Supergirl Season 6, Episode 1: "Rebirth" (SPOILERS)

I really should have watched the season 5 finale before watching this as it took me a few minutes to get my bearings back and some bits that felt a little rushed (like the heroes figuring out Lex had powers and his plan seeming rushed) would likely have flowed better. And did they mentioned the anti-life equation last season? Because that really seemed to come out of nowhere to me.

Cryer still steals the show for me as Lex. Really hope they carry him over to Superman & Lois once Supergirl ends.

Good to have Brainy back with the heroes and back with Dreamer.

Normally I kind of overlook the "why didn't they ask for help" stuff because you kinda have to with these shows and comics in general. But Kara was literally recording her last will and testament and there wasn't a line about Superman being off world or Flash running out of speed (I think that roughly lines up timeline wise) or anything? No "Clark doesn't know how to locate her in the Phantom Zone but will help try"? I'm not expecting to see the characters, especially with Covid restrictions, but if the threat is that big a line of acknowledgment would have been nice.

Excited for next episode to get a feel for where things might go this last season now we've wrapped up the season 5 arc.

Exactly what does this have to do with Supergirl S6E1?

I don't appreciate that private message you just sent. Why do you have a problem with my post? If you're not a mod, keep it to yourself. I'll hear from the mods themselves.

Last edited:
Just a thought, and it's something they could've done if they wanted to keep the show alive; time passes differently in the phantom zone, right?

That's where Kara now is. My understanding though is that time moves slow, or almost freezes? Couldn't there be a twist where it accelerates and she simply comes back older?

An easy recast if they ever wanted to go down that route.

Lex continues to be the best part of the series. Loved his early victory party.

Just a thought, and it's something they could've done if they wanted to keep the show alive; time passes differently in the phantom zone, right?

That's where Kara now is. My understanding though is that time moves slow, or almost freezes? Couldn't there be a twist where it accelerates and she simply comes back older?

An easy recast if they ever wanted to go down that route.

I don't want an even older Supergirl. How old would she come back? In her 60s or 70s? It would be a revival of this British TV series then:

MV5BNjYzNTY4NmItMGM5ZC00NWM0LWJjZDktMWI1Y2M1MjJmNjhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM2ODYwMQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR25,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

If there were any recast, it should be to go younger and have Izabela Vidovic instead.

that premiere was terrible. YIKES! I hope thats not a preview of whats to come. The special effects look like this was edited with Windows Movie Maker from Windows XP

Yeah, after seeing Superman and Lois, Supergirl is, sadly, lacking a bit. Which is a shame, as this is one of the CW shows that I like the most. And it's not the acting, which they have the chops for, or the FX, which are okay. It's the writing! Superman and Lois clearly have a great writing team and, again, it's a shame SG never really got one to compare.

And the Phantom Zone would have been a great place to reboot the character, in order to replace Benoist, if they had planned on going past S6. People can go crazy in the PZ, and what if Kara did in fact go crazy? They could have turned Kara into S6's Big Bad as she battled with insanity and hallucinations, and was just basically too far gone to be recoverable.

But then the others could have found a way to save what was still good in Kara, cleaving that away from Dark Kara and ejecting it from the Phantom Zone in a climactic battle. Then when Alex and J'onn and the others follow, they find not the Supergirl they knew, but that the little bit of good they managed to save had coalesced into a younger version. And POOF, teen Supergirl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"