Brad Pitt For The Sentry

^ guess so, didn't think of it that way. A character that isn't well known, which is played by a rather unknown actor...wont work, all that well...

Probably not, but ya never know. Maybe.

Some images from Troy to help out->
troy_lg_22.jpg

brad-pitt-troy.jpg

Not a bad choice per se but I think casting people who are as well known as Pitt can be disasterous because people will see the character as Pitt and not as the character.

This is very true. But sometimes a gamble like that can work out, for instance; if the story is strong enough and the characters are great enough, than an audience will see past the famous face and will see the story your trying to tell.

I would think Daniel Goddard, or is it David? Anyway i think Goddard from Beastmaster could play a good Sentry.

I think they should wait 15 years before doing a Sentry movie. There are too many other Marvel movies to be made, and it would be good to let the Sentry character age a bit, since it's more or less a new marvel character...

but if you want to cast Senty than Jason Lewis is your man:
jason_lewis_heman.jpg
JASON-LEWIS_88__F-316.015_20.jpg

Jason Lewis even looks like the Sentry action figure counterpart:
D2429.jpg

Jason Lewis is an extremely interesting choice, good lookin out toddly6666. This thread should definately be considered a; Cast The Sentry thread. So bring on all the casting choices you have.

Brad Pitt has the look, but I don't know anythign about The Sentry, so I don't know if he's a good fit for the part.

toddly6666 said:
I think they should wait 15 years before doing a Sentry movie. There are too many other Marvel movies to be made, and it would be good to let the Sentry character age a bit, since it's more or less a new marvel character...

but if you want to cast Senty than Jason Lewis is your man:
jason_lewis_heman.jpg
JASON-LEWIS_88__F-316.015_20.jpg

Jason Lewis even looks like the Sentry action figure counterpart:
D2429.jpg

Not bad, but he looks to "pretty boy" ish.

A lot of the look is a matter of lighting and usage. So, really when it comes to some roles anyone is game. But for a comic book character you have two things to consider; one being how talented the actor is or isnt. Bad actors = bad portrayal of ANY character. The other thing is this, characters in comic books are designed already though you may have some leway due to the fact that its a film. But the look and attitude are already decided. So its a matter of findng the person for the role who can best bring the character to life, thus bringing us back to number one :) .

So what would the Sentry script be about? would it involve other heroes, like the original mini-series?

If Brad Pitt was to ever be a comic charchter it HAS to be Captain America, he's the only person who I would choose.

Dynasty said:
If Brad Pitt was to ever be a comic charchter it HAS to be Captain America, he's the only person who I would choose.

He's my pick for Cap too. Either Cap or Sentry. :)

I've read virtually everything out there on the sentry and I too very much would love there to be a Sentry movie..... Brad Pitt would be a good choice since Sentry isnt well known at all...I think I would kind of prefer The Sentry to be in his late 30s early 40s opposed to say in his 20s it would really let you believe he is the Oldest Marvel Superhero or the FIRST Marvel superhero like the graphic novel leads you to believe. So him being older then all of them would be perfect. That Jason guy also would be good to play the role...

The main thing I would be concerened with is would we want Two movies about the Void or just one including both Graphic Novels on The Sentry.... In the first novel he is just remembering who he is....and in the second he already has become the Sentry again yet he is fighting the Void throught he whole thing I personally think One movie including all the current stories..for the first half of the movie have him remembering and figureing it out..now the only problem with this is Mr. Fantastic and Dr. Strange would kinda have to be a part of these movies since they are the ones that helped him and i dont know how they would do that......ok then in the second half the sentry is battling The Void for Control of the body. ....Infact Mr. Fantastic could almost get dropped completely and just have Dr. Strange in it and have him help the sentry battle the void.....

A good selling point for this movie would be really pushing the fact that he could pretty much kill superman....he is invulnerable....he has the power of a million exploding suns....which i would say superman lacks...he is pretty much a being of light so he can go as fast as the speed of light..he can control time and space.....and I believe they explained that when it comes to mind screwin he out does Professor X and the other big league mindcontrollers...and readers.... anyways this would be an awesome movie..my personal favorite version of the sentry you can see on the cover of New Avengers #3 I like the shorter hair and the stuble look better personally...

http://www.numbmonkey.com/SeanStoryImages/newavengers.jpg

My concept is that it would be like a combination of a twilight zone episode combined with a gigantic superhero story. Essentially following two different stories, the ordinary comic writer/artist, and the adventures of the Sentry. Until both stories collide and the hero comes to the realization of what he is. And has to face an unbeatable evil. It would essentially take elements from all of the Sentry stories. Both the miniseries and the newer material. And try to make it cerebral while also keeping the action way up.

Thats true, on quite a few levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"