The Comics Sentry kicked Ironmans ash

SatEL

Sidekick
Reaction score
What are your views on that was it Pis?

I thought it was pretty good, Iron Man did much better than I thought he would, saying Sentry kicked Iron Man's ash is incorrect, Stark held his own very well, and eventually did what Tony always does, he out thought his opponent and beat Sentry, he may not of knocked him out,but Iron Man was still standing and Sentry wasn't.

I like the way that Tony is an outsider, yet is always deeply involved in a lot of events. You have to think that he's planned how to fight every villain AND hero at some point if he has to.

When did Ironman beat Sentry? That very idea is insulting to most logic. Sentry isn't weak to krptonite or some crap. He is Supes, without the weakness...just some minor psychosis. What issue of Ironman did this happen in?

The one before last. All he did was use sentrys program(to tell him where trouble is) to overload his brain and end the fight. Overall tony beat sentry through his mind and not muscle.

That sounds like such crap. What a cop out way to win. I never knew that being Ironman meant he was suddenly the lord of technology. What is he, John Corben Jr? Besides, wouldn't screwing over the Sentry side of his mind, only make Void appear, and thus wreck Ironman's s***?

You whining nincompoops. You win. You advance. There is no dirty way to win.

[Costello]'When I was your age, they would say you could become cops or criminals. What I'm saying is this: when you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?'[/Costello]

Imbeciles, winning is winning. What's the difference?

Desperate times, desperate measures. . . .

Improvisation is admirable and gaining the mastery over an opponent dictates that 'Sentry kicked Iron-Man's ***' is an impossibility. You win, you were beaten, you endured, but you didn't get your 'candy ***' handed to you.

Class is dismissed friends.

Besting opponents is one thing, but doing it by "rabbit out of the hat" means, is just questionable writing. I didn't read the issue, so I hvae yet to see how it all worked out. Considering that the Sentry hears all sounds individually and at the same time, while seeing great distances and near at the same time, is it even possible to overload his mind with information? Secondly, since Sentry has two seperate minds (Sentry and Void) even if you overwhelm one mind, wouldn't it just free the other? I'm not against the idea of people outsmarting somebody, or exploiting weaknesses. Batman does it on a regular basis. So does The Punisher and every other hero that is powerless or underpowered. I do however disagree with writing that serves the situation rather than the characters. Then again that has been the Marvel way for a while now. Choosing writing over legacy and consistency. Not that other comic companies aren't guilty of the same...but Marvel seems to have knack for it lately.

Is the Sentry more powerful than Iron Man. You betcha.

4btnv2b.jpg

But Shellhead still makes a pretty good showing of it; impressing Sentry with his speed, getting in a few good hits and finally, at least temporarily taking the Sentry out of action through an indirect approach.

2rp7g3o.jpg

44jg2tc.jpg

Is it self-serving for the story? You betcha, but it isn't way out of the realm of believability. Despite possessing "the power of a million exploding suns" the Sentry has more than a couple of marbles loose and Tony is just the man to exploit this. Much like a certain DC dark night detective, with time to properly prepare, there are few opponents Iron Man can't deal with successfully.

4g5lllk.jpg

tetra1 said:
Is the Sentry more powerful than Iron Man. You betcha.

4btnv2b.jpg

But Shellhead still makes a pretty good showing of it; impressing Sentry with his speed, getting in a few good hits and finally, at least temporarily taking the Sentry out of action through an indirect appraoch.

2rp7g3o.jpg

44jg2tc.jpg

Is it self-serving for the story? You betcha, but it isn't way out of the realm of believability. Despite possessing "the power of a million exploding suns" the Sentry has more than a couple of marbles loose and Tony is just the man to exploit this. Much like a certain DC dark night detective, with time to properly prepare, there are few opponents Iron Man can't deal with successfully.

4g5lllk.jpg
man i'dve hated to have to get between THOSE two:ninja:

Iron Man v4 issue 11

Is basically the last arc in iron man comics before tony because a super villian.

That fight was phony. I guess next Ironman will punch out Galactus.
I can understand defeating him by overloading Cloc, but actually being able to take hits from the Sentry? Phony.

This is what I was talking about
Those new idiots in the comics industries don't even know how to write good phrase anymore they don't even have good idea for fights anymore

All they care about is to draw big picture
The story don't even flow panel to panel anymore
Diamondhead spits on you.

Anyways don't forget that iron man once knock out the incredible hulk
But it coasted him much
his entire armor shut down entirely
if it wasn't for ant man he'd be dead

Speaking of ant man
It’d be interesting to make a movie about him
You know a man who can communicate with all kind of insect and can also see through their multiply eyes as well
Wouldn’t it be a great way to spy on people?

Nowadays you can read any of their stupid comics in only 5 minutes

Whaaat??? Iron Man beat Sentry? isn't Sentry strong enough to bend Iron Man into a steel can?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"