:funny: when she said not a real woman I have to admit id completely forgot they had already addressed he being Trans in an earlier episode in the show, I mean I remember the actress was but not the character.

Give this one another 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"