Season 6, Episode 4 "Book of the Stranger" Discussion Thread

Regarding your assumptions:

Firstly, there is no explicit taboo on killing in the city; just from carrying weapons. Drogo killed Viserys without rebuke all the way back in Season 1 and the show made a point of reminding us of this distinction right before Daenerys entered the temple.

Secondly, people only saw her emerging unscathed from the burning temple. No one saw her actually cause it or kill all the Khals. It could all just as easily be interpreted as divine intervention; i.e. the Great Stallion smiting weak, undeserving Khals. Especially when one considers the prophecy about the Stallion Who Mounts The World and Daenerys' close associations with it coming to fruition.

But even if they did know that she killed all the Khals, does it matter? The Dothraki respect strength not relations; as seen by how many of Drogo's bloodriders abandoned the khalasar when Drogo developed septicemia.

quinnbatista.gif

where did Jon get the Stark armor anyway?

where did Jon get the Stark armor anyway?

It could have been his that he wore on the road to Castle Black back in season one, if not his then maybe they belonged to Benjen.

I'd like to know which Khal they used for the voice over in the Danaerys teaser - the one where he calls her the millionth of her name, no one. Line was given to Khal GreatValue, but he sounded softer.

No one outside of Winterfell knows that Ramsay killed Walda so the Freys can't really get pissed about what they know nothing about. And no one outside of the dining hall in winterfell know that Ramsay killed Roose, so again, why would anyone be pissed about something they dont know anything about?

As for the Dothraki, they respect power. Khals that fall or cant ride cant lead. I dont recall blood having anything to do with it. And they are extremely primitive in ways. A girl roasting the leaders and walking out of the burning inferno with not a single burn on her is enough to get them on their knees.

Doesnt mean that she might not have some pushback from some fools, but if she doesn't get any pushback its not that unbelievable that a bunch of primitive nomads would think she is a goddess or some supernatural thing after what they witnessed.

bad place, even Daario was sold on her in that moment. You could see it on his face. In that moment she wasnt just a dragon that he rode.

Umber knows.

The Jon Sansa reunion was great, really well done. Lived up to what I'd heard.

best episode of the season so far for me

the new daario is growing on me so much more now, although i'm curious how the original would've done now since his turn in Deadpool (Francis!)

and i totally ship Tormund and Brienne haha

Good ep. It appears that Emilia Clarke is no longer concerned about nudity (or so it had been rumored in the past)..or was that a body double?

And i know it won't likely happen, but i'm rather looking forward to Natalie Dormer's walk of atonement. ;)

best episode of the season so far for me

the new daario is growing on me so much more now, although i'm curious how the original would've done now since his turn in Deadpool (Francis!)

and i totally ship Tormund and Brienne haha

Yeah, Replacement Daario is improving, but I still think Skrein would have been better. He was awesome in Deadpool and I just think he has more of a presence than this Huisman guy. But for some reason, the producers of this show seemed to be really high on this dude.

That's probably been my one complaint about GoT is how they keep replacing actors. I'm not sure what happened in the Daario situation (though it sure seemed like they just kicked Skrein to the curb because they really wanted to bring Huisman on board), but they clearly shafted the original Three-Eyed Raven just because they were over the moon about getting Max Von Sydow to join the cast. And while the other Raven only had a small bit of screentime, I still liked his look better than Max's clean-cut appearance (which makes little sense for a guy who has been sitting in a tree for a thousand years or whatever). Although I guess logic doesn't really NEED to come into play there.

Good ep. It appears that Emilia Clarke is no longer concerned about nudity (or so it had been rumored in the past)..or was that a body double?

And i know it won't likely happen, but i'm rather looking forward to Natalie Dormer's walk of atonement. ;)

Indeed she complained about nudity gender inequality in the show last month and I believe she had negotiated something in her contract to get out of more nude scenes too. But after this episode she said:

"It's so exciting, very tingly-making. Every season I get at least one spine-chilling moment. I just stand up and I go, 'I'm hearing what you're all saying, but funny thing, I'm going to kill you all. I forgot that I have an ace in my back pocket and now I win.' I'd like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3. That was awhile ago. It's now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I'm just feeling genuinely happy I said 'Yes.' That ain't no body double!"

So it was her. Sometimes people say one thing then do something else or the opposite. To be fair though, it was hard to avoid it in this scene when her clothes were burned off and she emerges from the building full-figure. It also wasn't nudity in a sexual context not exploitive in any way. It was tasteful, artistic and powerful -like a goddess- which is probably why she has no qualms with it.

Indeed she complained about nudity gender inequality in the show last month and I believe she had negotiated something in her contract to get out of more nude scenes too. But after this episode she said:

"It's so exciting, very tingly-making. Every season I get at least one spine-chilling moment. I just stand up and I go, 'I'm hearing what you're all saying, but funny thing, I'm going to kill you all. I forgot that I have an ace in my back pocket and now I win.' I'd like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3. That was awhile ago. It's now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I'm just feeling genuinely happy I said 'Yes.' That ain't no body double!"

So it was her. Sometimes people say one thing then do something else or the opposite. To be fair though, it was hard to avoid it in this scene when her clothes were burned off and she emerges from the building full-figure. It also wasn't nudity in a sexual context not exploitive in any way. It was tasteful, artistic and powerful -like a goddess- which is probably why she has no qualms with it.

Oh snap. I thought for sure it was a body double due to the lighting. I'm a fan of that genuine nudity. Emilia Clarke, hot damn.

:sly: :up:

Littlefinger uses those exact words to Robyn Arryn.:shr::mag

when he delivers the bird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"