Season 7, Episode 2 "Stormborn" Discussion Thread

well you might be thanking him... now he has them both imprisoned together.

Does it bug anyone else that Euron goes around calling himself King and Cersei doesn't mind. Or that Yara calls herself Queen without being an issue to Dany, who wants Jon to bend the knee.

[blackout]And per the spoilers, Jon will?[/blackout]

Yara bent the knee... well not on screen... but she swore fealty to Dany... which is what i suppose she means for Jon to do.

Cersei just wants her enemies killed, then will prob handle Euron (in her mind)

Oh I dread what will happen to Ellaria, Yara, and the hot Sandsnake. And I don't even like #1 or #3 (I do like Yara though). These writers never shirk an opportunity to make things as grotesque as possible.

I'll be honest, and I know this won't happen, but if the next episode opened with Ellaria and Tyene lashed to the prow of the Silence with their tongues cut out I'd pretty happy. And unlike Euron's victims in the books, the Sandsnakes are outright villainous so it really just comes down to evil vs evil.

Oh I dread what will happen to Ellaria, Yara, and the hot Sandsnake. And I don't even like #1 or #3 (I do like Yara though). These writers never shirk an opportunity to make things as grotesque as possible.

Brooo, it's gonna sound weird but in season 3 episode 3 when Locke's men had Brienne and Jamie in captivity and were getting ready to rape Brienne I'm not gonna lie I was deeply bothered by it. I know I know, it's not even the most grotesque scene but something about how Brienne was screaming in fear and desperation had me shook. Also in that same episode when Theon was about to get raped that scene was a little too intense too lol. Honorable mention goes to Ramsay eating a pork sausage in front of Theon after just cutting his off him lol. I like to think I have a high tolerance for violence in movies and tv but this show has me looking away a lot lol.

well Ellaria killed a child and her family... disgracing Oberyns memory.

Yara used to steal, rape, kill...

So I can't say I care what happens to them. I do however want Tyene's breast in tact and healthy. Even though shes also a P.O.S.

I was looking forward to the Ellaria/Yara scene and then Euron happened.. :o

Speaking of Euron, he really is crazy and intense. When his ship arrived and he slammed onto the ship with that scary grin, I remembered his interview, comparing himself to Ramsay.

It's more that I'm just tired of seeing the show go there for what seems like little more than shock value a lot of the time. That's one thing that I think it undeniably suffers from in comparison to the books. GRRM may not be perfect, far from it, as a writer. But I at least usually didn't go "you just did that to try and be edgy in an immature kind of way" with his writing.

Now sometimes the show can make it work (the aforementioned Brienne scene for example), but when it's both overused and poorly-done, I find myself just not caring. Or being angry more with the writer's philosophy than with the characters doing it. And that's not a good thing.

As alwayse a good episode. I was a bit uncomfortable with the transition between Sam and Mormont surgery and the the inn scene, it was a bit disgusting.
I hope hot sandnake doesn't die too soon she is damn pretty.
The sea assault was great and almost on par with a season final.
I never liked Sensa and even more so this episode. She will littefinger Jon I bet.

In a bubble it's a good scene, in terms of the level of intimacy and vulnerability that the two characters are displaying....but when you take that scene and apply it to the understanding that this is a bigger saga and we only have something like 11 episodes left, I can't really say that I appreciated it's existence.

I'd say this is the first time I didn't find the Greyworm and Missandei scenes tedious, mostly because for the first time it had a purpose to the overall story.

It probably went on a little bit too long, but now that Greyworm has this monumental mission I suddenly care again about what happens to him, and about his overall happiness/sadness/whatever.

Part of the problem previously was that they were giving these characters screen time when it had essentially nothing of value to add to the story.

The actor was very good I have to say as well.

Hot Pie in the house!

I feel like a superhero role needs to be in Tom Hopper's future. He kinda looks like Green Arrow, but I'd rather he play a character I actually care about, lol.

Tom Hopper seems to be in shows in which he runs around with a sword (Merlin, Black Sails and Game Of Throne).

It's more that I'm just tired of seeing the show go there for what seems like little more than shock value a lot of the time. That's one thing that I think it undeniably suffers from in comparison to the books. GRRM may not be perfect, far from it, as a writer. But I at least usually didn't go "you just did that to try and be edgy in an immature kind of way" with his writing.

Now sometimes the show can make it work (the aforementioned Brienne scene for example), but when it's both overused and poorly-done, I find myself just not caring. Or being angry more with the writer's philosophy than with the characters doing it. And that's not a good thing.

Same here. Not sure what's so clever about all this. Nice for fans of Hostel at least.

A great episode. Damn. That fight sequence...it wasn't going to end well. Just when i blurted out to Theon " do something!" He jumps ship. I can't blame him. He and Yara would have been dead just like that. So question is...will Yara be a prisoner brought before Cersi?

awesome. I have enjoyed this episode very much.
Yes, it was a good one. Welcome to the Hype! A good thread to start posting. ;)
A great episode. Damn. That fight sequence...it wasn't going to end well. Just when i blurted out to Theon " do something!" He jumps ship. I can't blame him. He and Yara would have been dead just like that. So question is...will Yara be a prisoner brought before Cersi?
I kind of like how it happened looking back. Yes, it would be proof of Euron's successes (already) so I could see it happening.

well Ellaria killed a child and her family... disgracing Oberyns memory.

Yara used to steal, rape, kill...

So I can't say I care what happens to them. I do however want Tyene's breast in tact and healthy. Even though shes also a P.O.S.

Yara used to rape people?

I'd say this is the first time I didn't find the Greyworm and Missandei scenes tedious, mostly because for the first time it had a purpose to the overall story.

It probably went on a little bit too long, but now that Greyworm has this monumental mission I suddenly care again about what happens to him, and about his overall happiness/sadness/whatever.

Part of the problem previously was that they were giving these characters screen time when it had essentially nothing of value to add to the story.

The actor was very good I have to say as well.

I just can't bring myself to care about Greyworm. Part of that may be due to spoilers I know, but it's also because the character is basically just a there to show us that the Unsullied aren't automations who mindlessly carry out Dany's will without any kind of personality of their own. Material like this might flesh him out more and add another layer to Dany's grand war machine, but ultimately I don't expect him to push the story along.

so do we think Euron will present Cersei with Ellaria Sand as her prize? At which point, she'll give her to the Mountain to be his latest plaything?

so do we think Euron will present Cersei with Ellaria Sand as her prize? At which point, she'll give her to the Mountain to be his latest plaything?

Not sure she'll have the leader of Dorne tortured immediately. Hopefully she just goes to the black cells.

But anything is possible

This season has been absolutely amazing. Good that it feels as if everything plotwise seems to finally be moving with less filler and meaningless nonsense. Im especially pleased that the various factions are interacting, aligning and going after each other

Not sure she'll have the leader of Dorne tortured immediately. Hopefully she just goes to the black cells.

But anything is possible

Murdered her daughter. I'd be surprised if Cersei all of a sudden becomes politically sound. More likely she'll eviscerate Elaria and offer up Dorne to the first aspirational house.

GdwT6Wi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"