• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seasons Come, Seasons Go - Discussion Continues

Season 4 was such a vast improvement over the dull-as-hell season that preceded it. HOWEVER, Season 4 also contained some of the biggest clunkers of the entire series ("Facade", "Ageless", "Spirit").

LOL. i thought Spirit was hillarious!

Season 4 was such a vast improvement over the dull-as-hell season that preceded it. HOWEVER, Season 4 also contained some of the biggest clunkers of the entire series ("Facade", "Ageless", "Spirit").

I know I'm one only of a few, but I really love Spirit. To me it had so much appeal to it, regardless of how lame Dawn Styles (in person) was.

Is Spirit the prom episode?

If it is when Clark hits Chloe and says "That's my crown *****" that is comedy gold.

Martha dancing in the kitchen.LOL.

Let's face it Dawn Stiles character was a nice release for the cast.

I watched that episode last night, and the actress playing Dawn couldnt have been in the episode for more than 3 minutes, tops.

I thought it was great watching the main cast having fun with the character. They all got a go. Except Jonathan and Lex.

Yeah, but just like Cassandra on Doctor Who. They had the luxury of playing her ever so slightly different in their own way. It was the perfect excuse for a just for fun episode.

Thieves! All of 'em! LOL

As I sat at my puter tonight, hubby was channel surfing three rooms away. He flipped to a channel airing a show or film that was only playing music at the time: Mozart's Requiem. I ran into my living room, expecting to see the final slow motion montage from Covenant. Instead of seeing Lionel getting his hair cut however, it was a woman in a duplicate scene, complete with intercut montage of other scenes, JUST like the sequence from Covenant. I mean, carbon copy folks. Hubby had flipped to a station airing the 1998 film, "Elizabeth," with Kate Blanchett in the title role.

Same thing happened a few months ago. Flipping channels, I heard Peter Gabriel's "I Grieve." I expected to see the finale scene from Reckoning, but it was the heart wrenching ending to "City of Angels," which I had forgotten used that tune - for a very similar death theme.

smirk.gif

Thieves! All of 'em! LOL

As I sat at my puter tonight, hubby was channel surfing three rooms away. He flipped to a channel airing a show or film that was only playing music at the time: Mozart's Requiem. I ran into my living room, expecting to see the final slow motion montage from Covenant. Instead of seeing Lionel getting his hair cut however, it was a woman in a duplicate scene, complete with intercut montage of other scenes, JUST like the sequence from Covenant. I mean, carbon copy folks. Hubby had flipped to a station airing the 1998 film, "Elizabeth," with Kate Blanchett in the title role.

Same thing happened a few months ago. Flipping channels, I heard Peter Gabriel's "I Grieve." I expected to see the finale scene from Reckoning, but it was the heart wrenching ending to "City of Angels," which I had forgotten used that tune - for a very similar death theme.

smirk.gif

LOL, you've uncovered the truth about SV.

loved the ending to spirt thought the song you & me was perfect.

I had this posted in the Drooling for Fellas thread, but it didn't seem appropriately placed, so I'm moving it. This seems like the best thread option for it.

Why are Clark's feelings for Lana written off as an "obsession" by some people, as opposed to simple love? This is Clark Kent, you know.. future :supes:, he's not a shallow or unstable young man, and he doesn't love lightly. He's not a player, and he's never going to go from girl to girl.

He loves Lana, through all the ups and downs, and yes, secrets and lies. Out of the past 6 years, they had a total of maybe a few months of happiness together, but that was without full disclosure.

Now they finally have that curtain lifted - now is when we'll hopefully see them realize that love just isn't always enough.

To write his feelings off as an 'obsession' is insulting and belittles him.

People who belittle my Superman piss me off. :mad:

I had this posted in the Drooling for Fellas thread, but it didn't seem appropriately placed, so I'm moving it. This seems like the best thread option for it.

Why are Clark's feelings for Lana written off as an "obsession" by some people, as opposed to simple love? This is Clark Kent, you know.. future :supes:, he's not a shallow or unstable young man, and he doesn't love lightly. He's not a player, and he's never going to go from girl to girl.

He loves Lana, through all the ups and downs, and yes, secrets and lies. Out of the past 6 years, they had a total of maybe a few months of happiness together, but that was without full disclosure.

Now they finally have that curtain lifted - now is when we'll hopefully see them realize that love just isn't always enough.

For me it comes down to the old saying "If you love something, you let it go."

Clark and Lana have fought for the relationship on-and-off, but the writers cycle it through. The wedding situation for starters.

I believe in Clark's approach on some level, but there's a point, where he needs to stand back and just accept things. Something that I thought he had done after they split up and moved on, but again the wedding changed that.

