Season 7, Episode 2 "Stormborn" Discussion Thread

Euron Greyjoy is The Terminator on a boat.
The dude is a big threat to be reckoned with. He will do some big stuff in this season.

I wonder what Cersei's reaction to Euron's gift will be. She didn't seem too keen on marrying him but what will she say now?

Speaking of reactions, Davos seeing Melisandre again ought to be interesting.

Marrying him will be her only chance. He's making waves already so when she starts hearing of these exploits she's going to be well up for it.

Cersei first denial just gave herself a free favor. There's very little characters that play the game so well as she does. She is up for anything at this point and she will most likely take that offer from Euron only to piss off Jaimie even more and build her own doom.

Marrying him will be her only chance. He's making waves already so when she starts hearing of these exploits she's going to be well up for it.

I don't know that she will be, though. IIRC she seemed really unenthusiastic about the whole marriage and then Euron proposed a gift to try and bring her around. I think she may try to weasel out of the deal, or at least delay it as long as possible.

She won't marry him while Jaime's around, but after this I don't think she can dismiss Euron offhand. And sooner or later I think ultimately Cersei's going to skew more towards Euron than Jaime with his meddling morality getting in the way as the war progresses.

Most boring romance I can think of. And what a waste of time as we get to the crucial phase of GoT. Every other scene before it was great, just loved seeing all the battle plans and pieces being placed on the board. And it almost seems like there has to be a minimum quota of nude scenes per season to keep the edginess of the show and they'd forgotten to include any and then had to make up a crap one out of thin air.

True on the wolf scene although I'd still rather it was in than cut.

Like I said, if the scene isn't there to move the plot, it shouldn't be in there. This is when I can see the bad writing and editing is on the wall. I would have rather seen some more Hound scenes with the Brotherhood, heck, maybe actually them show what he was seeing in the flames, then another pointless sex scene, which I think, brings the quality of the show down in spades. I tried to get my mom to watch the show last night, and when this scene came on, she was like "what do you got me watching?" She was not a fan and went to bed, disgusted after that.

She won't marry him while Jaime's around, but after this I don't think she can dismiss Euron offhand. And sooner or later I think ultimately Cersei's going to skew more towards Euron than Jaime with his meddling morality getting in the way as the war progresses.

I don't think Cersi will ever Marry again, not if it means having a man taking over and bossing her around. She wants to rule alone.

Like I said, if the scene isn't there to move the plot, it shouldn't be in there. This is when I can see the bad writing and editing is on the wall. I would have rather seen some more Hound scenes with the Brotherhood, heck, maybe actually them show what he was seeing in the flames, then another pointless sex scene, which I think, brings the quality of the show down in spades. I tried to get my mom to watch the show last night, and when this scene came on, she was like "what do you got me watching?" She was not a fan and went to bed, disgusted after that.

Lol I'm sorry but that's your fault. I assume you've seen this show before so you do know that it's filled with nudity and sex scenes that can be pointless. Ideally at this stage in the game it'd be best to have every scene mean something to the overall story but no one should be shocked when the show seemingly needs to fulfill its sex/nudity quota.

As for the wolf scene, I do find some point to it as it shows her that while she's been gone things have changed and so have those closest to her. It's almost preparation for the drastic change she'll see in Jon, Bran, and especially Sansa.

Last edited:
That sex scene was tame as ****. It cuts away before they actually do anything aside from kiss and lay down on the bed. Sure it showed some bare boobs and ass but thats not "disgusting".

I don't think Cersi will ever Marry again, not if it means having a man taking over and bossing her around. She wants to rule alone.

Realistically I think Jaime's the only thing keeping her stabilised, and if there was any kind of falling out between them it probably wouldn't bode well for her sanity. The more crazed and unhinged she gets the more likely I think she'll be to buy into Euron's proposal, especially if she believes she can manipulate him in some way.

Honestly, at the risk of sounding like a stereotypical "dude" I'm inclined to see any scene that shows off Nathalie Emmanuel as a good thing. Because, WOW is she gorgeous.

That sex scene was tame as ****. It cuts away before they actually do anything aside from kiss and lay down on the bed. Sure it showed some bare boobs and ass but thats not "disgusting".

As erotic as it was, it was also a very sweet and romantic moment. Her mother didn't know the context of the scene so it's understandable, but to me it wasnt gratuitous or disgusting at all.

Honestly, at the risk of sounding like a stereotypical "dude" I'm inclined to see any scene that shows off Nathalie Emmanuel as a good thing. Because, WOW is she gorgeous.

A perfect 5/7.

BeSHcpQ.gif

5/7? Missandei is a dime just like 90% of the show's cast lol...seriously I dont know if I've ever seen such an attractive cast in a show/movie.

I assume it was cut because of the ship battle eating up the episode's vfx budget. But thats incredibly cheap on HBO or D&D's part that they couldnt or wouldnt secure the budget for one ****ing Ghost scene this season.

I wonder why they didnt just kill Ghost since they seem to care so little about the character? They could have killed Ghost when Jon was stabbed. Could they be planning to save Ghost for the final season? So he can finally shine in the final battle alongside Jon or are they just so damn cheap that they refuse to pay to do a death scene for Ghost? :funny:

they gave nymeria a scene... so i dont know if it was budget.

As erotic as it was, it was also a very sweet and romantic moment. Her mother didn't know the context of the scene so it's understandable, but to me it wasnt gratuitous or disgusting at all.

I also thought it was a sweet tinder moment between the two characters. You can tell the director was trying to grow the intimate relationship between the two characters rather than just having two naked bodies on display for the sake of being edgy.

Last edited:
they gave nymeria a scene... so i dont know if it was budget.

Maybe there is some stupid "One Direwolf per Episode" rule that the production is sticking to. It wouldnt surprise me.

I also thought it was a sweet tinder moment between the two characters. You can tell the director was trying to grow the intimate relationship between the two characters rather than just having two naked bodies on display for the sake of being edgy.

Defimitely a sweet tinder moment, props to Missandei for not swiping right even after seeing for sure Grey Worm has no balls.

In a bubble it's a good scene, in terms of the level of intimacy and vulnerability that the two characters are displaying....but when you take that scene and apply it to the understanding that this is a bigger saga and we only have something like 11 episodes left, I can't really say that I appreciated it's existence.

Well, Grey Worm and Missandei is a better lesbian scene than Ellaria and Yara.

In a bubble it's a good scene, in terms of the level of intimacy and vulnerability that the two characters are displaying....but when you take that scene and apply it to the understanding that this is a bigger saga and we only have something like 11 episodes left, I can't really say that I appreciated it's existence.

Yeah, it would have been ok a couple of seasons ago but seeing it now, in what felt like a very long scene thrown in among the game changing battle plans by the main characters, felt really jarring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"