Secret Invasion is not the only time Marvel used The Skrull to fix things.

If anybody engaging in questionable behavior is revealed to be a Skrull, it could be construed as a kind of quick fix. Black Bolt got taken out really easily in World War Hulk, for example, and the revelation that he's a Skrull in New Avengers: Illuminati "fixed" that for a lot of his fans.
Damn, I didn't know BB was a Skrull! When was this supposed to have been discovered? I know that NA:I took place over various time periods in the Marvel U but I only read the first few issues. So I guess it was discovered right after WWH? And this comic came out before WWH?

If anybody engaging in questionable behavior is revealed to be a Skrull, it could be construed as a kind of quick fix. Black Bolt got taken out really easily in World War Hulk, for example, and the revelation that he's a Skrull in New Avengers: Illuminati "fixed" that for a lot of his fans.

Judging by interviews regardin that scene and the ending of Silent War, it was always planned that the easily beaten Blackbolt was a Skrull. Not completely a quick fix.

However it was planned, it comes off as a quick fix. Dan DiDio claims that he always meant to kill off Bart Allen, but that doesn't make Bart's time as the Flash any less lackluster.

Yes... something can be planned and still not be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"