I understand he loves her, but if they want to be a couple. They should have spelled it out for one another then again, this is drama television. Things aren't going to be that forward.

On some level back in the day, I saw him as a stalker when it came down to Lana but once they got to the relationship phase it changed. They were a couple and so on and so forth. He has every right to protect her Lex....

Ok, I'm starting to see that I'm not in the obessessive crowd apparently. I just want him to approach her and deal with their situation logically.

Yes, I ate my own words.

As for belittling Clark. When one compares him to his comics counterpart, which my mind does instinctively and out of habit. He's pushed the mark on how he should have handled things with Lana, which brings up the obessessive trait. He didn't treat the relationship anything like that in the source and yes, I'm aware we're in a different world. In a guys book, you just don't do that in general. You push it to a certain point and it goes to stalker level. If you break it off with a girl, even if you love her. It ends there unless the both of you are willing to choose otherwise. At least that's the code I live with and my friends have. Basically the love has to be mutal plain and simple. I have friends that and women in my life, that will attest to the same opinion.

I'm not a sappy guy AT ALL, but I've been a fan of the Clark and Lana relationship ever since the pilot. Tom and Kristin have such great chemistry, there's such a purity and honesty to their scenes together, dunno how anyone could not root for them. I'm one of the believers that their characters do indeed bring out the best in each other. Lump me in with Greg Beeman, James Marshal, SDK, Jeph Loeb, TW, KK, et al... who feel the same way. ;)

Plus, now that the secret's out of the way the characters are venturing into all new territory--we haven't been here before. Exciting times ahead I predict.

I'm not a sappy guy AT ALL, but I've been a fan of the Clark and Lana relationship ever since the pilot. Tom and Kristin have such great chemistry, there's such a purity and honesty to their scenes together, dunno how anyone could not root for them. I'm one of the believers that their characters do indeed bring out the best in each other. Lump me in with Greg Beeman, James Marshal, SDK, Jeph Loeb, TW, KK, et al... who feel the same way. ;)

Plus, now that the secret's out of the way the characters are venturing into all new territory--we haven't been here before. Exciting times ahead I predict.

From crush to follower to friendship then a short lived relationship and then the end of it.

Hopefully since that secret is out there can be a new level of trust developed between them and lack of the "I still want you Lana." Clark's let her go once before but it's time to truly move past that phase of his relationship with her and just accept it as a love that can't be....then again knowing AlMiles they'll drag it out as long as they can through the series.

Says who?

Personally, that's the way I would handle things but like in the line that wasn't mentioned the writers will choose to do as they do. The relationship will probably be the focus until the end of the series, which really won't surprise me in the least.

If we were going off of season one, where he didn't know Lana, but just observed her through a telescope, then I'd most certainly agree with said naysayers. However, as they grew, and developed a relationship, those feelings evolved, there's no doubt about it.

Clark's let her go once before but it's time to truly move past that phase of his relationship with her and just accept it as a love that can't be....

No, now is the time for them to have a relationship. Now that there's nothing in the way. They need to fully develop why it's a love that can't be. If they don't it would be a waste of 6 years.

Because he watched her in his telescope in the pilot before he really knew anything about her, other than she has big eyes and a perky pair

Because he watched her in his telescope in the pilot before he really knew anything about her, other than she has big eyes and a perky pair

No see, the problem was he didn't know it was the necklace making him weak in the knees. Obviously he thought it was love ;)

I too hope Clark and Lana get to the truthful kind of relationship, get to share a love based on the truth and then decide in a mature fashion that even though they truly love each other, it was not meant to be. It will be bittersweet. But this was not a love story meant to end happily ever after. We knew that from the beginning. But if we could have at least the fullness of their relationship with out the lies before the final separation, it would be very satisfying.

From your keyboard to the Goughlar's brain... Hopefully.

....then again knowing AlMiles they'll drag it out as long as they can through the series.

That's what I'm hoping. :D
I understand the frustration with how things have been between them. Trust me, ending the roller-coaster angle to their relationship is something that is universally desired by ALL SV fans. It's where to take the relationship now and in some quarters, where it will ultimately end up, that is still the bone of contention.

If we were going off of season one, where he didn't know Lana, but just observed her through a telescope, then I'd most certainly agree with said naysayers. However, as they grew, and developed a relationship, those feelings evolved, there's no doubt about it.
Clark claims that he loved Lana since he was 5 years old. Okay, so 5 yr. olds aren't really capable of mature love, but don't forget.. Smallville is a little rural town, the kind where everyone knows everyone. Just because he wasn't 'friends' with her doesn't mean he didn't know anything about her. I can't believe that Clark would have grown up loving someone that he didn't think was kind and thoughtful, and special in general. And yes, the physical attraction was also there and is a bonus. I've never been able to accept that Clark was only attracted to Lana because of her looks. He's a better and smarter guy than that, IMO.

