Arrow Season 7, Episode 17: "Inheritance"

This was a bit of a hot mess with the plot line, especially in terms of Laurel [shocker]. She starts out intertwined with Emiko, steers Oliver in the right direction, and then goes off into a separate storyline about how she's roughing up criminals to get them to confess....after the last time we spent any sort of real time with her she was happy trying to play it straight just to end the episode outed as a possible criminal with a photo of her and Diaz since Emiko was secretly watching her? It all felt so forced and not set up properly. Which is so Arrow and is so Arrow when it comes to a Laurel Lance.

So Emiko is almost the same age as Oliver? Been in the bad guy/vigilante business longer then Oliver? I don't know why all of these flashbacks werent included in "My Name is Emiko Queen" and just have this episode deal with her showing her true colors.

Didn’t Tram Arrow knew that Dinah Laurel was associated with Ricardo Diaz?

I didn’t get the ending. Was Emiko involved with the Queen Gambit going under? I thought that was Malcolm Merlyn in season 1?

All I'm aasaying that I will be legitimately infuriated if Laurel is actually bad/corrupt. Her friendship with Felicity has been great and seemed so genuine. Not to mention her choosing not to kill that guy earlier this season. I just want them to do right by her for once. If she ends up dead or banished back to Earth-2 I'll be severely disappointed. And of course now we have to wait three weeks to find out. Please, if there's any justice, let her be redeemed. :csad:

I thought this was a decent episode because it got back to Team Arrow basics. A lot of the storyline was a mess for sure, but at least it wasn't flash forward nonsense.

I like the twist that Emiko is truly running the 9th Circle and not Dante. And that apparently she was involved in, or at least planned on, sinking the Q'sG. Hadn't really watched many of the early episodes, so was it Merlyn who did it or not..?

Don't know if I want them to redeem her or not. She started out good, was corrupted by Dante and fueled by constant rejections from her father (and damn was he a total bastard!) so there is hope that oliver can finally get through to her. But..

Do I really want to see yet another redemption arc? The reality is that sometimes people can't be saved and I think it would be more emotionally hitting if Oliver has to take her down. Which deals a bit with Laurel too and her redemption. That I really don't want them to fek with! And I don't think they will. I think they'll do a little slight of hand, make us think she's regressing but have her pull it out at the end and show them that she's on their side now. (I hope...)

And the thing with Oliver and Emiko makes me wonder if she is why he is a no-show in the flash forwards. Could him not being able to save or change her be the thing that broke the Arrow..?

This episode was quite enjoyable. I liked the stuff with Dante, Emiko, and the Ninth Circle. There was a lot of forward momentum where we got into the heart of the central conflict and the problem that Oliver has dealing with his sister. The flashbacks to Emiko's past were well-done, with her being abandoned by Robert Queen and driven into the arms of Dante and the Ninth Circle. It was cool to watch. I also enjoyed Laurel's scenes in the episode.

I didn’t get the ending. Was Emiko involved with the Queen Gambit going under? I thought that was Malcolm Merlyn in season 1?

Yes, it was Malcolm Merlyn in Season 1. The ending scene in this episode implies that Emiko provided Merlyn with assistance in sabotaging the Queen's Gambit. Merlyn's name was on the envelope that she burned, and I assume that the envelope contained the Ninth Circle's documentation of assistance given to Merlyn's act of sabotage.

Do I really want to see yet another redemption arc? The reality is that sometimes people can't be saved and I think it would be more emotionally hitting if Oliver has to take her down. Which deals a bit with Laurel too and her redemption. That I really don't want them to fek with! And I don't think they will. I think they'll do a little slight of hand, make us think she's regressing but have her pull it out at the end and show them that she's on their side now. (I hope...)
I hope she isn't redeemed to be honest, because everyone else seems to be. Even Malcolm to some extent. It's true that neither Ollie or Emiko are in the flash forward, but then neither is Curtis, Diggle or even Barry (unless this is the timeline where he's gone missing - I suppose once the final crossover airs, consistency doesn't quite have to make sense from the perspective of Arrow).

In any case, Emiko was seemingly quite happy killing Ollie and their Dad, and she's happy killing people alongside Dante. Can the lead of such an organisation truly be saved? I wouldn't think so. I'd like to think she'll go down fighting; maybe via Renee (thus his somewhat disassociation in the future) or Ollie takes her down. Maybe she just ends up imprisoned at ARGUS?

I have a theory that either Emiko will be redeemed but die stopping the Ninth Circle, or Rene is going to kill her. Seems like they might be setting up for the latter and it might explain his behavior in the future.

So I guess Emiko is the big bad. Aren't all villains the way they are because of something that happened before? I didn't see Oliver trying to redeem Diaz or Adrian Chase. Is he still going to try after finding out she was responsible for sinking the Queen's Gambit?

I hope they don't turn Laurel bad. Don't Team Arrow already know about they association with Diaz?

How many more episodes left this season?

So Emiko is Arrow's first female big bad, I knew she wasn't trustworthy but I didn't expect her to be the main bad guy and Dante to be her lackey. I think some fans speculated she sunk the Queen Gambit. I thought she was given the envelope with the plans, took it to their meetup, he rejected her business proposal despite saying it was good and she decided not to warn him because she resented him.

I can't see Emiko being redeemed but I hope Laurel doesn't regress into being a bad guy again.

And the plot thicken we know that Malcom was involved with the gambit but in what way.

And the plot thicken we know that Malcom was involved with the gambit but in what way.

Has he admitted he was involved? I thought the implication here from this episode was that Emiko framed him and that she was solely responsible.

Has he admitted he was involved? I thought the implication here from this episode was that Emiko framed him and that she was solely responsible.
No, I think it was more like Malcolm paid the Ninth Circle to do it. We know he was responsible from his conversations with Moira in season 1.

We know he was responsible from his conversations with Moira in season 1 so yes he admitted it but the question still remains in what way was she involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"