No, now is the time for them to have a relationship. Now that there's nothing in the way. They need to fully develop why it's a love that can't be. If they don't it would be a waste of 6 years.
Sadly agree. :(

I too hope Clark and Lana get to the truthful kind of relationship, get to share a love based on the truth and then decide in a mature fashion that even though they truly love each other, it was not meant to be. It will be bittersweet. But this was not a love story meant to end happily ever after. We knew that from the beginning. But if we could have at least the fullness of their relationship with out the lies before the final separation, it would be very satisfying.

*sniff* That's really all I want, just make it bittersweet but satisfying. I think with all they put Clark and Lana through in this series, at least make the payoff worth it. I want BIG TIME payoffs in the final episode of this series - Clark and Lana's resolution, Lex in FULL-TILT EVIL sworn enemy of Clark, and of course - :supes:.

I don't think I'm asking too much. :D

From your keyboard to the Goughlar's brain... Hopefully.

That's what I'm hoping. :D
I understand the frustration with how things have been between them. Trust me, ending the roller-coaster angle to their relationship is something that is universally desired by ALL SV fans. It's where to take the relationship now and in some quarters, where it will ultimately end up, that is still the bone of contention.

Clark claims that he loved Lana since he was 5 years old. Okay, so 5 yr. olds aren't really capable of mature love, but don't forget.. Smallville is a little rural town, the kind where everyone knows everyone. Just because he wasn't 'friends' with her doesn't mean he didn't know anything about her. I can't believe that Clark would have grown up loving someone that he didn't think was kind and thoughtful, and special in general. And yes, the physical attraction was also there and is a bonus. I've never been able to accept that Clark was only attracted to Lana because of her looks. He's a better and smarter guy than that, IMO.

Sadly agree. :(

*sniff* That's really all I want, just make it bittersweet but satisfying. I think with all they put Clark and Lana through in this series, at least make the payoff worth it. I want BIG TIME payoffs in the final episode of this series - Clark and Lana's resolution, Lex in FULL-TILT EVIL sworn enemy of Clark, and of course - :supes:.

I don't think I'm asking too much. :D

I get where you're coming from now. My own angle is a bit different. They dated, had a relationship, they ended it, and now their back. That first part of that was their relationship but as in life, there's always room for second chances.

I guess I'm among the faction that just shuts the TV off, when they air that portion anymore. It's about the only part of SV that really drives me nuts and reminds me of an endless maze, that doesn't want to end despite the characters saying as such. Then again this happened on DAWSON'S CREEK as well. Relationship then a love triangle, then the new love then a seperation entirely.

I've been watching this show for the journey to the future, but I didn't expect to see the relationship literally carry on the entire run. Guess I was wrong in that regard and that seems to be the biggest priority as opposed to Clark moving towards his true destiny as Superman. Thankfully last season moved into that territory.

I'm even thankful for Kara coming into the show. That's a much needed breath of fresh air for me as a fan. Just like Green Arrow was last year.

Apparently, I'm the only one that feels like they had a relationship prior despite the secrets and the fact that they were together. It may have been short lived but that was their own fault for not being honest with one another. On some level I feel like the relationship is the one thing holding the show back from Clark moving forward. I know he loves her but he needs to get over her if he wants to move on. All Lana seems to do is hold him back in some regards. She'll likely be his only link to Smallville in the end, which makes sense but there's no point in dragging it out over 7 to 8 seasons.

Yes, I know there's an audience for that particular part of the series, which I understand but me personally I thought Clark had moved on from it. Same with Chloe.

I've been watching this show for the journey to the future, but I didn't expect to see the relationship literally carry on the entire run. Guess I was wrong in that regard and that seems to be the biggest priority as opposed to Clark moving towards his true destiny as Superman. Thankfully last season moved into that territory.

Oh, I strongly disagree that it's the biggest priority. Perhaps because you dislike it so much it seems that way, which I think is understandable. I have issues with Chloe taking up more of the story than I think she should, and that's my personal bias filter on the show. We all have our own preferences for what we want out of the show, I hope you don't think I'm trying to bust your chops about it.

Don't mistake my liking the Clark and Lana relationship as prioritizing that over Clark's journey. Clark is and always will be my priority on this show, but I just accept and enjoy Lana as being a part of that journey.

I'm even thankful for Kara coming into the show. That's a much needed breath of fresh air for me as a fan. Just like Green Arrow was last year.
Soooo many people would disagree with you about that, and consider the GA as well as Kara to be unwelcome distractions to Clark's real journey, not unlike how you feel about his continued feelings for Lana. I'm not one of them, I happen to think Ollie's presences was a positive thing for the show, and I'm cautiously interested in what they will do with Kara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"